main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PROOF: Palpatine IS NOT Sidious. (lengthy proof)

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Jedi-Wanna-be, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLO_KOON_DUDE

PLO_KOON_DUDE Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2002
    Give em a hand...o wait..im gone

Da Koon Dude out

2. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    *Tags onto Plo's "do's"* ... Get the women in your life to have frequent mammograms. Sorry to sound like a poster woman for it but it couldn't hurt to be redundant about such an important topic.

I agree with Tae, unfortunately. It doesn't seem likely they are different at this point. : /

3. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Luke,

Ah but it is inherited.

4. PLO_KOON_DUDE

Jun 5, 2002
    Haha...i know im suppossed to be gone..but my comp takes forever to log off..and what lukeduff is saying is what i have been trying to say the whole time.......lol ok this time

Da Koon Dude is out for good (well atleast fortonite or most of it anyway) and for those of u who care my msnim is ffm_dudeman_100@hotmail.com...PEACE

5. Master_Infamous

Master_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2002
    Yoda can't see threw Palpatine is because Darth Sidious has clouded the Jedi's vision!
    Even Lord Tyranus told this to Obi Wan about Sidious clouding the vision of the Jedi.

Not trying to make enemy'z but this is my opinion. Palpatine is Darth Sidious!
    Count Dooku is Darth Tyranus
    To me I wouldn't think GL would make these two Bad @ss Siths clones.

6. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Master Infamous,

Obviously. There wouldn't be any other answer to the discrepancy otherwise. : /

7. LukeDuff

LukeDuff Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    IMO, the AOTC stuff about clouded vision just means the the Jedi ability to see the future is clouded. That can be supported by a number of lines in AOTC.

Yoda doesn't have any problems sensing the dark side in Dooku, despite the "clouding".

8. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Luke again,

That was answered several pages ago by pointing out that there were two jedi down for the count [no pun intended] when Yoda arrived and accused Dooku of using the dark side. It was sorta obvious, in other words.

9. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    What we need is to have this thread frozen and start a new one where all the points, both pro and con are listed so people don't come here, read one page and think they have the answer to it all, when these topics have been covered to the point of absurdity already

10. Master_Infamous

Jun 6, 2002
    Of course Yoda knew Dooku s useing the dark side. He was in black with a red lightsaber.
    remember if yoda was so powerful then why does he go into hideing? Probley got wooped by Darth Sidious.

11. Count_Draku

Count_Draku Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2002
    Why hasn't this thread been locked yet?!

PALP = SIDIOUS!!!! GO HOME!!!

Just kidding.

P.S. proper regular breast self exams and testicular exams are important. If you find something, don't be too afraid to talk to your physician. It would be preferable to detect lumps before you can even feel them, but if you CAN feel them, get them checked out.

12. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Yoda said, "The Dark Side I SENSE in you."

It was before Dooku ignited his saber wasn't it?

By the Way, Paply and Sidious are one in the same. If you don't think so, please tell me how in the ESB and ROTJ, there is only one Master Sith......

And don't tel me Sidious disposed of Palpatine, because the official site cleary states that Senator Palp becomes Emperor Palp who is Vader's master. Go read the bio at starwars.com

13. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Wow. I leave for a little while and most everyone is pro-clone.

Geesh.

I'm starting to get a kick out of this. Palpatine has all of you fooled too. No wonder he came to power. We all have hind sight (the rewind button) and many STILL don't think he's the sith master.

Odius, you're a trouble maker. :)

14. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Why don't we all flood the "ask the jedi council" section over at the official site and see if we get a response to this wacky identity question?

Just a thought.

We'll probably get an answer like "isn't it obvious". :)

15. Jedi-Joey

Jedi-Joey Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2002
    Ok its simple Palpatine IS Sidious. He was setting up the two armies, the Republic and the Separatists, the two strongest armies around, had them fight and ended up with the strongest army in the galaxy. Its that easy.

