main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Project Evolution: Man's Downfall (a zombie RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sentinel001, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yuul_Shamar

Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2004
    IC: John Renning
    Time: 1:00 am

Yuul was waiting near the others that were getting ready for their trip into the sewers when the man he had seen near the girl with the camera walked up to him and said,

"I'm sorry about her, she may seem rude but... I think she's just scared. I'm Aki, Aki Yubari."

Yuul turned to the man, who he now knew was Aki, and replied, "Nice to meet you, my name is John, John Renning. Anyway it's ok and to be honest I'm a bit scared myself but then again, I'd worry about someone who wasn't at least somewhat frightened at the prospect of being eaten alive by creatures created in horror stories."

Tag: Darth_Joesha, other bar denizens

2. Darth_Joesha

Darth_Joesha Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya & Aki Yubari
    Time: 01:00

"Nice to meet you, my name is John, John Renning. Anyway it's ok and to be honest I'm a bit scared myself but then again, I'd worry about someone who wasn't at least somewhat frightened at the prospect of being eaten alive by creatures created in horror stories."

"The worrying thing is I think she'd prefer to be eaten than go on right now. We've had a tough year." Aki said looking over at his sister who was staring into space once more. He maintained his gaze on her for a moment then shouted across to her in Japanese. "Maya, I think you owe this man an apology."

She rolled her head around and raised her eyebrows towards her brother for a second before seeing his seriousness. She then stood and moved slowly across toward them.

"I was rude." Was all she said before turning to Aki and raising her eyebrows in a happy now way.

tag: Yuul, bar crowd

3. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Time: 1:00 am

John heard the man reply which snapped him out of staring at the creatures outside.

"The worrying thing is I think she'd prefer to be eaten than go on right now. We've had a tough year." Aki said looking over at his sister who was staring into space once more. He maintained his gaze on her for a moment then shouted across to her in Japanese. "Maya, I think you owe this man an apology."

John Watched the girl comeover a say to him, in what sounded like one of those forced to say your sorry to an older sibling kinda ways, "I was rude."

john didn't try to purposely make it tough for her and simply said, "It's ok." When the girl walked off he told the guy, "I know what you mean. I've had my share of hard years myself."

Tag: Joesha, any in pub

4. Sentinel001

Sentinel001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2007
    IC: Captain James McDonough
    Time: 1:30 AM
    Weapon: M-16 Assault Rifle
    Ammo: 357 Bullets

Jim was getting nauseous, he felt his eyelids getting heavy and his ankle was throbbing in pain since he was bitten. It had been over an hour and a half now. He wasn't dying, Jim knew what that felt like, this was something else. Suddenly there was a omnipotent signal on the radio, someone was broadcasting on all frequencies, probably an SOS.

"Miller," the Captain managed to mumble, "hand me the radio," Vincent obliged, "This is Captain James McDonough of the United States Marine Corps, identify yourself, over."

TAG: Daunte

5. Kaiser1990

Kaiser1990 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2007

IC: 1st Lieutenant Daunte Acton
    Time: 01:30 AM
    Weapon: M4 Carbine
    Ammunition: 5.56 × 45 mm / 37 Rounds of ammunition.

Daunte checked his watch. It was time to move out they couldn't wait any longer. [b][i]"Alpha Squad, on me. Tactical column."[/i][/b] He whispered round Alpha, quickly whipping out his M4 he slowly walked over to the door way before he could leave the area a voice suddenly came across the radio.

It was a clear signal so they must be close. [b][i]"This is First Lieutenant Daunte Acton of the 1st SFOD-D, [u]Delta[/u]. Over."[/i][/b]

Crouching down against the door frame he raised his hand to the middle of his weapon and made it into a fist giving the order to [i]'Hold your postion'[/i] while he waited for the reply of the Marine Captain.

[b]TAG: Sentinel (Captain!)[/b]

6. Sentinel001

Apr 18, 2007
    IC: Captain James McDonough
    Time: 1:30 AM
    Weapon: M-16 Assault Rifle
    Ammo: 357 Bullets

"Alright, listen up soldier, I want you to rendezvous with my squad in central park by 0200 hours. I assume that by now, you've run into what we've been able to identify as hostiles. From there, we'll figure something out."

Jim usually spoke a bit more formally, but under the circumstances he was barely able to speak anyway.

