main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Promises Kept

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by mouse2, Jan 14, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Great story! Is this the end or is there more?

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    5th page??? Disgraceful!!!

3. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    There is more, but not much!

Post is in the works. Thank you all soooooo much for reading! And upping! :D

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    What? The end is nigh?!?

Hmmm. Me thinks you'll just have to...

START ANOTHER ONE!!!

5. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Hiya Mouse! Have the day off and just upping my favorite threads.

Have ya noticed how quiet the board's gotten since school started? So many of our wonderful authors afficted with that cursed disease of time-consuming study. I think the worst symtom of it is USJS. I use to reply on a least a page a day to read and now...sadly a couple posts a day is lucky.

Yeah, I know I can't use that as an excuse for my own lack of progress. Blame that on a being stuck in the pit lacking motivation and inspiration.

Look forward to more of Rela, though not the end of this story.

6. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    I'm sorry to say that this is the last post. Well I do have an epilogue, so technically it's not. Although a plot bunny bit me pretty hard and I have an idea for another one, but I want to get it mainly written before I post it.

Actually Leona, Gryph and I were talking about the fact that things have gotten slow since school started this morning. Hopefully everyone will start to get on a schedule and be able to come back.

Well without further ado, here we go...

?Don?t you two look nice and cozy. Oafy and Red!? Bruck taunted.

?Bruck, stop it!? Obi-Wan told him in a warning tone.

?Why? What are you going to do about it, or do you want a second round??

The two Padawans stared at each other their fists clenching and unclenching wanting to strike. Neither looked as if they were going to back down until a familiar voice spoke up.

?Obi-Wan, he?s not worth it.? Rela stated calmly.

Obi-Wan glanced over at Rela and saw her shake her head. Almost as if a bell went off in his head, Obi-Wan saw everything in a new light.

?She?s right Bruck, you?re not worth it. We fought once and it solved nothing. I?m not going to sink to your level again.?

?You?re going to listen to some stupid girl. That is truly pathetic Oafy.? Bruck sneered as he began to walk away.

Rela watched as the white-haired padawan began to strut away. She couldn?t help but think that
    something else needed to be done. The gleam in her eye was unmistakable as she looked at the mud
    surrounding them and the idea came to her.

?He may not want to sink to your level, but I will.? she said as she swiftly kicked him head first into the mud.

?You stupid...? Bruck sputtered.

?Hey, the body may be an eight, but the brain is a ten! And the name is RELA!?

As Obi-Wan and Rela left the sputtering Bruck, Obi-Wan leaned over and whispered to Rela.

?I thought you said he wasn?t worth it?? Obi-Wan asked with a twinkle in his eye

?He?s not, but if felt really good.? she grinned back at him. ?Hey there?s Alby.? Rela pointed out quickly changing the subject.

?He has something to tell you. I?ll just wait for you over there.?

Rela watched Obi-Wan walk away with a slightly confused look on her face. She quickly reached Alby who had a serious look on his face.

?Hey Rela-girl. I need to tell you something.?

?Alby is everything okay?? Rela asked him slightly worried.

?Yeah, everything?s fine. I?m just not going with you.?

?What??

?I?ve got too much stuff to take care of here, and I don?t want to start all over again.?

Rela looked at her friend for a moment then walked closer and gave him a hug. ?I?ll miss you, you know that. If you?re ever on Courscant look me up. I can still get you a job and we could become filthy rich.? she laughed.

?I probably will, but not right now. Maybe sometime down the road. Hey, and stay in touch with those Jedi. It?s always nice to have friends that care.?

?Thanks Alby, I will.? Rela reached up and gave him a kiss on the cheek. ?Love ya! Mean it!? Then she walked back towards Obi-Wan leaving her friend behind.

As Rela got closer Obi-Wan noticed that she was looking at him oddly. Now what had he done he
    sighed to himself.

?What?? he finally asked.

Rela reached up and gave him a kiss on the cheek. ?Thank you for being my friend.? she said simply.

?I just kept a promise.? he shrugged with a slight smile.

Rela smiled back, then suddenly got a questionable look on her face.

?How did you know that Alby wanted to talk to me??

?Rela,? Obi-Wan said like he was talking to a small child. ?It?s a Jedi thing, you wouldn?t understand.?

Rela just crossed her arms and looked at Obi-Wan, almost to as if to say ?you?ve got to be kidding.?

?Oh, you?re a Jedi now is that it??

?I always have been Rela.? Obi-Wan told her slightly confused.

?No, when this all started Qui-Gon told me that your identity as a Jedi was to be kept a secret. Now you?re telling me that has changed??

?Sure Rela whatever you say.? Obi-W

7. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Bravo Mouse!!!!

What a wonderful end (sniff) to a wonderful story. I was chuckling (sniff) all the way through it.

I can't wait for the epilogue and more "Adventures with Rela'.

Hurray for aggressive plot bunnies!!!

8. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Yay Mouse!! That was great, it even brought a tear to my eye. Now we need the Epilogue.

Post soon!

9. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    It's always sad to see the end of a good story, especially one as good as this.

I hope we see lots and lots more of Rela in future stories. I know I count myself lucky she's part of ANTAR and my planned sequel for LT&P, so thank you!!!

Well done Mouse!

10. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    UPPERS!!

I will post the epilogue later today! :)

11. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Yeah, we want the epilogue!

