main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Prometheus Binding: Purge Final Chapter and Epilogue......3/20....This is it...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by rocketscientist, Dec 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-isis

jedi-isis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2005
    Dear rocketscientist,

Less angst filled but non the less spine tingling. I am so glad you gave Jed the stature he deserves. Reverting to his past military has served to his advantage. He stalked pretty well to that turbo lift. It must have caused him agonies to conceal that prosthetic leg(bionic or not it is still not his natural one) from both medics and clones alike. Evidently, he is a man of many talents as you have just revealed. Masquerading as medic, officer, sleuth and finally seeker. His dismay upon hearing that the Queen was dead couldn't have been more of a blow but not a deterrent. His journies from the imperial shuttle, through the medical center and lurking through the back streets to his home filled me with equal amounts of expectation and apprehension. Viewing the holo-vid of the Imperial scavangers through Jed's eyes had me feeling the same rape of personal belongings as he did including the probable loss of his precious daggers. The development of a lovers code into a unique spying device was truly ingenious. Larrec Sennsen has now completed his final function in this intrigue. For Jed now, the search is on. Who will reach the Jedi first? The Dark Lord, the frantic Queen or our steadfast Jed. This is a daunting task you have set. A triumvirate of mixed resolves.

I will not get too complacent. I know the ax is going to fall non to soon.[face_worried]

Wonderful post yet again@};-

2. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002

I?m reminded of the serenity prayer ?how does it go? Something about a plea for strength ?to change the things that I can change, accept of the things I cannot, and the wisdom to know the difference.? That would easily translate into a kind of Jedi Code, wouldn?t it? ?A Jedi is obligated to act decisively when it in necessary, to desist from action when to do so would only bring harm or dissipate the strength for necessary action, and to discern the truth of each situation?? something along those lines, anyway?:p

OK, OK, back to the story!

Hasn?t he just! Look at him ? he?s growing into himself right before our eyes. He?s even throwing out one-liners! ("Sorry friend, but you're not much of a conversationalist.") I?ll bet he?s going to start surprising even you, if he hasn?t already, ?cause that?s the way it works.

Now Sennsen. You really had me going with him! I was totally convinced that he was selling out the Naboo. I loved the scenes with Jed finding his precious daggers and the message. I?m keenly interested in the fact that he is working together with the ?priestly warriors? (love that one!). And I?m? wait, that?s it? End of Chapter 8?

Oh, well. Thanks for a great read!

*settles down to wait for more*

3. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    Ok, I've been following this for a while without posting.

Yes, My name is Gunrayslawyer and I'm a lurker.

That having been said, I am impressed. Jed is an interesting OC, and has been said elsewhere, the Queen is likely far safer with him than with the Jedi, who would, after all, sacrifice her, if necessary to kill Vader.

Now, the question is, will anyone ever find out Vader's connection to Naboo.

4. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Jed seems to be doing great so far. :D I only hope that things aren't going too well... [face_worried]

Perhaps they want to use him to find the queen. [face_thinking]

An absolutely wonderful post! [:D]

I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Ani-maniac

5. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002

'I must have lost a few pounds in the past couple of days' he thought vaguely.

Yeah, I hear that torture does that you. [face_mischief]
    As for the post, I only have one thing to say at this point - don't you dare kill off Jed now that you've made him so awesom! [face_worried] :mad: [face_praying]

6. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005

http://striderhouse.net/images/Jed_and_Neala.jpg

Jed and Naela: the old days

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Picking out some of my favorite lines here....

The first, imbibed with rich humor!

The third, "Once a Pilot always a pilot..." [face_laugh]

The second... the most important here... POrs has gone from a pieceof the scenerey to a living breathing man... no small feat....

Wonderful writings my dear, I forsee many great things comming from this story..=D=

8. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    I apologize for the delay in my response, but you know how DRL can be. Ok, on to more interesting matters...

The Naboo were going to get slaughtered. Pors, however had no intension of going down without a fight. And there was something he needed to get.

I think this sentence nails down Jed perfectly. He has fought more than once on the side that supposedly didn't have any hope and yet they found a way. If there is a better embodiment of what the Alliance will stand for, I would be pressed to find one.

