main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Proposals & The TSA. (The Matrix: Reloaded?)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by MASTER_OBI-DAN, Sep 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASTER_OBI-DAN

MASTER_OBI-DAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Dear Greater Vancouver JCers,
    This is thread is exclusively dedicated to ?Proposals and the Tentative Schedule of Activities? for our nascent Vancouver FF Chapter. I encourage all of you to post in this thread. Also, I will be updating it periodically over the next few months. ;)

[b][color=red]Part One: Proposals:[/color][/b]

In terms of "[b][color=red]Proposals[/color][/b]," this is the thread where your personal input is absolutely vital because [hl=yellow]our [b]Vancouver FF Chapter[/b] will be exactly what you make it and activities will be exactly what you want to do[/hl]. So now is the time (and here is the place) to speak up and be heard about what activities that you?d like to do.

Below are [b]five easy steps[/b] to follow, which will greatly help your [b][color=red]proposed activity[/b][/color] to come to fruition:

[b]1)[/b] Brainstorm and think of a [b][color=red]proposed activity[/b][/color] that might be enjoyable for the majority of [b]JCers[/b] in our [b]Vancouver FF Chapter[/b]; then, post it on this thread.
    [b]2)[/b] Seek feedback from fellow [b]Vancouver JCers[/b] on your [b][color=red]proposal[/b][/color]; attempt to generate a healthy dialogue.
    [b]3)[/b] Refine your [b][color=red]proposal[/b][/color] and research its feasibility.
    [b]4)[/b] Then, come back to this thread and post the results of your research.
    [b]5)[/b] Lastly, when the ?[b][color=green]green light[/color][/b]? is given on this thread by the majority, you can post your own thread advertising the [b][color=red]activity[/b][/color] on the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10352]Vancouver Board[/link].
    [hr]
    [b][color=blue]Part Two: The Tentative Schedule of Activities (TSA):[/color][/b]

[b]C) [color=green]The Short-Term Schedule:[/color][/b]

In terms of "[b][color=green]the Short-Term Schedule[/color][/b] (of the [b][color=blue]TSA[/b][/color])," these are activties that have been discussed in detail and are scheduled to occur as planned. [face_grin]

[hl=floralwhite][b]1.[/b] [link=http://www.starstationcentre.com/]Extreme Laser Tag[/link] @ [b]Star-Station[/b] from 06:00-08:00 PM on September 15, 2002. [/hl]

[b]Notes:[/b] Be there at [b]Star-Station[/b] by [hl=yellow][b]05:50 PM[/b][/hl]. [face_grin]
    [hr]
    [b]B) [color=green]The Long-Term Schedule:[/color][/b]

In terms of "[b][color=green]the Long-Term Schedule[/color][/b] (of the [b][color=blue]TSA[/b][/color])," some of these activities are undecided, others need to be discussed in more detail. Lastly, and I can't reiterate this fact enough, all of these activities are [b][hl=yellow]tentative[/b][/hl] and not set in stone. [face_wink]

[hl=floralwhite][b]2. TBA.[/b][/hl]

[b]Notes:[/b] The next two activities are completely undecided at this point in time. If you have any interesting ideas for these two activities, please don?t hesitate to speak up and post. For one of these undecided activities, we could utilize [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8603420&replies=19]Proposal B[/link] (from the vote on our [b]Inaugural Activity[/b]), which was "[b]Movie Night @ SilverCity Metropolis[/b]."

Here is a complete listing of movies that are scheduled to be released in the next few weeks:

[b]September 13, 2002.[/b]
    -Barbershop
    -Igby Goes Down
    -Stealing Harvard

[b]September 20, 2002.[/b]
    -Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever
    -Four Feathers
    -The Banger Sisters
    -Trapped
    -Slap Her, She's French

[b]September 27, 2002.[/b]
    -Dark Blue
    -Just a Kiss
    -Sweet Home Alabama
    -The Tuxedo

[b]October 4, 2002.[/b]
    -Jonah: A Veggie Tales Movie
    -Red Dragon
    -Welcome to Collinwood

[b]October 11, 2002[/b]
    -Bellow
    -Brown Sugar
    -Knockaround Guys
    -Pokemon 4ever
    -Punch-Drunk Love
    -The Rules of Attraction
    -Swept Away
    -The Transporter
    -Tuck Everlasting
    -White Oleander
    -Who's your Daddy?

[b]October 18, 2002[/b]
    -Abandon
    -Children on their Birthdays
    -Formula 51
    -Ring

[hl=floralwhite][b]3. TBA.[/b][/hl]

[hl=floralwhite][b]4.[/b

2. vaderdude_3

vaderdude_3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 29, 2002
    They all sound like good ideas.

