main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Proposal For Spin Off Movie Forum

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Lord Optimus, Feb 5, 2013.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm of the view that it isn't needed until any actual news is confirmed regarding any plot or release date or whatever. 99% of the Episode VII forum is still speculation threads, why have two forums full of that (which would require more moderating) when you can have one?

Once we know what the spin-off are and more about Episode VII, we can have an ST area and then a spin-off movies area to go with the PT & OT & LACWAC.

I would wager we won't have to wait very long before official info starts coming out, certainly seems like we'll know a lot more by the end of the year.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  2. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Can we at least get a new banner for the EPVII board? You know, what with the Empire being destroyed and all...

Grimby likes this.
  3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Sounds like a moderator issue?

Perhaps an official spin-off thread would be useful... kind of like the official EU thread.

KilroyMcFadden likes this.
  4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I just came to Communications to suggest separate forums. It seems like there are now dozens of threads discussing spinoffs in the Episode 7 forum. It's probably an unrealistic expectation to confine all of that discussion into one thread--so a separate forum would be helpful.

5. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I think with the ability to tag threads, that something like the JCC/Senate/Amphitheatre merge could work. At least for all NSA forums. Otherwise yes, it would be a bloated mess of forums.

6. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 1999
    I think they should maybe merge the Fan Force/Fan Films into one section to free up a spinoff section on the main TFN page.

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I think things are going ok for now since there's virtually no spoiler material in the VII forum. I'd like to see a 7NSA once we start getting some info. I'd also like to see maybe a spinoff NSA forum that incorporates all of the potential future films that aren't numbered episodes. I agree with what a lot of people have said that it's too early to make these moves now, but spoilers will probably start getting leaked when shooting starts I'd guess.