main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PROOF: Palpatine IS NOT Sidious. (lengthy proof)

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Jedi-Wanna-be, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Hey,

I just watced ESB last night and the Emperor looked like a woman. What do you have to say about that? Huh, Huh. Hey, maybe they are triplets and one of them is female. Weird. No wait, that WOULD BE STUPID.

Palps=Sid

2. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    You know...the Emperor was played by a woman in "ESB". Voiced by Clive Revill.

3. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Odious,

LOL! I think everyone's getting a lil punchy, or I am, one. It's just that once you spend some time on this thread (And have read the entire thing to begin with), you get a wee bit silly after seeing someone new come on and post the same thing for the hundredth time, as if it were some amazing bit of logical revelation we all needed to hear because obviously we weren't paying attention or this thread would not be necessary in the first place. Sometimes it's exasperating, at other times, I just laugh. I think my suggestion is a valid one. Have a moderator lock this thread, then write a new introduction that states both the pros and cons we have already discussed on the subject. Think of all the baseless, repetitive arguments this would avoid. :D

4. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    My favorite has got to be "Palpatine=Sidious. End of argument."
    lol

5. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Ah and let's not forget, "I can't believe this thread is still going on! Sid=Palps. Get over it." :D

6. Darth_Odious

Darth_Odious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    Don't forget its inbred cousin, "A clone of sidious would break the rule of two. Palp=sid, end of story."

That's my favorite. Oh, yeah, then there's my other favorite:

"People, can you not read? In the OT, the Emporer's name was palpatine. Palpy=Sidious, end of story"

or

"Here's a quote from the gaffer from the Phantom Menace. He says that palpy = sidious" Then the actual quote is posted, and its actually the key grip, and SHE says "I ran into him as he was changing from the robes of sidious into the palpatine costume, and he was a nice guy.""

:D

7. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    LOL!!! This has got to be a prime example for some wild social commentary in psyche class at your local university. You are absolutely right! Hmm, I'm sure we could come up with a few more while we're at it. Perhaps we could run a tally and see which is the most often repeated newbie comment.

8. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Here's another, "I'm not going to read all the pages of this thread but here's my two cents worth: It says Palpatine IS Sidious on the back of the box."

HAMMER TIME! *Envision mighty cartoon sledge hammer falling*

No one said they weren't! :D READ the thread, that's why you have eyeballs and a brain. hehhehehe

Okay, I feel somewhat better.

9. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    "Okay, I read the first few posts, and its clear that you guys are being stupid when you say that palpatine isn't sidious. Its obvious. I'm going back to looking for potatoes in the asteroid scene of ESB, you guys are wasting my time."

:D

10. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    LOL!!!!!! *Deep breath* hehehe You know at first I thought, well it's because most of them haven't familarized themselves with the thread so far, but after they've been here awhile this will correct itself. Not-a-chance. This is a great example of why it is so necessary to have a set of stringent rules for juries in jury trials, else the first half way reasonable argument would be echoed by the rest to avoid them having to expend any more energy than necessary learning the particulars of the case.

11. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the "jury by internet forum" concept might have a few flaws.

I could see the interview process.

Attorney: Mr "Monkeypants_2, do you believe in the death penalty?

Monkeypants_2: dooky

Attorney: Your honor, I'd like to exclude Mr. Monkeypants_2 from the jury. He is clearly a troll.

Monkeypants_2: You stupid, wyh r u call me a troll?

Attorney: Spell checker, please!

12. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    ROFL!!!!

13. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Perhaps we can convince Jedi_wannabe to restate the thread and have the moderators close this one. Then begin his case by listing ALL the views, both pro and con, that have been stated to date in this thread. Then when someone reads his opening arguments, the new poster will have a real firm grasp on what we already are aware of. That'll relegate the silly posts to variations on "You are guys are silly. Palp=Sidious." :D

14. Disco_Dooku

Disco_Dooku Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    Actually the best one is:

"They are played by the same actor, so they MUST be the same!"