TAG: DAUNTE

IC: Dale Kerrigan
    Time: 1:40 AM
    Weapon: 12 Gauge Shotgun
    Ammo: 13 Rounds

Looking around the room, he could tell that a lot of people were having trouble deciding between zombies and sewer rats, he wasn't too fond of his master plan either, but he knew there was no other way. As he got off the bar, he grabbed a crowbar and opened up the cellar. He was the first down, before he opened up the sewage entrance, he grabbed a flashlight, and duct-taped it onto the shotgun.

Flipping the flash light on and opening the sewer, he jumped in, making a big splash whose drops found their way into his face and mouth. It tasted beyond disgusting, but mildly reminded him of what it tastes like to be punched in the mouth and bleed from it. Thinking nothing of it, he scanned the area with his flashlight, and started helping Daniel Keyes down.

TAG: ALL BAR PATRONS

CHAPTER TWO: A RODENT PROBLEM

7. Kaiser1990

Aug 9, 2007
    Time: 01:32 AM

Daunte checked his watched and thought for a moment. He pulled the map from under his helmet and using the shop counter as to cover the light he was using to see the map he checked his objective location, it shouldn't stray away from the mission so it was fine to link up.

[b][i]"Understood we'll link up at that selected location. And yes we've encounted one hostile, but we'll talk more about that when we meet face to face. Out"[/i][/b]

Daunte gave the order to [i]move out[/i], he led the way towards central park. The walk shouldn't be too far off.

[b]TAG:Sentinel (Captain!)[/b]

8. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Time: 01:40
    Weapons: Unarmed

As soon as the door to the sewers was opened the stench of excrement, urine and something worryingly familiar yet unrecognisable filled the bar. The bar fell silent as the first of their party jumped into the tunnels below, the sound of him crashing into the water echoed around, but then went back to silence.

This silence was soon broken by a chair smashing against a wall, the entire bar turned to the noise and saw Maya standing looking strangely pleased with herself. Out of the chair's debris she took two large pieces of wood, once legs that seemed to be reinforced with bars of metal. Several nails were still sticking out of the top at odd angles making a menacing shadow against the wall behind her.

Once the moment passed the bar went back to what they were doing, moving slowly toward the sewer entrance. Maya shook her head as she gave one chair leg to Aki.

"I do not like this." She said quietly to Aki and John.

"We have no choice." Aki responded, placing a hand on Maya's shoulder.

"Stay out of the water." Maya whispered, her face lacking its trademark passive expression, now replaced with anguish.

tag: Bar

9. Sentinel001

Apr 18, 2007
    OOC: Before we begin the next chapter, everyone who is or is planning on being an active player should post as soon as you see this post, just so I know who is playing and who isn't so I can weed out the characters who are expendable.

I will do this at the start of every chapter so stay on your toes.

10. Deiskrad

Deiskrad Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 22, 2004
    IC: Paul Olsen
    Weapon: Candlestick
    Ammo: N/A

The door to the sewer was wrenched back with a great resounding creak, and a great shudder involuntarily went up Paul's Spine. It was quelled a second later by the awful stench that wafted forth, making him nearly retch in disgust. He pulled his shirt over his nose.

He was about to protest this line of action, when the front door audibly scraped as the mass of crazed humanity pushed on it from the outside. Simultaneously, one of the pub windows spiderwebbed as a silhouetted hand, one of dozens, struck it from without. Paul took a step away from the front door and towards the Sewer.

"I'm in if you don't mind my puking." Paul said grimly. He glanced over at Mike, who slowly nodded.

"Man, how drunk are you?" Paul asked his friend, who seemed stupefied with drink.

"Just... Shock." he said, and numbly got in line for the sewer.

TAG: Any in McTyre's

11. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    IC Arkady Callia
    Time: 1:42
    Weapon: None

Arkady was wondering what to do, follow the mans advice or go into the sewers. Everyone around her scared her from how calm they were. These things were zombies as the man had called it. They SCARED her half to death. She decided that she'd follow the bartender, and hope he didn't shoot them all, rob them and run away. She went down the ladder and shuddered in disgust, she couldn't bring herself to talk.

Tag: Anyone

12. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: I'd like to be active, but so far there is nothing in the area my character is in to warrant any action, it's prety much life as usual for him right now.

