main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PROOF: Palpatine IS NOT Sidious. (lengthy proof)

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Jedi-Wanna-be, May 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    No, in the TPM novel it doesn't say that Palpatine is attending the funeral at the same time Sidious is on Coruscant. Those 2 parts are just close together.

Undomiel, you mentioned a few pages back that Yoda should be able to detect a Sith within the same room.

Well... Yoda has never encountered a Sith since they seemingly died out 1000 yrs. before the events of TPM. That's 100 odd yrs. before Yoda was born.

This fact, coupled with the Sith devising a plan for 1000 yrs. to conquer the galaxy, makes me think these dark jedi most likely have learned new ways to manipulate the dark side of the force.

I don't want to get into force detection here but I believe Palpatine is MUCH more adept at using the dark side than Yoda is with the light side. The dark side is quicker, easier and more seductive. The jedi weren't as quick and paid the price.

Obi Wan and Qui Gon felt uneasy throughout most of TPM. EVEN when Maul was waiting for them on the other side of the Naboo hangar bay door. They were going to march right through the door until it opened and they saw him with their own eyes. The sith apprentice Maul hid from a Jedi Master. I think a Sith Master can do it too and is MUCH better at it.

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi" partially tells me that it's up to the Sith when they're to be seen.

2. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    RT,

Yes, I'm aware of that. I had actually said something similar myself and I quote:

"That's another thing that doesn't make sense. If the Sith had been silent for the previous 1000 years, then how would anyone there (even Yoda's not that old) have any idea if they could or couldn't sense a Sith lord? How does one locate what one has never seen or felt before? I remember Obi's words in TPM: "What was it?" (Speaking of Maul.) lol And Qui-Gon's reaction, "I'm not sure, but whatever it was, it was well-trained in the jedi arts."

It still bugs me that this is going to be so one-sided. OK, smart planning, good strategy, and some amazingly freakish luck, I can see. But smart planning, good strategy and a bunch of blind jedi, sitting around like ducks in a shooting gallery, that bugs me.

[Edit: It also bothers me that the jedi are presented as supposedly weakened by their own arrogance and therefore can't sense the Sith when the Sith infiltrate them, when it's obvious that none of them have ever met a Sith until Maul. How're they supposed to recognize one? This is obvious by Obi and Qui-Gon's discussion regarding Maul after they meet him on Tatooine. "What was IT?" lol That still makes me laugh every time. IT? They didn't know what hit 'em!

3. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    >>>They didn't know what hit 'em!<<<

That's EXACTLY why I don't think the jedi are "blind".

If your enemies have 1000 yrs worth of analyizing your every strength and weakness, they will come up with a plan to destroy you. And that plan will work very effectively.

I see the jedi as being very strong but simply not ready for what Sidious unleashed upon them. They had no reason to be prepared for the culmination of the Sith's ultimate plan for galaxy-wide conquest.

4. PLO_KOON_DUDE

PLO_KOON_DUDE Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2002
    Woa this thread back up? wow... Hey undomiel long time no see!

5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Yoda: "Blind we have become..."

I'd say they're blind alright. The line between good and evil has become blurred and balance to the Force is what determines it. That's why Anakin was born. He had to take out Sidious in order for the Jedi to regain their power.

6. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Concerning Palpatine's guards:

When I mentioned that Palpy would be immediately put under heavy guard as the Chancellor with emergency powers, I didn't mean his 2 personal guards. I meant jedi. The jedi felt it was necessary to protect Padme when an assassination attempt was made on her life. It only stands to reason that they'd feel their particular brand of security was superior to guards. Ignoring Palpy's safety during a war would be like letting the President attend the UN with nothing more than a pair of secret service men during a war, and this following an assassination attempt on one of his cabinet members. As I said, it is only a fairy tale.

Regarding his available time:

If you think it's hard to believe that Palpy isn't Sidious, imagine how hard it would be for those who don't know Palpy is Sidious! They are shown Palpy on a balcony one second and the next second, Sidious doing something else, somewhere else in the galaxy. That's gotta be confusing for someone who doesn't know Palpy is Sidious. They'd be like -- wait a minute... Imagine having to explain to them how Palpy could be two places at once. The passage of time that occured between those two scenes, is only covered in the novel.

Fairy tale. :p I love it, though. Just has some odd twists and turns at this point, that don't make alot of sense.

7. poweranger

poweranger Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    ummm off topic, the novel claims that the prophecy predicts the rise of the dark side, which results in a need for a chosen one to restore balance. but at the same time no one knew what that balance would be.

so jedi not being able to sense a sith is not a result of the dark side being greater but rather the only way to fullfill the prophecy. the force felt it was necessary for the sith to grow stronger before balance was restored. maybe the force knew the republic would eventually need to be restructured.?? maybe the force knew that the jedi would would grow too arrogant as a whole??:)

my point is i dont think the dark side has an advantage over the good. i just think the sith are taking advantage of the current state of government. i also find it funny that everyone seems to forget that a certain apprentice sensed the sith from the very beginning when no one else did. he went on to be only one of two jedi who played a role in the original trilogy!

funnier still is that vader NEVER sensed leia thru the force even though he is the chosen one. there are no set guidelines for sensing someone thru the force...either you get told or you're left in the dark. it is a the decision of the force to tell or not to tell.

IMO

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, even if he wasn't there were no guards on him. The only target was Padme, not Palpatine. In all of his scenes, you never see Jedi contingent. We only see the Council members and a couple others.

Well, if people remembered there's examples of passages of time in the films. No way Luke was that well trained over 2 or 3 days. Or that the Falcon was able to get to Bespin, when Han says it's a long ways but that they can make it. And that Dooku got back to Courscant first, ahead of the Jedi. Meaning that there is time passage to when Obi-wan meets with Yoda and Mace.

9. Ree Yees

Ree Yees Jedi Youngling star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    George Lucas says a *lot* of things which turn out to be untrue. I don't think he was that serious about Palpatine doing a mindtrick, especially since the film in no way shows this. Perhaps he wants those of us who understand the true nature of the Force to keep quiet until "Ep3" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.