I think going to ecks vs sever would be an excellent movie for "the monthly geek meeting," as i call it.

3. DAKAI_SERAKI

DAKAI_SERAKI Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2002
    we gotta watch the tuxedo, man. jackie chan rocks!

4. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Dude, I'm whacked. Something less labour-intensive next time, okay?

5. vaderdude_3

Jul 29, 2002
    ya, i can barely keep my eyes open.

6. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Oh god... my lower back and legs hurt now!! But it was fuuuuuuuuuuun. Just gotta emphasize that 'u' because right now I can't think of another word to describe it. :p

Oooh yeah, I'm so into the idea of going to see that new Jackie Chan movie... me being a large Jackie Chan fan. :D

BTW we've been discussing it and I think doing something for Halloween would be great, who knows, maybe we'll dress up as Jedi and start toilet paperings people's houses. Of course I did make that request for someplace loud and screaming and I still want that too.

[face_mischief]

7. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I don't think we can get away with that, Jade...unless we used the Force, of course! :D

Anyway, I'm all up for a movie next time.

BTW, I've added Jade, Vaderdude, and Spuzzum to my Watched User's List. Hope you guys add me to yours.

8. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    DAKAI_SERAKI: ?we gotta watch the tuxedo, man. jackie chan rocks!?

jade_angel: ?Oooh yeah, I'm so into the idea of going to see that new Jackie Chan movie... me being a large Jackie Chan fan.?

And let?s not forget his lovely co-star in The Tuxedo: the beautiful Jennifer Love Hewitt. [face_love]

[image=http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/302219/1011/654135_main.jpg] [image=http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/302219/1011/654111_main.jpg]

[image=http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/302219/1011/654100_main.jpg] [image=http://images.countingdown.com/images/countdowns/movies/302219/1011/654126_main.jpg]

Here is an update concerning prospective [hl=floralwhite][b]Activity #4[/b][/hl] of the [b][color=blue]TSA[/b][/color]:

Yesterday, [b]TF.N[/b] posted a story entitled: [link=http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.html#18113]IMAX Clones Is Bigger But Shorter.
    [/link] In this story, the following statement was made:

"[i]The [b]IMAX[/b] edition, which will be distributed by Twentieth Century Fox 'exclusively to [b]IMAX theaters[/b],' will be trimmed from its original 143 minutes to fit the 120-minute capability of most [b]IMAX[/b] platter systems. A [b]LucasFilm[/b] spokesperson told LFX that the editing will "maintain the integrity" of the story.[/i]"

Thus, the [b]IMAX[/b] edition of [b]AOTC[/b] will be 23 minutes shorter than the [b]DLP[/b] edition.

9. vaderdude_3

Jul 29, 2002
    yeah, jennifer love hewwit is a fox!

10. Azeria_Jade

Azeria_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2001
    I'm sorry I couldn't join any of you at lazer tag, but an issue with a friend of mine came up. Her parents had to go out for the day and myself and some other friends had to stay with her and make sure she didn't hurt herself. She's been going through a rough time and isn't quite stable.

She is doing better now though, so we're all pretty confident in her recouvery.

P.S. I think a movie would be great! Either that, or a meeting at Chapters.

11. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Yeah we could have a short get together and exchange some of our favourite books for reading. :D

And I guess going to see The Tuxedo is a definite yes? [face_hopeful]

Also, s'ok Azeria, family and friends take priority over everything else! I just hope that we can meet sometime and become good friends too :D

PS: Added you to my watched users list, TIEPilot (from now on, I'm dubbing you TP!!)

12. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002
    Azeria_Jade: ?I'm sorry I couldn't join any of you at lazer tag, but an issue with a friend of mine came up.?

No problem, A_J. ;)

Also, jade_angel is exactly right: ?family and friends take priority over everything else!? ;)

[b]Azeria_Jade[/b]: ?[i]P.S. I think a movie would be great! Either that, or a meeting at Chapters.[/i]?

Well, we can do both @ [b]Metrotown[/b], as both a [b]Chapters Book Store[/b] and [b]SilverCity Metropolis[/b] are located in very close proximity to each other. [face_wink]
    [hr]
    [b]jade_angel[/b]: ?[i]And I guess going to see The Tuxedo is a definite yes?[/i]? [face_hopeful]

I?m definitely game. [face_grin] Besides [b]DAKAI_SERAKI[/b], [b]A_J[/b], [b]jade_angel[/b], and myself, who else is interested in joining us?

In regards to a date and time, we can go see [link=http://www.dreamworks.com/thetuxedo/]The Tuxedo[/link] anytime on or after [b]September 27, 2002[/b] (the day it is released). When would everyone like to see it? We can go see one of the first screenings (if not the first) of it, or we can opt for the inexpensive option of seeing it either on the weekend (at a matinee) or on a Tuesday evening.