13. Anime_Fan

Anime_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    OOC:Sorry for my lack of posting, I haven't had much time to get on the computer with school and all.

IC: Daniel Keyes
    McTyre's Pub
    Weapon: Molotov cocktails
    Ammo: Four

Dale's plan had it's negatives and it's positives. Still, Daniel would much rather walk around in a sewer fighting off rats, than fight off zombies, and risk turning into one. Yeah, the sewers sounded like a really good idea. 'Good thing I'm not wearing my good suit.' Daniel shoved the lighter into the pocket of his suit jacket, and shoved as many molotovs that would fit in his pants pockets, and the inner pockets of his jacket. With Dale's help he jumped down into the sewer, grimacing as the water splashed up.

"I brought some along, just in case. I can only carry four though."

Daniel patted his jacket lightly to show Dale the bulge that the molotovs caused in his pockets and then quickly moved out of the way to allow the others to jump down. He looked around the dim sewer and sighed.

Tag: Bar

14. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    IC; Maximillion Murano, Kyle Agrios
    Time: no idea, around 1:50

After stumbling out of the hotel he saw carnage. But no zombies, lucky for him they moved on, but why he was left alive was unclear to him. Possibly it was the authority of a greater being, perhaps he hadn't served his purpose yet. With Masume slung over his shoulder he walked, he could hear shattering glass, car alarms, screaminng saw smoke. The entire city was like this, "Is it the apocolypse, I wonder" he asked himself aloud. Just then a car came barelling down ths street behind him. He turned as he heard the wheels skid, the car peeled out and came right towards Max. He quickly lept up over the front of the car, rolling off the back as it rushed forward. He slammed onto the street to see the car slam right into the side of a building. His heart raced, he slowly appraoched, the door slammed open. Out came hsi friend, Kyle. The two knew eachother through a friend, Kyle had a wound on his side. Also there was blood coming down from his temple. However it was just a flesh wound. Kyle wasn't a zombie luckily. The two meet at the back of the car, Kyle breathing heavily, "WHat's been going on" Max asked. " I have no clue, but according the what I hear it's happening everywhere and not just in the city. But all over New York and who knows.." Kyle responded as he opened the trunk of his car. "You can't seriously think this is happening all over the world" Max said in shock. Kyle shook his head, "I don't know what to think..." he said, pausign as he riffled through his trunk for something, suddenly he stopped and pulled out a bow and a quiver stuffed full of arrows,"... However I do know this, we have to get out of here, the cities are over run with these things, supposeably a resistence team is meeting in Central park."

They began to walk away from the car, "That' where I was headed until these guys in trench coats started tailing me," Kyle said gesturing to his car. "DO you really think we're any good to a resistance team, I mean we've got a sword and a Bow" Max said as he shooke the quiver, Max laughed. "We made it this far haven't we?"

TAG:ALL

15. Kaiser1990

Aug 9, 2007

Time: 01:57 AM

Alpha was nearing the location of the link up. Daunte had no idea what shape these Marines were in or [i]why[/i] the Marines were here in the first place.

They had been in the city for about an hour and they had, although couldn't comfirm, already came into contact with a hostile
    something that Daunte was trying to put out of his head. [color=royalblue]"Lieutenant, lieuntenant permission to speak."[/color]

Baker had spoken up for the first time in a while, Daunte had rekoned that it was alright to say something for a while. [b][i]"Granted Baker."[/i][/b]

[color=royalblue]"Sir i know that we haven't really got a clue on what's happened but, that thing earlier. Do you think that this could be some sort of... outbreak"[/color]

Daunte kept on walking while he thought for an answer [b][i]"Baker what we saw is, well... not right. And i don't belive that is the case right now."[/i][/b] Baker had nothing more to say, but what he did Daunte did feel like it was the true to it. He didn't let the others know because it could cause anxiety and that would be dangerous for soldiers at this moment.

Something then was approching, Daunte gave the hand signal to [i]halt[/i] and get down into a prone postion.

[b]TAG: Sentinel001 (Captain)[/b]

16. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    IC: Maximillion Murano, Kyle Agrios
    Time: 2:00

You could gauge the chaos by sounds, screaming meant that something was about to happen, shattering glass and crashes meant it was happening, and silent footsteps meant in was over.