"Sorry friend, but you're not much of a conversationalist."

[face_laugh] Love his wit :).

He smiled cynically at the thought of the hell there would be to pay when all this finally came to light.

Heh. Usually they are confronted with the Vader strangulaton method of disicipline.

Lovingly he held the ancient daggers. One he lifted to his lips. Closing his eyes, he kissed it reverently.

Etched carefully on it's beautiful hilt was the name 'Naela'.

:(

'It's not meant to be old man,' he told himself. 'The Jedi will be needing this.... but perhaps......no, best not to think that far ahead. One step at a time Jed.'

Still a young pilot at heart. Thought this line was great.

Nice update, RS. I like how you further describe Jed's character as well as move things along. Methinks that there will be a final confrontation between him and Vader. I'm very curious as to how that will end up. Also looking forward to the final showdown with his Sithliness and the Jedi. Great post! Can't wait for more!!

9. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    You certainly have a way of keeping us on the edge of our seats, wanting more. Another great update.

Nice homage to Han. ;)

10. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Sorry for my absence--I've gotten so behind.

You are doing an amazing job with Jed. I don't write OC's, but I know they must be difficult, yet rewarding. As everyone else has said, he has really started to develop. I hope he manages to survive this...

Great update!

11. rocketscientist

Nov 16, 2005
    'Ello all, I habe a bid ob a cold. Thag you for your responses! They mean a great deal to be! < sneazes - blows nose violently - takes another slug of Nyquil - watches a moment as room spins>

OK! Right!

I tried to post replies once before but as I went from one page to the next the board ate it, so I think I will brake them up this time.

VA_Parky

[:D]

Oh, I am so glad that Pors escaped! I was so glad he got to go home, at least one last time. But I think I was just as shocked as he was to see that Sennsen had left him a message! That's a clever dude right there.

I think he deserves a bit a back story - don't you? ( actually both of them) I mean after all, he did give his life for the good of the story!

Your writing is incredible. I feel like I know the characters so well - all their little nuances and personality traits that make them who they are. It really makes me emphathize with them - I love it!

Thank you so very, very much! you say the nicest things![face_blush]

jedi-isis

. I am so glad you gave Jed the stature he deserves.

Thanks to you and others who seemed to like him so. This is why your feedback is so valuable:*

Who will reach the Jedi first? The Dark Lord, the frantic Queen or our steadfast Jed.

Yes, who indeed?[face_thinking]

This is a daunting task you have set. A triumvirate of mixed resolves.

[face_worried] I know!<bites nails - sneazes>

TBC

12. rocketscientist

Nov 16, 2005
    I messed up - blaming it on the cold meds - Please proceed to next post[face_blush]

13. rocketscientist

Nov 16, 2005
    geo3
    [face_peace]

he?s growing into himself right before our eyes. He?s even throwing out one-liners! ("Sorry friend, but you're not much of a conversationalist.") I?ll bet he?s going to start surprising even you, if he hasn?t already, ?cause that?s the way it works.

You're not kidding he just droped by and was telling me his whole story - somebody aught to write this down![face_batting]

Now Sennsen. You really had me going with him! I was totally convinced that he was selling out the Naboo.

I do feel a bit like I've short shifted him - but I've discovered that he has a story too!

Oh, well. Thanks for a great read!

*settles down to wait for more*

Thanks so much - it'll be along soon. Good luck on your trip. have a lovely time! Look us up when you get back![face_peace]

Gunrayslawyer

[face_batting]

My name is Gunrayslawyer and I'm a lurker.

Welcome Gunrayslawyer - Thank you for sharing...,;)

That having been said, I am impressed.

[face_blush]

Jed is an interesting OC, and has been said elsewhere, the Queen is likely far safer with him than with the Jedi, who would, after all, sacrifice her, if necessary to kill Vader.

True!

Now, the question is, will anyone ever find out Vader's connection to Naboo.

GOOD QUESTION!;)

Ani-maniac

[:D]

Jed seems to be doing great so far. I only hope that things aren't going too well...

Me too!;)

An absolutely wonderful post!

I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Thank you, sweetie - momentarily.:)

leia_naberrie

As for the post, I only have one thing to say at this point - don't you dare kill off Jed now that you've made him so awesom!

