main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PROOF: Palpatine IS NOT Sidious. (lengthy proof)

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Jedi-Wanna-be, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    I wonder why there's a seperate post for sidious then? hmmmmm

Kinda like how there are separate entries for Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker?

2. netslave

netslave Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    well fox, you have a point. but the sidious post says nothing about him being palpatine. anyway, as of now. if someone were to come into the saga free of ever seeing the OT, they wouldn't know that anakin is going to be darth vader. it hasn't been proven in the films thus far. we assume we'll see the transformation in the next film. and if in fact sid=palpy, then I'll agree. 'once they show physical proof in the movie'

BTW, I am not a clone theorist. and I do believe palpatine will become the emporer. ;) again, I have no proof of any of it.

3. Darth_Odious

Darth_Odious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2002
    OS is not canon, unfortunately. Only movies.

BTW, it makes it very hard to write the posts for the official thread while the original debate is still going. I thought I made it through everything, and then I looked, and there were two new pages. :D

4. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    if someone were to come into the saga free of ever seeing the OT, they wouldn't know that anakin is going to be darth vader. it hasn't been proven in the films thus far. we assume we'll see the transformation in the next film.

And that is precisely my point of why Palp=Sidious but they haven't been revealed to be the same person yet. Someone who hasn't seen the OT will be incredibly surprised to find out that Palpatine is actually a Sith Lord and becomes Emperor. That is why it has not been revealed and that is why it's also not been revealed yet that Anakin becomes Darth Vader.

5. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    My only wish is that Palpatine doesn't end up saying he's Anakin's father. That would be just too disfunctional. Think of the ramifications -- Luke's own grandfather, in his attempt to kill Luke, ends up killing his own son. BLAH. Please everyone pray now that Palpy is just some dipshiet from Naboo. lol

6. netslave

May 30, 2002
    fox, the difference is that we don't have a connection either in the OT or the PT either. just because sidious wears a black cloak doesn't mean that is IS the future emporer. now if vader called the emporer 'sidious', I'd be on your side. and we'd have no debate.

7. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    The official thread is about to launch.

8. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    now if vader called the emporer 'sidious', I'd be on your side. and we'd have no debate

When does Palpatine call Vader by the name of Anakin?

9. obhavekenobi78

obhavekenobi78 Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Palpatine is the love child of the Monkey Woman from ESB and Sidious. Isn't that obvious?

10. netslave

May 30, 2002
    fox, we are told by obi-wan in ROTJ that anakin BECOMES vader. has anyone said that sidious BECOMES the emporer?

11. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    Theoretically, this thread will be locked soon, and the official thread will take over.

We'll see. I contacted the moderator and put up the official one.

12. netslave

May 30, 2002
    I hope they don't close it, because I personally don't think they are clones, but I do think they are different. oh well. it doesn't matter. like I sed before. it's a useless debate.

13. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There is overwhelming proof that they are one and the same.

One of the cheif ones is that the Emperor said that he couldn't feel Luke comming to Endor. Why couldn't he feel him, but Vader could? Why couldn't Qui-gon and Obi-wan feel Maul comming to the hangar in Theed Palace? Or Qui-gon feel Maul on Tatooine? Or Obi-wan feel the dark side in Dooku?

Because the Sith have learned to mask their presence in all but one of these instances. And the Jedi and Sith have gotten overconfident. Yoda tells Obi-wan that there is arrogance in the Order. Then Luke tells the Emperor that his overconfidence is his weakness. Control over their emotions and careful useage of the Force, not to mention the imbalance in the Force has protected both sides.

The other evidence is that Sidious met with Tyranus at dawn, while Palpatine saw the Clonetroopers at dusk.

14. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    Netslave,
    You could have said that BEFORE I wrote all that stuff.

You can come on the other thread and discuss them being different people. I guess I should have titled it differently.

15. netslave

May 30, 2002
    darth sinister. that is not PROOF that they are the same. just PROOF that they mask there presence.

darth_odiuos. it's kewl. ;)

16. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    Net,
    I changed the title so that it has nothing to do with clones so much as if they are the same person.

PC enough for ya? :D

17. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    fox, we are told by obi-wan in ROTJ that anakin BECOMES vader. has anyone said that sidious BECOMES the emporer?

1. As far as the debate regarding Anakin and Vader, ROTJ can't be used just like evidence from Episode 3 can't be used for the Palps/Sidious debate.

2. Is this the same Obi-Wan that told Luke that Vader killed Anakin?

18. tnt

tnt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    >>One of the chief ones is that the Emperor said that he couldn't feel Luke comming to Endor. Why couldn't he feel him, but Vader could? Why couldn't Qui-gon and Obi-wan feel Maul comming to the hangar in Theed Palace? Or Qui-gon feel Maul on Tatooine? Or Obi-wan feel the dark side in Dooku?<<

Can a pro-cloner please address this fundamental question?

19. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    tnt,

seek out the new "Official" thread entitled "Official: Is Palpatine Sidious Debate?"

20. jedi4500

jedi4500 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    i am in the middle with the sidious/palpatine issue...i think they are the same, but why wouldnt GL just make it known to us in either TPM or AOTC? He makes it so obvious that they are the same person, that i feel they are really not...

21. netslave

May 30, 2002
    fox, why can't the other films be used as evidence?? hell, if that's the case, you can't use darth vader at all in your logic.

taking the discussion here

official is palpatine sidious

22. Undomiel

May 17, 2002
    jedi4500,

seek out the new "Official" thread entitled "Official: Is Palpatine Sidious Debate?"

23. Darth_Odious

May 30, 2002
    This threads getting locked. Go to the official one stated above to continue the debate, and this thread will remain as research material.

BTW, tnt, before you post on the official thread, make sure you read the first two posts there. The second one should give you at least a partial answer to your question.

24. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I think they are clones.....{posted reasons why 20 odd pages back}

Would'nt give the name " Attack of the clones " whole new meaning

25. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    I love the fact that this debate is still going

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.