After five minutes of walking Kyle and MAx had gotten into a spot where they could finally see around smoke and into central park. Max looked over at Kyle, Kyle nodded in a comforting fashion. "DO you think this is the end of the world, and do you think we can really make a difference" Max asked. Kyle laughed, "think about what you just asked. IF it was the end of the world, we couldn't do anything to make a difference because it'd be the end, an absolute. I think it's judgement, the fall of man. And evolution of sorts,where the weak and corrupt are cleansed from the Earth and those who deserve to survive will" Kyle said looking into the stary sky. Max thought to himself, "Does that mean Emily deserved to die when I didn't" it troubled him as they walked towards Central park.

Just then they heard a scream come from inside a Best Buy they were passing. Suddenly the glass shattered right on queue and from the glass came a large tv, with a man in a white shirt and black tie running towards the two. He was a zombie along with all the rest of the geek sqwaud. " I told you geek squad would get revenge" Max joked. "Funny, but like you said, we have a sword and a Bow, no frontal assault can be stopped by this" Kyle said ashe pulled an arrow from the quiver and pulled it on the drawstring waiting to fire. MAx unsheathed Masume. Kyle then noticed a ladder to the left flank of the geek squad. Max saw it too, at the same time they ran for it. Max climbed on after Kyle and they ascended to the top of the small building.

Once they were on the roof they heard gun shots and explosions from the streets. They looked at eachother and rushed to the edge of the roof, looking over the side they saw limbs and corpses of the zombies writhing around. They saw a man standing with an M4, it was an officer.

TAG: DAUNTE

17. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: sorry for not being able to post yesterday.
    Time: 1:00

"I do not like this."

"Neither do I." John replied to Maya before entering the sewers with the others, trying to stay near the edge, and if their was one, a ledge. He made sure to carry his laptop case above his head and he had already moved all of his electronic items to the top pockets in his jacket vest. The smell in the sewers was awful, but then again it was to be expected. Still, John couldn't help almost puking but managed to hold it in. "I hope we get out of here soon, and what do we do if we find those things down here?"

Tag: Pub group

18. Kaiser1990

Aug 9, 2007

Time: 01:57 AM

The nightvision Alpha squad was using gave the advantage on the approaching units, they didn't look like soldiers nor did they look like humans. Daunte placed his finger firmly on the trigger and waited till he could confirm to open fire, they we're getting closer Daunte had made his choice, these weren't normal. He gave the order to kill each and everyone with the sudden burst of fire from his rifle.

The hostile he fired at fell straight to the floor, the rest of Alpha followed by firing at the closest hostile, more we're beginning to come out of the darkness. Like the dark itself was producing these things, releasing five more rounds from his M4 'killing' these things that seemed to be already dead. Ramirez who was the support gunner of the team was tearing them down with the FN Minimi. To him it must be really like shooting fish in a barrel with them just stumbling around and not firing back.

Soon they were to many heading towards them, [i]'Central Park of all places'[/i] Daunte thought to himself firing his last round from the magazine. [b][i]"Fall back to higher ground, Ramirez cover us."[/i][/b] Daunte reloaded his M4 and ran towards the nearest place with higher ground, Ramirez soon enough follow when he finished finning these [i]things[/i] numbers down.

[b]TAG: DarthCemeroX, Sentinel001[/b]

19. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    IC: Maximillion Murano, Kyle Agrios

The zombies persisted towards Daunte and his partner Ramirez. "I think we shoulde help them, Kyle" MAx said, he pulled Masume out of the scabbard. Then Kyle pulled back two arros on the draw string as two of these creatures approached Daunte from a blind spot. The arrows dug into the skulls of the creatures, knocking them down but not out. Kyle then moved towards the west facing edge of the building the zombies weren't fire proof as Max proved earlier. Kyle shot an arrow an electrical line and severed it. The line's open ends landed in the mass of zombies pulsing into the mindless bodies. Smoke rose, Max covered his mouth and nose with his scarf. It smelt like rottign meat, Max coughed as the smoke cleared. Kyle and Max saw they had to get out of there, they then made their closer to the Daunte Max shouted, "We should head for Central park."
    TAG: Daunte, Sentinel001

20. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    Time: I'm not really sure right now. It seems to change quickly!
    Weapons: Naily chair legs.