Who me? [face_devil]

DarthBreezy

The second... the most important here... POrs has gone from a pieceof the scenerey to a living breathing man... no small feat..

Thanks! He wants me to let you know that they are actually rather large. ...the feats, you know...;)

Wonderful writings my dear, I forsee many great things comming from this story..

[face_blush]

REV

My beta brother![face_peace]

He has fought more than once on the side that supposedly didn't have any hope and yet they found a way. If there is a better embodiment of what the Alliance will stand for, I would be pressed to find one.

Wow! I don't think I could have put it that well!

He smiled cynically at the thought of the hell there would be to pay when all this finally came to light.

Heh. Usually they are confronted with the Vader strangulaton method of disicipline.

Heh, yeah he's been practicing.

Nice update, RS. I like how you further describe Jed's character as well as move things along. Methinks that there will be a final confrontation between him and Vader. I'm very curious as to how that will end up. Also looking forward to the final showdown with his Sithliness and the Jedi. Great post! Can't wait for more!!

Thanks...Thanks....Yes...And anon good Rev....:)

Bale

You certainly have a way of keeping us on the edge of our seats, wanting more. Another great update.

Yes Sir! Thank you, Sir!:D

Nice homage to Han.

He he! glad you liked it!

AnakinsForce

You are doing an amazing job with Jed. I don't write OC's, but I know they must be difficult, yet rewarding. As everyone else has said, he has really started to develop. I hope he manages to survive this...

Great update!

Thanks! Who knew? I understand these OCs have a way of taking off on you...thanks again:)

Whew! I'm worn out! How do you people with a bizilion people on your thead handle it?

And now here we have chapter 9. The angst monitor says "High" - So for those who would like a little angst to go with a dreary,

14. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    :eek: Whew, rocketscientist! You have a way of knocking me off my feet!

This was incredible! Just when I was really starting to hate Vader to the point of no return, you go and make me feel sorry for him again. :_| That was a brilliant move by Karina - made me wonder if Padme is there in spirit. [face_thinking]

Wow, what an update! Thanks for the PM - I can't wait for the next installment. I'm totally hooked!

=D= =D= =D=

15. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    What a lovely bittersweet post!

Now, if Pors has any sense he'll take this chance to run like hell!

16. Kele-en

Kele-en Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2005
    To love is to make exceptions. Thank you for the Valentine, kethán.

Badlands, by Kel'e'en

Scoured by wind, she crouches,
    all eyes,
    dark hollows, throat pulse.

He rises from the bed of shards,
    skinned knees,
    flayed heart.

After such thirst, they'll drink
    from a mirage --
    or from a poisoned well.

17. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Vader bowed his back, his shoulders shook. Placing both hands on the floor he hunched over jerking his head back and forth as if in pain.

Amazing how Padme was his strength when he was good, and his weakness when he is evil. :)

This amazing scene really makes you feel sorry for him, and it is such an incredible image. Wonderful work!

=D= =D= =D=

Ani-maniac

18. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Another amazing update, and the best yet, by far!

19. jedi-isis

jedi-isis Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2005
    rocketscientist,

I couldn't help but revel in the intensity of this post. The patterns are being woven and the result is heartgripping. The eerieness of the labyrinth of tunnels that each protagonist purposefully treads builds the tension for the final confrontation. Roth feels the roiling darkness crashing through the force and peacefully resignes himself to his fate for good or ill. For Karina, the goading fear propells her onward unmindful and ignorant of the consequences. Cirrus with his cooler head shows a form of frustrated detatchment for Roth's impetuous engagement. Jed, with his practical bravery, ready to complete a mission as yet unrevealed. Finally, Vader the magnet, drawing the filings toward a fate he had been chomping at the bit to complete. He, the Deathbringer, and the consequences be damned. Your scenes of devistation were so intense and the individual engagements riveting. Vader's sense of triumph actually made me shiver as reflected in these sentences: Lord Vader cast the body of the Jedi to the floor. Never before had he done such a thing with his bare hands, but it felt right. It felt good. Icy fire ran through his veins. There was nothing he could not do. The Jedi had melted before him like snow in the rain. When you interjected Padme's words from Karina's lips I almost jumped out of my chair. What fitting vengence! Another series of words hit true Skywalker waited. As he faced the vision, Vader's body, which was his own, shook. "Forgive me.." Skywalker said, and bowed his head. Your final scene with Vader on his knees and in spiritual agony left me with some serious eye leaking. His attempt to rip his chest open and end it all was a brief moment of insanity which I am sure Palpatine, waiting in the wings, will prevent. You have made a true hero in Jed, who showed compassion, although tempted, And as stated before in a previous post, the Queen is safer in Jed's capable hands.

