main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Promo Material for OT DVD?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthLarry, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLarry

DarthLarry Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 2001
    to anyone who works in retail, or has access to marketing promotional material: when is the promo material for the OT DVDs being sent out? have you received anything yet? i work at Borders in NC and haven't received anything. i remember last year, for Indiana Jones, we were sent material about 1 month in advance.

if you have anything--what sort of things are they? buttons? shelf talkers? posters? standees?

just curious
    thanks
    brian

2. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    It usually comes out a few weeks before the date. I have a lot of Episode One and AOTC DVD promo stuff, including all the buttons, etc.

I'd check Ebay out.

3. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Probably around the end of the month.

4. Dirty-Darth

Dirty-Darth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 30, 2004
    The Media Play in my area has a little set up with posters and promo stuff. Most of their Star Wars stuff was set out I guess to attract more attention.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I've seen a few promo ads at my local malls.

6. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    I've seen promos at FYE, Wal*Mart, and Best Buy. They were all posters and all said the same thing, except for FYE's. They're offering it for $35 after you put like $5 for preorder.

7. VanGohan

VanGohan Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2004
    i was just going to post this too..

IN THE OFFICIAL THREAD...

oh well

8. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    The Best Buy near my house has a large banner hanging from the celling with the Darth Vader DVD artwork on it.

[image=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00003CXCT.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg]

EDIT: Curse you JediMasterChiefYoda, you beat me to it!

9. VanGohan

VanGohan Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 15, 2004
    but yeah theres no commercials..on tv..those are the ones that count..

10. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    Here's the slogan for the DVDs:

"This will be your last change to get the Star Wars Classic Trilogy before Lucas changes it again."

Or at least it should be.

11. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    I wish it was a last chance to own to own the original Star Wars Trilogy... in the best format.

But nooo...

Anyway, I'd expect to see a few TV ads but not many, after September 8th.
    Probably similar to how much publicity Indiana Jones got.

12. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    When Indy DVD came out Wal Mart was giving away free posters. I was able to glab the last one. I hope they do the same thing with SW.

-Seldon

13. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001
    hey everyone. just an update...

we got our merchandise updates for septemeber at borders and we are getting a display. i'm assuming its the Darth one i've seen pictures of on the web, but i don't think we're going to get until the DVDs arrive, since it seems to be have display shelfs for the DVDs.

an interesting thing though: we're going to be selling lightsabers, a mace windu model and luke's. what's bizarre is that they're supposedly made by masters replicas! the great thing is that the price is only $9.99! we're thinking that it might be that price *with* the purchase of the DVD set, but it does list the MRP as 9.99. pretty cool.

more later
    darth larry

14. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    an interesting thing though: we're going to be selling lightsabers, a mace windu model and luke's. what's bizarre is that they're supposedly made by masters replicas! the great thing is that the price is only $9.99! we're thinking that it might be that price *with* the purchase of the DVD set, but it does list the MRP as 9.99. pretty cool.

I think you're mistaken. Luke and Mace lightsabers is the latest wave of Force FX lightsabers, which sell for $99.99

Did you forget a 9 somewhere?

15. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001
    i didn't, but they may have. although it seems a little high end for borders. but heck, we sell dean and deluca products.

it clearly says on the manifest 9.99. of course, what it doesn't say is high big they are...

16. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, if they start selling them for $9.99, pick me up a few of each will ya ;)

17. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001
    for 9.99 and with my discount? no problem! ;)

18. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I don't know if this is relevent, but here in the UK, there have been some commercials for a suppliment in one of tomorrow's national newspapers with a DVD guide to the OT in the Sunday Times. This is being run in conjunction with the OT getting released here in the next couple of weeks.

I saw it today when I was in the local mall, looking at Plasma Screen TV's...So if that's what it looks like on a Plasma Screen TV, I can't wait for the OT to come out on DVD! :)

19. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    When are the TV ads going to appear? I mean the SW trilogy DVD comes out in two weeks. They better hurry.

20. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I expect a world-wide bombardment of commercials sometime this week, or next week at the very latest.

21. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    My Wal-Mart had a display of pictures and toys in the front of the store near the entrance the other day. I don't buy the toys, but I looked at the display pictures of the DVD covers from each CT episode.
    It looked good.

-Seldon

22. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    the slogan should be:

This will be the last time the originals will be released before we do a special edition on 1997.

whoops, hang on. They actually said this to stop all the bitching. never mind. :)

23. darthnick11

darthnick11 Guest

the OT DVD is all over my blockbuster- buy star wars trilogy and get SEVEN free movie rentals!

24. Lucius

Lucius Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2004
    I remember when I always wanted those lightsabers for my birthday...it makes me feel sad when I think that my parents spent like a hundred bucks on them and then I threw them in the corner. And then I don't care.

25. DarthLarry

Oct 24, 2001
    ok, the mystery is finally solved.

yep, they left a 9 off the manifest. its the master replicas fx Mace and Luke sabers for 99.95 buckaroos.

there's a huge display of them and we got to open one (Mace's) for a "try me!" feature. i carried it all around the store with me as i was working! man they are so cool.

if only i can hold on until the next employee appreciation weekend to get a bigger discount...

so, there you have it. sorry if i caused a ruckus, but they did leave off a 9 as suspected.

enjoy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.