Aki lowered Maya slowly into the sewers and she landed softly in the water below. She took a moment to congratulate herself on wearing knee high boots today. He then followed swiftly behind her, not landing with quite the grace that she had and splashing the water ever so slightly so drops of sewage sprayed up his legs.

The group slowly moved along the sewers, not really sure where they were going but certain of where they were leaving. Maya walked between Aki and John, finding what ledges and walkways she could to stay out of the foul water that ran along the canals beside them. She looked up to John and spoke quietly.

"Where are we actually going now?"

tag: Group

21. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    Time: 1:00

Azervado was concentrating on staying on the narrow ledge. Nothing had tried to eat dale yet but that didnt mean the water was a good thing. As he smelled it again he mentally rephrased it to the water definately being a bad thing, even if it had nothing to do with the zombies. As he contemplated this he heard Maya say, "Where are we actually going now?"

Azervado paused, "You know what I have no idea, I hope Dale does though." As he said he thought eureka! "Would mind holding my laptop case for a moment? I need my hands free for a moment." He asks Maya.

Tag: Bar group

22. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Maya Yubari
    Time: 1
    Weapon: Naily chair leg

"You know what I have no idea, I hope Dale does though. Would mind holding my laptop case for a moment? I need my hands free for a moment."

Maya nodded, taking the case from John. She eyed him curiously, he had the look of someone with a brilliant idea.

tag: Yuul, bar people

ooc: Sorry for the really brief post, lost for words really... grrr writers block. Hate it.

23. Sentinel001

Apr 18, 2007
    OOC: Averzado?

IC: Dale
    Weapon: 12 Gauge Shotgun
    Ammo: 13 Shells

Dale was having some trouble reading the age old map that the bootleggers had been using to smuggle liquor into the bar during the prohibition. He was hoping that the map itself wasn't as dated as the paper it had been drawn on.

Concluding that straight was the way to go, he began making his way through the sewage system that honeycombed the ground beneath Manhattan island.

As the group came to a fork in the "road", dale went with his gut instinct, or with his dominant hand, and went right. The group of bar patrons followed him.

Out of the silence came a noise, a mysteriously familiar and disturbing noise. It wasn't human, nor was it one of those... things. It was a high pitched squeak.

No ****ing way. Dale thought, as he pumped a shell into the chamber or his shotgun.

"Rats," he said to the group, "sewer rats. The damned things get as big as footballs."

He didn't want them to panic, but he figured that if they knew what was coming, they'd be at least a bit less petrified when they actually saw them.

TAG: Pub Group.

24. Yuul_Shamar

Nov 3, 2004
    OOC: Sorry, I use Azervado Renning as a name in a few other RPs just a little mix up, apologies.

As Maya took the case John pulled out his moddified PDA and for a moment he got a fuzzy reception and he tried to pull up a more detailed map of the sewers then what they had on hand but even his heavily(and in some states illegally) modded version couldn't break through the sewer's dampening effect on reception. "Darn it!" He said as he realized his idea wouldn't work. "Oh well," He said as he took back the laptop case thanking Maya for holding it in the process. "it looks like that idea won't work down here." He was starting to think again when Dale said, "Rats," he said to the group, "sewer rats. The damned things get as big as footballs."

John turned to Dale eyes growing wide, "I thought that was just an exageration." Their situation was getting worse, no doubt about it.

Tag

25. Darth_Joesha

Apr 22, 2004
    ic: Aki & Maya Yubari
    Time: 02:00
    Weapons: Naily Chair Legs

"sewer rats. The damned things get as big as footballs."

"Just when things couldn't get any worse." Maya growled feeling the edge of the walls slightly with her fingernails to keep to the path.

"I had a pet rat back in London." Aki said calmly as they turned the corner. "Didn't get as big as a football though."

"No, more of a cricket ball." Maya mused smirking to her brother. "That would be a small baseball to you Americanas."

"You're surprisingly chirpy. I don't think you've talked this much in weeks." Aki laughed smiling at Maya.

"Well there's something strangely uplifting about impending death." Maya joked before stumbling slightly on a crooked rock. "Watch your step there bro. God, I hope the rats aren't dead but still moving if you catch my drift."

"Lets hope not." Aki responded. Why was it that the first time in months he had a "normal" conversation with his sister was when they were both facing a violent but unfortunately short death.

tag: Sewer crowd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.