Thanks, I can take a breath now.@};-

20. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Such a great post it deserves a double reply. I too enjoy the tie in with Embers/Spider Silk. We get to see Anakin in the suit, fighting with his two halves but knowing that what he requires for fulfill is still very much alive. While this was a very angsty post, there is some hope for him in time. Plus, there is some fun in watching Vader kick around the Jedi (Not like they are completely innocent, anyway.) Excellent post. Don't keep us waiting too long :).

21. Droid4sale

Droid4sale Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2004
    I'm enjoying this story very much. Can't wait for the next chapter.
    The characters we know are right on and the OCs are fantastic.

22. Bu-sanda

Bu-sanda Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2005
    I really liked this chapter a lot ? so much suspense ? it was great. So, something as innocent as a few properly-placed words can bring the evil Vader to his knees -- somehow, I think he?ll work on correcting that for the future. It?s probably a good thing that he?ll never hear a potential victim tell him to ?Hold me like you did by the lake on Naboo.? ;)

23. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Well I got my angst on fine Tuesday morning but who?s complaining? :)

Then there was Vader. Roth had no more desire to focus upon that presence than he would to stare directly into the heart of a fusion reactor.

For some reason, this just made me laugh.

That the Jedi Order could have opened their arms to this creature was astonishing.

There?s a cliché about how we?re all very wise after the fact. Much as I am an Ani/Vader-apologist, I definitely sympathize with any Jedi who felt like this after the Purge.

Grinding his teeth into his breathing apparatus, Vader grinned as he launched himself from the wall.

Roth watched, eyes wide, as Vader descended sword raised, like the mythical angel of death.

'THIS is unexpected!' he thought.

He's actually enjoying himself! :eek:

In the time it had taken for the fine dust grains to settle, Vader had overwhelmed twenty years of intensely focused meditation the way a flood would overwhelm a porcelain bowl.

Well they don?t call him the Chosen One for nothing. [face_mischief]

This fury could only be met with fury - this force with force.

The Dark Side with the Dark Side? o_O

"I'm not afraid to die," she said calmly. "I've been dying every day since you came into my life."

What just happened? Did Padme possess the girl? Somehow I don't think so... the words are still applicable to the situation. Vader's paralysis was so heartrending...

But Jed is 10 times a fool for not killing his enemy when he had the chance. Defenceless be damned. I am of the opinion that you should never leave an enemy behind your back.

"Grief has no distance. Grief comes in waves, paroxysms, sudden apprehensions that weaken the knees and blind the eyes".....Joan Didion.

:_|

EDIT - really nice pix of Jed and Neela. They look so tough. :)

24. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I?m back! Good thing I didn?t get to read this post before I left. It would have haunted my entire journey.

You have lived up fully to your assertion that ?No one is a villain in the theatre of their own mind.?

I don?t really have the words to express just how good I think the scene between Roth and Vader is. ?Bountiful minimalism? is the description that comes to mind ? not a word in excess, but the ones we are given are rich in clear, accessible imagery and deep emotion. Brilliant.

And then there is this wonderful, evocative simile:

In the time it had taken for the fine dust grains to settle, Vader had overwhelmed twenty years of intensely focused meditation the way a flood would overwhelm a porcelain bowl.

For me this is an image that in its deceptive simplicity says everything about the difference between the Jedi and the Sith. It implies a certain inward-looking ?preciousness? in the Jedi approach to the Force, to themselves, and to the highly refined institution they had become. The more refined and stylized one?s methods, the more rules there are to one?s methods, the more one believes in one?s own interpretations and systems - the more vulnerable one inevitably becomes to chaos, to rule breakers, to the sheer elemental power of ?No.?

