NSWRPF Archive Project Evolution: Man's Downfall (a zombie RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sentinel001, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling

star 1
  2. Lilly_Kasei Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Me three! I want to play
  3. Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Sentinel001 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    .... So am I.

I know that no amount of apologies could ever get rid of the bad rep I've "earned" with my prolonged leave of absence, so, I'm not really going to try. In short, my grades were slipping and there was now time, I'm back to a 3.5 GPA and you can expect my return to be all out. I know I may not be welcome in my return, but if you'll have me, I'd like to reprise my role as lead GM.

Also, I'd like to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for not letting this RPG die in my absence. I was worried that with me being gone so long, it was almost certainly to follow its predecessors into obscurity. Thank you all for keeping your interest up and running, and let's get back to business.
  5. chanbill5390 Jedi Knight

star 4
    Still waiting patiently, but in.
  6. Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Apadamek Jedi Youngling

star 3
  8. DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan

star 4
    WHen have i abadoned u senty
  9. Sentinel001 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    OOC: Alright then, let's kill some Zombies.

IC: Dale Kerrigan
    Time: 2:30
    Weapon: 12 Gauge Shotgun
    Ammo: 12 Shells

The half hour that Dale spent making sure there were no gators left in the water seemed like a month of inaction.

He gazed around the giant chamber that seemed like it could be the central hub of all sewage in the city mainly because of the smell, and because of the size. He was looking for some sort of way out but seemingly to no avail.

Hope finally came in the form of a ladder that he hadn't noticed before on one of the walls across the reservoir. One side of him argued that this place was safe enough, but he had a bad feeling that staying in one place for too long would turn him into someone or something's meal.

"OK, gang," he began, sounding like Fred from Scooby-Doo, "We need to get moving again, there's a latter across the reservoir. It's the only way out of here that I can see, so unfortunately we need to go for another swim."

IC: Captain James McDonough
    Time: 2:30
    Weapon: M-16 Assault Rifle
    Ammo: 356 Rounds

Jim was getting a bit nauseous. It had been about two hours since he'd been bitten by one of those things and he didn't plan on letting a nibble on the foot be the end of him after serving in three wars.

He hopped out of the Humvee and looked around for Lieutenant Acton, and mainly due to the blurred vision he was suffering, he saw nothing.

"You OK, sir?" asked one of his men.

"I'm fine," said Jim, "Set up a perimeter, kill anything that moves."

TAG: Acton, Max

IC: Dale
    Time: 3:00

Dale slowly lifted up the manhole cover, poked his head up and looked around. There were crashed cars and bits of glass everywhere. The streetlights were flickering on and off, and there was no power in any of the buildings. You'd thing that some kind of an apocalypse had commenced three hours ago or something.

"Bsst!"

It came from the right, a hardware store, Lowes as far as he could tell.

"Bsst!" It came again, this time Dale noticed a young man who looked about twenty standing in the doorway, "Are you alive?" He asked. On any other day that would have been a strange question to ask.

"Um... yeah." said Dale.

"Are you bitten?"

"No." he said.

"Right, come on in."

TAG: All Sewer crew.

10. Sentinel001 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    OOC: Update part two. Most of the new players will be worked in with this update. Sorry if I take liberties with the way I do so, but there's not a lot of other ways to do it.

IC: Dale
    Time: 3:00

Dale climbed up out of his hole and watched his "crew" follow suit. He waited outside the door with his shotgun trained in all directions as everyone else piled into the hardware store. He did a head count as they skulked inside. He went in last.

"I'm Chad," said the man who had herded them into what Dale hoped was a safe-house for the time being.

"Dale," he replied, "Do you know anymore about what the **** is going on than I do?"

"Not likely," replied Chad, "We've figured out a few things like how to kill them and that kind of thing, but nothing significant, I'll take you up to my boss after you help me re-barricade this entrance."

(Five Minutes Later)

"They move in hordes." said the fifty something year old man with a full head of white hair and a beard as he plopped his blood-covered boots up on his desk, "Bill, by the way, Bill Stewart."

"Dale Kerrigan," said Dale as he took a seat, "hordes, huh? Like wolves?"

"Nah, man, wolves move in packs of three or four. These ****ers are like those orc things from those Lord of the Whatevers films that my kids watch. Hordes. Not packs of four or five or six, Hordes of four or five or six hundred, maybe even a thousand."

"Damn..." Dale said, "how?"

"Listen, son," began Bill, "There are... or were, eight million people in this city and as far as I can tell there was at least 5 percent of that at that damned ritualistic party. Let's say that each of those things bites two people in the ten minutes that followed, and then those two, who we discovered turn in about two hours, then go and bite two people, and so on. It's been three hours since all hell broke loose. Do the math."

"Wow..." said Dale, "Is the world really ending?"

"I don't have all the answers, kid," said Bill as he got up and grabbed two beer cans out of the refrigerator in his office, one of which he threw to Dale, "But if it keeps up like this, it sure as hell looks like it."

OOC: Update to be continued

11. DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan

star 4
    IC: Max

He and Kyle had been seperated. He'd been staggering about avoiding the bloodthirsty zombies. He made his way over to central park. Stumbling over the gated fence. He saw a group of men standing in the distance. He ran quickly as he heard the zombies approaching. He prayed that he reached them before the zombies did, and that they weren't zombies themselves.

TAG: ALL
  12. MCPO_John_117 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    IC: Clark Stewart
    Time: 3:10
    Weapon: MacGyver?ed Flail (A hammer handle with a foot of chain attached and a sledge head on the other end.
    Ammo: N/A

?Dad, we got the back all boarded up, and mom?s looking for you.? Clark walked up to his dad, and sat down on the table behind his father. ?Who?s this??

OOC: Just trying to keep this going.
  13. Sentinel001 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    OOC: right then, the holidays are over and I'm all caught up on my school work and what not, I'm officially back in business. Problem is, I'm not sure if any of you are. I'll wait two days for posts telling me you're good to go, if I don't get at least five, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to shut her down.

-Sentinel 1-14-08
  14. DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sentinel im in
    but int he meantime u should check out the omniversal combat thread its something u'd enjoy

characters from any world can fight eachother
    u'd dig it
  15. Sentinel001 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Right then, after twenty four hours with absolutely no response other than that of my ever-faithful co-GM, it is with a heavy heart that I put this dying dog to sleep. Thank you all for playing, and I hope you'll forgive me for my failure to keep it alive.
  16. Yuul_Shamar Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: I'm sorry, I didn't know this was back up, which was clearly my falt for not looking.... soorry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.