16. PLO_KOON_DUDE

Jun 5, 2002
    Ok so im a bit Pro - Clone........but I admitt its very very unlikley that GL would add this twist..but we have 3 years (prob less cause of spoilers) to find out and ill just keep looking for things against and fro..i have just found moew for now...but i like the flodding idead....

17. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    *considers force choking Jedi Joey for not reading the umpteen pages of this thread before commenting* :D)

18. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Jedi/Sith can be cloned. During the tour, Obi-wan was told that they wanted to clone one, but "Sifo-Dyas" said no. Thus the Jedi and Sith can have clones and that they use the Force.

And where is the proof that they are seperate? I've seen more saying that they are the same.

Why would Sidious have an office, when he would have a lair like we see in AOTC?

Why can't the Emperor feel Luke, but Vader could?

Why couldn't Qui-gon feel Maul approach at Tatooine. Or in the hangar at Naboo? Or Obi-wan couldn't feel the dark side in Dooku when they met? Or even that the Sith were out there?

"Hard to see the dark side is."

19. PLO_KOON_DUDE

Jun 5, 2002
    It says that Jedi/Sith can be cloned, but not that the force can be replicad. And there are so many underground levels of corucent that its not suprising that siious can get his own lair....adn screw im Sidious=Palpatine...this debate is kinda fun

20. Master_Infamous

Jun 6, 2002
    Ep 1 Master Darth Sidious
    Apprentice Darth Maul
    Ep2 Master Darth Sidious
    Apprentice Darth Tyranus
    Ep3 Emperor Palpatine
    EP4 Apprentice Darth Vader
    Ep5 "
    Ep6 "

Since Palpatine gets the emergency powers of the Republic he no longer needs to hide under The Dark cloak and he pro claims him self Emperor! No clones or twin bros or droids please!!! *remember this is my opinion so don't hate on a fellow Star Wars fan!*

21. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It'd be pointless to clone a Jedi/Sith if the Force couldn't be used. We know that the clones would have Midichlorians as life cannot exist without them.

22. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999
    This was posted before but someone who clearly did not read the previous pages brought up the idea that Sidious has yellow eyes under the hood and is therefore not Palpatine...

[image=http://http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/darthsidious/index_eu.html/image.gif]

...nope.

23. Darth_Odious

Darth_Odious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Sorry, but press stills are not proof. As the actor has not appeared in the movies without the cloak masking his eyes, does it make any sense making him wear colored contacts that aren't necessary?

i.e. if that was still was taken during thew shooting of AOTC or TPM, the contacts would not be part of the costume, as you don't see his eyes in the movie.

Not saying your wrong, just pointing out that a press still is not proof of anything in this case.

And yes, I am a trouble maker.

Und,
    For anti-cloner, you do a good job pointing out to people when they bring up points that have already been countered on both sides. Give in to your anger, only by using the clone side can you hope to destroy us. :D

24. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    Taes,
    You, too, must cross over.[using mind control]This is not the senator you are looking for! :eek:

25. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    All right, so now, for the anti-clone argument, the following appears to be the remaining linchpins that we on the clone side must destroy in order to bring order to the thousand pages of this thread:

1) The similarities between Sidious' office and Palpatines.

-This one's not necessarily hard, as they could be the same office, and palpy is just that forward at times.

2) The voice over in the making of portion of the DVD, which apparently refers to either sidious' office as Palpy's, or is referring to the set as being the same.

-We need a quote of this one. I don't have the DVD, because I'm a loser, but if someone who has it could get the quote, that would be great. Again, this doesn't destroy the clone theory per se, but it does lead us into point 3.

3) Sidious sure seems awfully brazen for someone fearing detection.

-Especially if he's showing up at palpy's office. The clone theorists then have to determine if its being in the same room with the jedi that the sith are avoiding, or the same general area.

Clone Lords, destroy this anti clone heresy!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.