main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq Propgeek

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by StarLeia, Aug 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fett-BobaFett

Fett-BobaFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 2, 2004
    Many, many THANKS to Propgeek and to his wife for letting us monopolize his time. Mine and Téa's costumes are due in great part to Greg (and Jess, and Joseph) for helping create the pieces, and to all the others who help un/dress me for gigs and costume contests! THANK YOU!

And yes, I giggle at the Toyota commercials too. Ask me in person sometime about the customer from my student loan days.

2. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
  3. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    By the way....where is Greg?

4. DJ_Rebo

DJ_Rebo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2005
    Yeah. I was thinking the same thing.

5. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    I think greg, Matt, Joseph and Varza are all hanging out somewhere together!

6. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    maybe an early happy hour...ken, how have you been...i was thinking about your rooster the other day after the beaver thing got started...any plans to eat that badboy?

7. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Hey, Melkor, how are you? It warms my heart to know you were thinking about "Old Cocky", as i've lately been calling him.... I think I'll keep this one for a while, unless a giant beaver devours him or something. Hey, maybe I should start a new thread?

8. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    And this was such a great thread to begin with *sigh*

please keep it just a bit above the gutter...please? [face_batting]

9. obi_dave_kenobi

obi_dave_kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2004

Maybe they went to go get some kittens!
    [image=http://chasingthewind.net/Images/2005/1/uglycat2.jpg]

10. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    What a fantastic idea! =D=
    I'm a little late on this post, seeing as how he already started a new self titled thread......

11. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
    Dude, that pic is creepy

12. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    THat cat is frightning. Something that is like a cross between a sailor and the back woods of the Ozarks.

13. EvilPrincess

Jun 23, 2005
  14. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    Where is Greg....He is MIA....I cannot get hold of him via phone either....I hope he OK! [face_worried]

15. Qui-Gon-Matt

Qui-Gon-Matt Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2005
    I miss Greg

16. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Greg, where are you buddy......

17. TK166

TK166 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2004
    Yeah, I just PM'd him wishing him well; maybe they went out of town for the long weekend.

18. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    I can't tell you how much that pic made me laugh [face_laugh]

19. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    Now I am starting to wonder where he is. Anyone heard from him?

20. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    nobody has heard from him since Tuesday I think

21. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Well, you know, there is life outside the message boards, right?
    ;)

22. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    There is???

Not for me today -- Home sick.

23. Qui-Gon-Matt

Apr 20, 2005
    what you talkin' about Willis?!?!?

24. propgeek1701

propgeek1701 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey guys, I want to thank you all for your concerns and PMs and phone messages and emails during my recent disappearance. And for the whole "nature appreciation" aspect of recent posts. They make me laugh.

This is hard for me to say, but truth and honesty are such an important part of my program. Last Wednesday, I "went out." That's 'AA speak' for throwing your program out the window and going on a real bender. This one was bad. Maybe some of you can do that without too many consequences, but not somebody like me. See, alcoholism is a weird disease in that it may remit for months or years, but if you come back to it, it's like you never stopped. If you had a bad detox last time (even if it was years ago), it will be worse this time. Trust me on this. Don't know what detox means? PM me, and I'll be glad to share all the gory details. For most of you, suffice to say that it involves a lot of very uncomfortable symptoms, some of which can be life-threatening. I've not experienced the most serious symptoms (yet), but the ones I've gone through this weekend are quite bad enough.

What got me going? Who knows. I have dozens of serious things going on in my life, but all of them added up together can not possibly explain the damage and embarrassment I knew I was choosing when I took the first drink last Wednesday. I knew what I was doing and went right ahead anyway. Bizarre, isn't it? There is no explanation other than the curious insanity that all of us alcoholics suffer from. And then the abnormal allergic reaction to alcohol that causes us to want more, even to the point of death. Weird stuff. I'm back, though, and ready to start over. I'm referring clients elsewhere, and I have a new job starting up this month, with more changes on the way.

Admins: I know this forum is for people as young as 13, and that this is some pretty adult stuff. But seeing that most alcoholics get their start by age 13, I think maybe my humiliation can at least profit as a public service announcement... "Kids, nothing good ever comes from drinking! Especially if there is alcoholism in your family tree. Let me serve as your bad example. It really sucks! Listen to uncle propgeek and try not to despise me for my disease if you can help it. If you can't help it, go right ahead and despise me... just don't follow in my footsteps. This is bad, bad stuff, OK?" End of public service announcement.

To my friends... I really hate myself right now, and I'm in a fairly weakened state of mind. But I don't blame anybody who is disgusted with me. I just hope some of you will hang with me and encourage me to recover. If you can't do that, I totally understand, and I have many friends in AA who will support me. I just love so many of you people on this board, and I would hate to lose those friendships. Well, the screen is getting all blurry, so enough for now.

-greg/propgeek

25. Gecko_Fett

Mar 1, 2003
    I am here for you Greg...as is Yvonne!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.