VIDEO Project Eternity (Kickstarter)

Discussion in 'Games' started by The Great No One, Sep 14, 2012.

1. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    and with paypal this is now over 3.7 million and still going. where it stops nobody knows...
  2. LightWarden Force Ghost

star 4
    Closing on on 4 million with two hours left.
  3. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    including paypal it's now officially over 4 million. this is... just insane. and a lot of people are thinking it'll hit that just on kickstarter alone. woot.
  4. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm perfectly okay with being wrong about not reaching 4 mil. :)
  5. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Finished with 73,986 backers pledging $3,986,929, just shy of the final $4 Million stretch goal to "enhance the whole game". This set a new Kickstarter record for video games.
    Last edited by Darth-Lando, Oct 16, 2012
  6. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    with the paypal numbers, it broke that and got a lot closer to 4.2 than anything else. i know there were several things that added to at least 20k (site pledges like gamebanshee, and the rpgcodex), that added through paypal at the very end. so this could have ended up being the highest pledging day. even more than the first one, which is absolutely insane.
  7. Zebra3 Force Ghost

star 5
    Now to warm up for Project Eternity I've got to play through all of those Infinity Engine games I bought from that GOG sale last month.
  8. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    lol. i need to do that too, although i've had them for a while. hate when your computer gets appropriated by other people...
  9. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    I didn't know about the PayPal backers but the newest project update confirmed it. 3,861 PayPal backers added $176,279 for a grand total of $4,163,208. That exceeds the $4 million stretch goal and the Mega Dungeon will have 14 levels. If Obsidion crosses 40k Facebook likes "quickly" they may add a 15th!

It's gonna be a long year and a half (at least) waiting for this. :p
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    lol. no kidding.

i knew about the paypal numbers because i've been haunting the comments over there a lot (to the tune of 1.5k comments posted), and got to talk to feargus and darren a fair amount. pretty cool dudes.
  11. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    oh, they actually already had 15 levels in that dungeon. that thing is going to be nuts.
  12. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    Ulicus and Darth-Lando like this.
  13. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    anyone else been following the updates? the new screens and videos have been really impressive.

not entirely sure what i think about the new name, but didn't really expect them to leave the name the same. pillars of eternity is supposed to be something to do with the world, and future games (should this succeed) so there's that.