main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Prop Party - May 19 - Aurora

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    There is a prop party May 19th 2007

FYI

In case anyone is interesed in going
    http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=124264

Howard Johnson Aurora
    15520 Yonge Street
    Aurora, Ontario L4G 1P2
    Canada
    Phone Number: 905-727-1312

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

2. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    I didnâ??t realize that you had to be a member of the Replica Prop Forum to read the posts. Here is a quick summary.

What do prop parties entail? I've never been to such a thing.

Basically we find a location that can accommodate everyone who wants to bring down costumes or props to put on display. Much like a convention, but it's not...
    A lot of really talented artists get a chance to show their stuff in a more intimate way, meet the various members from the boards and basically talk shop...and geek out for a day or so.
    Between the Superhero crowds, Predator guys, Sci Fi fans...and Horror, these parties typically offer a lot of eye candy. I think I even saw a Lightsaber at one once....hahahahaha

It's not really about selling anything although some might I suppose but the idea is a bunch of us geeks get a chance to hang out 'in person' and share our works...maybe do some cool trades...Oh, and there has to be a dinner the night before kinda thing....

They really are a lot of fun. If you like conventions in general...prop parties tend to be more focussed on the kinds of things we as collectors like to see...plus they're just a lot of fun once we all get together....

Usually it's in a fair sized area...lots of desks to set up your stuff and so on.
    You dont have to bring anything...you can come and enjoy the displays and meet the folks there. I guess it's a way to live the message board in person for a little while.
    I've yet to attend a bad or boring prop party.
    ....so I dont want this to be the first....

Howard Johnson Aurora
    15520 Yonge Street
    Aurora, Ontario L4G 1P2
    Canada
    Phone Number: 905-727-1312

MAY 19th is the Prop Party Date. I've confirmed the room with the hotel.

I'm leaving the entire morning of the 19th for all those who want to set up and get their tables in order at that time. The Prop Party would officially start at 1:00PM. Of course, some will be setting up even later on in the day and that's totally fine too. Those who can do it earlier, no problem. Need to do it later....no problem either. I will be posting the hotel details for anyone needing a room in the next few days. When booking your rooms you'll have a password for the room discount too. More info to come, but the date is set!

I still dont know for sure how to price all this...I'll have to gamble on the amount of people actually attending. If I new for sure I'd just divide the cost by the number of people but..that's just not possible. I'm thinking along the lines of $5.00 to the attendee's and $15.00 for an exhibitor with no additional charge for extra tables. 1 or more, if you're showing work...I'm looking at about $15.00 per exhibitor. But...of course, if we get a ton of people in there and we realize the jist of it all early enough then we can drop that down to $10.00 instead. I just want to cover the cost of the room...and dont really mind if I have to pay out of pocket for some of it. I just dont want to get stuck with the whole amount.

For now I'd say $5.00 for attendee's...and $15.00 for the exhibitors...and I hope that doesnt sound unreasonable....

David

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
  4. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    Bummer. I'm working nights that weekend. Ah well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.