main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Promotion: Clone Wars Era: Ventress, Dooku, Jedi.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Vialco, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Promotion

Jedi Fortune Cookie: The cost of power is losing one?s soul

This fic is written in a Clone Wars Cartoon style, and takes place after Cloak of Darkness, but before Nightsisters.

I do not own Star Wars, all of this universe belongs to George Lucas.

Chapter One

Serenno was a beautiful world.

A planet of golden fields and blue skies, it was the home of the Counts of Serenno.

The Counts were some of the wealthiest beings in the galaxy, their personal fortunes in the uncounted trillions. They were famous throughout the galaxy, both for their great philanthropy and their exorbitant expenditures, but there was one Count whose fame exceeded all others.

Count Dooku of Serenno had rallied thousands of systems to the Separatist cause and had waged a war against the Republic that threatened its very existence. It was because of him that Serenno?s space, once peaceful and tranquil, was now host to an armada of Separatist warships. These vessels stood guard over Serenno, as the Jedi Order and the Galactic Senate now wanted the Count for treason.

A ship lanced out of hyperspace and shot for the planet with remarkable speed. Orange in colour, the vessel was squid-shaped with a half-dozen tentacles protruding from its main body. Seemingly ignored by the mighty warships, it shot past the conning tower of a Providence destroyer and descended swiftly to the planet.

Soaring over the beautiful natural beaches and great mountains, the ship neared a great white mansion that sat on a hill, overlooking the sea. The vessel settled to the ground outside the mansion doors, and a shaved-head assassin dressed in a formfitting combat suit dropped out of the main hatch.

She strode through the great doorway, ignoring the human servants who stopped to gawk at her. There was only one man in this place that was worthy of her notice, for she was Asajj Ventress, Dark Acolyte of Count Dooku and the most feared Jedi killer in the galaxy.

Ventress moved quickly and arrived at the entrance to a large office. Using the Force to push the stone doors open, she marched in, and knelt before the man at the great desk.

?Master, I have succeeded,? her voice took on an proud tone, ?Nute Gunray has been freed.?

Her Master, Count Dooku of Serenno, known by few as Darth Tyranus, gazed at her with an indecipherable look, ?I received your report, child.? He rose from his chair, and then smiled at her, ?Well done, Asajj. You may rise.?

Ventress stood, and Dooku gestured for her to follow him to a balcony, overlooking the town at the bottom of the hill. She stood there for a moment, letting the cool ocean breeze wash over her face, then turned to Dooku. ?Master, I have done as you asked,? her voice took on an expectant tone, ?Am I now worthy to be your apprentice??

Dooku studied her for a moment, but said nothing.

Ventress grew impatient, ?I have killed seven Jedi, including Jedi Master Taut. I was able to defeat Luminara Unduli and Skywalker?s little pet, I have earned this.?

Dooku remained silent, but his brow wrinkled slightly, as if contemplating a very perilous decision. Finally, he spoke, ?Yes.?

Ventress?s eyes lit up delight and Dooku smiled slightly, ?You have proven your worth, Asajj Ventress. Kneel before me.?

Ventress obeyed, and Dooku resumed speaking, ?Is it your will to join yourself to the Order of the Sith Lords.?

?It is,? she replied.

?Then rise, Ventress,? he intoned, ?You are now my Sith apprentice.?

Ventress rose, and Dooku began to walk away, ?Come, my apprentice, I have many new things to show you.? Ventress rose and followed him back into the mansion her sharp features alight with triumph.

?Faster,? shouted Dooku, ?You are too slow.?

Ventress hissed and spun, her twin lightsabers flashing as she duelled four IG-100 Magnaguards at once. One of the droid?s electrostaff?s made it past her blades and struck her shoulder, sending a near-fatal charge through her body. Her teeth clacked with the charge, but she managed to leap away.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Chapter 2

Mygeeto was a steel grey orb amongst the stars, nothing like the blue-gold sphere of beauty that was Serenno. Mygeeto had it?s own guardians, but these were not the lumpy and curved vessels of the Separatists, but the sharp and angular Star Destroyers of the Republic.

A holographic representation of the world shimmered to life in the General?s Quarters, atop the spire of the Separatist Dreadnaught Lucid Voice.

?Our attack will be executed flawlessly,? said the Neimoidian captain in a nasal tone, ?I have studied Admiral Killian?s tactics very closely, and I know how he will react.?

Ventress watched as the captain detailed his battle plan to the two tactical droids and the Gossam general in the room. The plan was relatively simple; the fleet would attack the Republic blockade and destroy it. They would then send down landing craft to attack the clone troopers on the ground. Ventress would go down with them and kill the two Jedi Dooku had said were with the occupation force.

It was very simple, yet the captain insisted on going over the space battle point by point, reiterating how his brilliance would annihilate the Republic. He had a bit of skill, but he was starting to annoy Ventress, he reminded her too much of the haggling merchants on Rattatak.

?I think that we all grasp the basics of the plan, Captain Take.?

The Neimoidian frowned sourly, ?Tuuk,? he said crossly, ?My name is Mar Tuuk.?

Ventress simply arched an eyebrow, and when the captain did not back down, she casually stretched out her hand and began to squeeze the Neimoidian?s windpipe with the Force.

The captain coughed and tried to speak, only to emit a faint gurgling sound. The Gossam?s brow rose, and the Captain began to strain for breath, his green skin beginning to shine with reptilian sweat.

Ventress gave the alien a smile, ?I would suggest you watch your tone, Captain, or you will find yourself out of breath permanently,? and with that she released him.

Mar Tuuk fell to his knees, drawing breath in with greedy gasps, and she grinned in satisfaction.
    ?Inform me when we are prepared to land,? she commanded, and strode out of the briefing room.