main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Prophecy of The One Revealed in Ep.3?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by akamu2, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akamu2

akamu2 Jedi Master star 1

Jan 11, 2003
    Much has been said about what or how much Yoda and Mace Windu know about what's going on during the whole Separatist/Loyalist/Clone War events. I've always been curious as to what specifically "the prophecy of the one who will bring balance to the Force" really says or predicts. I know that "always in motion" is the future, but Luke seemed to have a pretty good take on what was happening in Cloud City and he wasn't even a full Jedi at the time. How much of what may happen in Episode 3 do you think Yoda or Mace have already forseen? Is there more to "the prophecy" than just the fact that The One will bring balance?

2. GrandAlmightyMaster

GrandAlmightyMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2003
    I dont think Yoda and Mace sensed any of the future.

The darkside was clouding their vision.

3. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I do agree that The Dark side has clouded everything! so Mace & Yoda have no idea what the hell is going to happen, only asume!!
    By thinking of "the prophecy" i wonder why Qui-Gon says (promptly) that "He [Anankin] can see things before they happen!"

4. SomeRandomNerd

SomeRandomNerd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    Mace says in AOTC that if the prophecy is true, Anakin is the only one who can bring balance. And there's got to be a reason that Yoda and Obi Wan stay in hiding for 20 years waiting to be able to send a half-trained Jedi in to face Vader and the Emperor.

So I think we'll hear something more of the prophecy to tie the trilogies together- even if it's only what we've already heard already phrased differently.

5. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Personally I'm wondering how widely known the prophecy is. Do Mace and Yoda know it will mean their deaths? Does it say the Choosen One will kill both Jedi and Sith?

6. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    IMO there has to be a reason why Yoda and Obi-Wan stay in hiding for 20 years. To ignore this will serious damage credibilty. The prophecy seems a good way to explain this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.