main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Propmaking...lightsabers for the Jedi types...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MasterKeyan, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKeyan

MasterKeyan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Hey crew! Thought I would take a second and see if anyone wants to taek part in a lightsaber construction discussion....acquiring parts, the look, feel and functionality of prop sabers...I recently got my 13 trace computer card for the control box of my Luke ESB saber i am working on, and thought that others may wish to see about making their own stuff...just a thought...

Keyan

2. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    l
    i
    g
    h
    t
    s
    a
    b
    r
    e
    s
    :eek:

3. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    I just got the Obi Wan Force FX for my birthday! Huzzah!!

-Kyle

4. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    new fav?

5. Quick2

Quick2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 14, 2006
    Kyle how many lightsabers do you have? do you also havea Prop saber for costume??? Congrats on the Obi FX..Awesome..

Mike....How many do you have??? Did you ever get the Mace Windu?
    Peace, Allan (quick2)

6. grumpydevil

grumpydevil Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2005
    Hmm...good question.

I have four Force FX lightsabers:
    1. Anakin ROTS
    2. Luke ROTJ
    3. Mace AOTC/ROTS
    4. Obi Wan ROTS

I have one Luxeon saber:
    [image=http://randomsabers.com/raw_images/resonator.jpg]

Ad two EL Sabers:
    [image=http://www.freak23.com/shaak_ti/saber02.jpg]
    [image=http://randomsabers.com/raw_images/muramasa.jpg]

So I guess that makes SeVeN illuminating sabers...

I aso have a cheap Obi Wan "prop" saber that is made out of resin...I need to FIX it though. :p

-Kyle

7. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    At the moment, I have two Master Replica sabers, Luke ROTJ, and Anakin ROTS. My pride is my Graflex saber that is just ONE LITTLE PIECE away from completion....that stupid little red button. I am preparing to order the EL super-duper upgrade kit for my graflex, then it will have a Cyan colored blade that is battle ready!

Keyan

8. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    DOH! :oops: Sorry, not used to handling ancient weapons from hokey religions.
    I have a few flash handles that will eventually be made into props, 2 Heilands for Vader, and 2 Graflex for the type of hilts that were used in the Holiday Special. Just need the scratch for building them.

9. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    I will scavenge my parts bins for you, Eric, and see what I come up with...I think I already have many of the components that you may need, if not, I can find them...and what I have will cost you nothing...if I don't plan on using it, I'd rather give it to someone who can...

K

10. RSG-503

RSG-503 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2004
    I'm wanting to build an EP IV Obi saber without electronics. I know where I can get the rifle grenade and from the sound of things the sink knob isn't too hard to find ... but what about the other parts? I've heard the tip is a part off of a Rolls Royce.

I want to find out how much everything will cost and how hard some of the items are to find before I tell the guy to pick up the grenade for me.

Any info would be great :)

Thanks

11. MasterKeyan

Jul 19, 2006
    The other components were a gear section, and some type of combustion chamber fitting. You can find parts on ebay...keyword search lightsaber parts, or Obi Wan Saber...that'll get you on track

Keyan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.