"Your companion is dead. You are all but dead. Where is my failure, Jedi?"

This is just so? Vader!

"You will live - Skywalker...."

Enraged Vader lifted his lightsaber. "Ah, I see. The much vaunted Jedi compassion! Yet another lie!" He brought the sword down in vengeance.

Compassion? Or prophecy? Just because they could not withstand the power of the Sith doesn?t mean the Jedi ? these Jedi ? lacked skill and vision. I wonder?

Anyway, whatever Vader might have thought he understood of ?vaunted? Jedi compassion, he is not only unprepared for, but also probably entirely unable to grasp, the TRUE compassion of the kind shown by the young Queen of the Naboo and her aging rescuer. No porcelain bowl, that. It is something much greater, and brighter, and stronger.

The picture of Skywalker?s suffering is marvelous.

25. rocketscientist

Nov 16, 2005
    The proverb says "Have a care for what you wish - you may get it." Well I have some fantastic comments here and I'm frankly daunted by replying to them! I will do my best to reply in kind.

The last chapter got me going on a drawing bend that I really needed to indulge so I'm delayed in coming out with chapter 10. Sorry. It is almost done, and I have some art to do for that one as well. Sigh! But then I get to inflict it on YOU! Haha![face_devil]

If you glance back at chapter 9 there are a couple of illustrations that go with it... hence the delay.

Va_Parky

Just when I was really starting to hate Vader to the point of no return, you go and make me feel sorry for him again. That was a brilliant move by Karina - made me wonder if Padme is there in spirit.

Vader is easy to hate because he is so dangerous. He's very much consumed by his new found power, and that's all he has in his life now. That's why what Karina said was so pianful. Don't forget that Karina has the protection of the fates - and Cordice, who is one with the Force in a very special way. She gave her life completely selflessly for Karina.

Wow, what an update!

Thanks so much for all your kind words:)

DarthBreezy

What a lovely bittersweet post!

Now, if Pors has any sense he'll take this chance to run like hell!

Thanks Hon! Believe me he will![face_mischief]

Kele-en

To love is to make exceptions. Thank you for the Valentine, kethán.
    Having this as the Embers prequel is a delight and an honor.

<Bows>
    There are some situations for which words are inadequate. Suffice it to say that the delight is mine as well.@};-

Ok - wait a sec - I do have some words. Without the idea of a light at the end of the tunnel this story would have just been too depressing to write, and indeed I had given up on it. The only way I could continue was to put this story in a universe where there was a second chance. <tips hat> Thanks for that!

Ani-maniac

Amazing how Padme was his strength when he was good, and his weakness when he is evil.

That's always the way it is.

This amazing scene really makes you feel sorry for him, and it is such an incredible image. Wonderful work!

Thanks so much!:)

Bale

Another amazing update, and the best yet, by far!

Thanks again - and thanks for sticking with me!

jedi-isis

You are so generous with the time and consideration you put into your comments! Not only am I grateful, but I'm humbled that you think this piece is worthy.
    you wrote:

The eerieness of the labyrinth of tunnels that each protagonist purposefully treads builds the tension for the final confrontation.

It wasn't easy to pull them all together. Not only am I new to this writing business, but I my own motivation in such a situation would be to run like hell. That would have made a pretty boring outcome!

Roth feels the roiling darkness crashing through the force and peacefully resignes himself to his fate for good or ill.

I'm glad there is some sympathetic characteristics about him. I didn't set out to cast the Jedi in a negative light. I just wanted to portray them as I see them. I don't see them as bad. I just think very few of them live up to their ideals of compassion.

For Karina, the goading fear propells her onward unmindful and ignorant of the consequences.

This is all truly mind bending for her. At this point she is a pawn - who used to be a queen.

Cirrus with his cooler head shows a form of frustrated detatchment for Roth's impetuous engagement

Roth and Cirrus are like the whole Jedi Order. One does things one way, and the other, another, and they think they have it all wrapped up. But they don't see the gaps in their ways of thinking. They are not creative, so when faced by someone like Vader, who is both above and below them, they fail. That's why I used the metaphor of the porcelain bowl. That's what the Jedi are to me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.