Although many actors have played two different people in a movie many times.

So in the new Chris Rock movie where he plays two parts in the movie, one as a FBI agent and one as a street crook, the two characters are really the same person? Well, the same actor plays both roles, so it must be.

15. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    Oh gosh. lol IT's seemingly endless, thus my insistance that a new thread with all the pros and cons listed in the opening statement, would be a viable alternative. We might actually make some headway instead of spending an hour for every new poster, explaining what has already been covered that pokes whole in their "new" theory. The new arrival reads the first argument and sees what topics have already been hashed over and the arguments both pro and con. Saves time and frustration and redundancy!

16. Disco_Dooku

May 1, 2002
    obhavekenobi78- "And don't tel me Sidious disposed of Palpatine, because the official site cleary states that Senator Palp becomes Emperor Palp who is Vader's master. Go read the bio at starwars.com"

Now I understand why people are having a hard time with the clone theory. They don't understand it. They cannot open their minds to the possiblilty. They cannot accept that a person can assume Chancellor Palpatine's identity thus making them Chancellor Palpatine to everyone. I guess that that if something is written in black and white on TOS, no one can read it with a creative mind. Or read between the lines.

obhavekenobi78, if TOS says that they are the same, WHY DO THEY LIST THEM SEPARATELY? Answer that since the quote from TOS is all that you use.

And why to they list them with different heights?

And besides......SENATOR Palpatine NEVER becomes Emperor....CHANCELLOR Palpatine does!!! So just how right is that quote from TOS???

17. Mr Bungle

Mr Bungle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    MANDALORIAN :

Where did you get those quotes?

Undomiel and Disco_Dooku, you are both right on with your quotes, but you're forgetting all the poor grammar that accompanies them.

"Your all crazy. Palpatine=Sidous. What arent you all getting her?"

18. Disco_Dooku

May 1, 2002
    I think I figured out why the no-clone people don't like the clone idea. They are racists, just like GL!! :) LOL

They are ok with the idea that clones be mindless automotons doing the will of their masters, but put them in a position of power and "Oh no, we can't have that, that cannot be true!"

And that, as they say, is the rest of the story.......good day!

19. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    So, Und, you're calling for an official thread?

hehehe.

That is part of our plan. Use the conflict created in this thread to gain an official thread. From there, we can start a widespread panic over the issue, and convince the moderators that its own forum would be more productive.

We have studied palpatine well.

So, who would collect all the major points from this thread? How do you start an official thread on this forum?

It should be a pro cloner. Someone with strong logic and a good sense of humor, who isn't afraid to write at length on the topic, and keep the pointless arguments out of it.

Lets ask the gungan delegate his opinion.

[smiles eerily]

20. Disco_Dooku

May 1, 2002
    Dellow Felagates, Chancellor Palpatine, who is a clone of the evil Sith Lord Drth Sidious......Meesa suprots the Dath_Odious paln.....meesa wholeheartedly agrees ......I propos dat wes givin emergancy powas to Dath_Odiuos to creat dis grand thread of discussin!

21. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    [CUE EMPIRE THEME]

22. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    LOL!!!!!!!!! (add indeterminate amount of exclamation points). Thunder storm here, so I may mysteriously vanish from this thread but fear not! for I am with you, always. :D Yes, Mr. Odious, that idea sounds very logical. But we shall put it to a vote *has jar jar gagged and bound*. He won't cause us any trouble. :D

23. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    I reluctantly accept the gungan delegates nomination, and promise to put down the emergency powers as soon as the forum is restored to a state of order. As you know, I come from humble beginnings, and this power will not change me, even when I crush your pathetic rebellion with my fully armed and operational battle station.

so, how do we make an official thread?

24. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    LOL!!!!!!!!!(Better determined number of exclamation points) Just saw your edit, Disco. Nice job.

25. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    You must seek out a moderator. Go to the main board and find a moderator, the same moderator that made another official thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.