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, sweet! I loved it when Rela said "Hey, dad!" Now I'm looking forward to the epilogue, too!

In the meantime, tell us more about that plot bunny that sank its teeth into you! Tantalize us a little with the shape of things to come!

13. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    EPILOGUE

A lone figure crept throughout the darkened corridors of the silent ship. The only sound coming from the continuos hum of the engines. Swiftly the figure made its was to its desired location. Nimble fingers almost instantaneously solved the door code and the figure slipped inside. It was two sleeping forms and quietly went to the smaller of the two. A small slender finger reached out to touch the forehead of the
    sleeping form.

?Stop it! I hate that!? he spat out in a whisper still groggy from sleep.

?Care to dish out a little revenge??

?Jedi don?t seek revenge. Now go back to sleep.?

?How about delivering a little justice??

He smiled, teeth gleaming in the darkness. ?Oh that?s another matter entirely.?

Now two figures softly prowled through the ship and into another room. The door was opened to again reveal two sleeping forms.

?Are you sure you can keep him asleep?? the first figure asked quietly.

?As long as you are quick about it. I don?t want to get caught.?

?We won?t. Now front or back??

?Front. That way he can see it when he wakes up. Plus he?s sleeping on his back.?

?Good point.?

The silence of the room was soon broken by the quiet sound of scraping. Quite like the sound of
    someone scratching.

?He?s starting to wake up.?

?I?m almost done. I don?t believe he said my name. EW! There! Finished! Let?s go!?

The two figures slipped out of the room with no one the wiser.

?I?m going back to bed.?

?Me, too. Goodnight Scrub Brush.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruck Chun awoke the next morning feeling refreshed. He had a few weird dreams, but just shook them off thinking nothing of them. He glanced over at his still sleeping master. He felt almost betrayed that she had sided with others and not with him. Plus they were not going back to the temple to stay. Well he decided that he would play along and do almost anything as long as he could stay a Jedi.

He quickly rose out of bed and headed towards the ?fresher. Before hoping into the shower he glance
    into the mirror. What he saw made him scream. Jerked awake by the sound, Kelmi rushed to the
    ?fresher and was soon by her padawan side. She looked at him and quickly saw the reason for his
    scream. Etched in his chest, with what looked like a vibro-blade, was one word in large letters.

SHAME

?Master?? Bruck questioned.

?It means that you will not play along and you will act befitting a Jedi.?

?Is that all you have to say about this Master?? Bruck questioned stunned.

?Why no Padawan.? Kelmi leaned in close to get a good look at the word.

?Nice penmanship.?

I would like to thank everyone of reading and bearing with me when I hadn't posted in awhile. I started to work on another story, but I'm going to keep it a secret for a little while. hehe Ain't I a stinker! I will let you know that it involves Rela. I'm going to try to post more on CCA and whatever else Jemmiah may have up her sleeves.

On another note, if you ever get a change to see the movie The Birdcage, watch it! Let's just say that I "borrowed" a few jokes from it, and it may help clear up a few things. :D

14. Jemmiah

Mar 5, 2000
    Nice penmanship indeed, Mouse!

Poor Obi! Rela calls him Scrub brush, Jemmy calls him Tufty...it was nice to see him get his revenge on Bruck.

Glad to have you on CCA and ANTAR! And more Rela in the future! What could be better?

15. Calamity Jinn

Calamity Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2000

OH, I'm REALLY going to miss this story! I've loved reading every moment of it Mouse. Thank you for entertaining me so well.

And thank you for giving us Rela. I'm glad she's still around in ANTAR and CCA. She's as much a part of our world of Star Wars as Jemmiah, An-Paj and all the original characters.

16. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Outstanding epilogue Sis, I too am sad to see this story end, but I'm also REALLY looking forward to the new ones.

*giggles* I'm REALLY looking forward to them.

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Aw, Gryph! I hate it that you have inside info!!!

Mouse, loved the epilogue!!! Bruck was lucky it was his chest and not his forehead they used.

We'll wait patiently for the next one.

18. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    Really nice story. Was there a deeper meaning behind Qui-Gon being called "Dad" by Rela though?

:)

19. juwannajedi

juwannajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Ya know. That was my guess too. ;)

20. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Woops! Ignore this. I was going to say what happened to my reply I sent yesterday. THEN I FOUND IT! Shame you can't delete things now.

Okay, I'll just fill the space by saying "WE LOVE RELA!". You too Mouse!

21. Deborah

Deborah Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2000
    Bravo! Terrific story!

22. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    *blushes*

Thank you all so much. Already started my next story, but it's moving kinda slow. Hopefully it will pick up and I'll have something for you soon.

Yes, like I said before, it does involve Rela.;)

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    I happened to come across this on page 13 and felt such a pang of nostalgia I just have to up it.

Boy, I miss this story.

24. Calamity Jinn

May 23, 2000

Me too Healer Leona. I'm bravely going through the withdrawl symtoms, but if Rela didn't appear in CCA and ANTAR I'd be in a poor state!

25. Jedi Gryph Grin

Sep 25, 1999
    Thank you so much Calam for making the 500th post on this story, Mouse has been angsting sooooo much about hitting the 500 mark even though the story is...well it's not finished, errrr, this one is but...errrr...Ummm, This story is finished, but Rela's is not.

As always, I think Rela (my darling Sister Mouse) may have some surprises in store for all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.