main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Proposal for Yuuzhan Vong Board

Discussion in 'Communications' started by darthjulian777, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

The thread in the EUC is pretty well quiet most the time as it is, and as the Leader of the NJO Fan Club I have to say there are very few members are Yuuzhan Vong fans at all. Most are fans of the heroes of the era. I would consider the current thread there and if you can resurrect this particular thread that would be a bonus in itself, but I have to agree with the other Mods and Admins....there simply is not enough interest at this stage.

benknobi1 and DarthBoba like this.
  2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I feel that the timing for this proposal might have been better shortly after the NJO was completed with the release of The Unifying Force. It's been a few years and while the NJO is my favorite part of Star Wars, I know many fans have moved on and so has profic, the latter sometimes all but forgetting about the YV invasion. However, seeing that the Invasion comic series is still ongoing, I think you might get some traffic from the comic readers.

If this proposal is accepted and you get your own little corner of the JC, I'll definitely stop by. For NaNoWriMo 2011, I wrote a Star Wars fanfic dealing with the YV invasion. Your board would certainly be helpful once/if I pick that story up again. I had to sift through tons of wookiepedia entries for information about the YV. I would love the opportunity for discussions in a variety of fields, such as which planets were conquered when, when were which technologies developed (both for the NR and the YV), effective strategies, known YV leaders and their territories....

I hope that your proposal will be considered and given a fair chance. May the Force be with you!

3. darthjulian777

darthjulian777 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2008
    Chilla, I would really love to read your fanfic....I love everything about them, and think they are just as important as any hero or prequel era story that's been told.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    We don't give those their own boards either.

5. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002
    I don't see why you can't just create Vong Specific threads in the EUC

The Jedi and Sith don't even have their own boards. Threads yes, but not boards if i'm not mistaken.

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    I think the problem is not that there isn't enough material to talk about, the problem is proving that such a board would get enough traffic to warrant it's existence. Maybe if more users (such as I) voiced interest...

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Julian, I'd recommend you go chat with the Yuuzhan Vong Fans in the EUC.

As others have noted, it's too specific a topic and relatively old now to have an entire board for.

8. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    This. A forum dedicated to the Vong just isn't justified. I appreciate your enthusiasm but there is a thread in EUC for them and I'm sure that the mods would be willing to entertain some ideas for branch out discussions. The JC has survived long enough with a well running EU forum that can contain those sort of topics, we definitely don't need a branch out forum that would most definitely not have much traffic.

Darth McClain and DarthBoba like this.
  9. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    If the argument is that one EUC thread isn't enough, it's certainly not out of line to ask the EUC mods for another thread. Work with them on what your aim is and see what happens.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I also don't see why some of these topics can't be discussed in Lit, either. There's plenty of room there for OOU discussions that relate to Lit topics, of which the Vong most certainly are.

ma_petite likes this.
  11. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I want a pony board, all about colorful magical ponies from a cartoon show.^^

Besides, did anybody else notice the strange similarities between Force Smuggler and darthjulian777? They have the same profile image because they both like Anakin Solo and the New Jedi Order series, so they've got interest in the same characters, species and books, they agree with each other all the time at everything they say and this idea here was made up by them together, but otherwise FS lives in Ohio (see New Year thread) and Julian's from "the rainy North West"... hmm...

12. darthjulian777

Nov 28, 2008
    I know! it surprises me too haha

13. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I sense a great disturbance in the Force.

14. darthjulian777

Nov 28, 2008
    To be completely honest though, that dude has like 4 times as many posts as me, I don't have that much to say outside of my specialty (my yuuzhan vong)

15. benknobi1

benknobi1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2002