13. vaderdude_3

Jul 29, 2002
    crap, i can't go.

14. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I'm interested.

Oh, and Jade...

8-}

15. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    I don't think I can make anything. School= busyness.

16. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    could we go another time? PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE?!?!?!? I really wanna see this movie with you guys, and I definitely wanna see the tuxedo, but I'll be in oregon, man! crap, I'll miss another event........

have fun, though. you guys are gonna have a blast! ;)

17. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I was thinking that we could make the movie our third activity, and meet up at some mall (Metrotown or something) and just do a general cruising of the malls, stopping by the bookstore to check out the Star Wars novels and such.

Or maybe even a picnic thing where we would all bring food and just generally hang out.

18. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Metrotown? Oh, I know Metrotown! That's where they have a $10.00 all-you-can-eat sushi lunch special at one of the restaurants there. It's so cool, the dishes come to by your table on a little conveyor belt, and you just take what you want.

Sorry to sound so excited, but I'm a sushi fiend, and we don't have much of any all-you-can-eat sushi places in Victoria anymore. Maybe someday I'll come over for one of your activities or meetings, and hit Metrotown in the same trip. :)

Cheers,

- Rani

19. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    I can't wait to see it with you guys! I might be going with you cuz obi-dan might change the schedule.

has anyone seen any of jackie chan's old movies? the ones when he was 20, and when he did all the cooler stunts than he does now? they're sweet!

20. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    I'm certain that the schedule will be changed, I'm never really the type to go out and see a movie on the opening day, too many people, too many line ups.

And Rani, we'd love for you to drop by, bring your Victoria FF crew and then we can have a laser tag show down. :p

21. vaderdude_3

Jul 29, 2002
    yeah, we'd like to see some islanders at our meetings.

(and yes going to see a movie opening day does suck. What about cheap tuesday?)

22. MASTER_OBI-DAN

Jul 30, 2002

?[i]Oh, I know Metrotown! That's where they have a $10.00 all-you-can-eat sushi lunch special at one of the restaurants there. It's so cool, the dishes come to by your table on a little conveyor belt, and you just take what you want.[/i]?

I?ve eaten there once too, [b][i][color=blue]Rani[/b][/i][/color]! [face_grin] The conveyor-belt is wild. [face_laugh]

?[i]Maybe someday I'll come over for one of your activities or meetings, and hit Metrotown in the same trip.[/i]?

That would fantabulous, [b][i][color=blue]Rani[/b][/i][/color]! Also, let me pass along the following standing offer: [b][i][color=blue]you[/b][/i][/color] and any other members of [b]Victoria FF Chapter[/b] are always welcome and cordially invited to join us at any one of our future [b]FF Activities[/b]. [face_wink]
    [hr]
    ?[i]I'm certain that the schedule will be changed?[/i]?

Exactly. [face_wink] Everything discussed in the [b][color=blue]TSA[/b][/color] is [b][color=blue]tentative[/b][/color] in nature and can be adjusted at will to meet the needs of the majority of our [b]GV JCers[/b].
    [hr]
    [b]vaderdude_3[/b]: ?[i]crap, i can't go.[/i]?

[b]DAKAI_SERAKI[/b]: ?[i]could we go another time? PLEEEAAAASSSSEEEE?!?!?!? I really wanna see this movie with you guys, and I definitely wanna see the tuxedo, but I'll be in oregon, man![/i]?

Since these two posts, I?ve had quick discussions with both [b]vaderdude_3[/b] and [b]DAKAI_SERAKI[/b] via [b]PM[/b]. Both have prior commitments on the opening weekend (Sept. 27-29) of the [link=http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/the_tuxedo.html]The Tuxedo[/link], but both want to join us and have requested that we see it on the subsequent weekend (Oct. 4-6). Both [b]jade_angel[/b], [b]TIEPilot051999[/b] and I concur. Thus, how does a matinee screening of [link=http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/the_tuxedo.html]The Tuxedo[/link] on October 5, 2002 @ [b]SilverCity Metropolis[/b] sound to everybody?

[image=http://www.uip-netherlands.nl/Pictures/tuxedoposterbig.jpg] [image=http://www.spielberg-dreamworks.com/tuxedo/presskit/Singing_Stage.jpg]
    [image=http://www.spielberg-dreamworks.com/tuxedo/presskit/Getting_Up.jpg] [image=http://www.spielberg-dreamworks.com/tuxedo/images/In_Car.jpg]
    [image=http://www.uip-netherlands.nl/Pictures/tuxedo3.jpg]

23. DAKAI_SERAKI

May 7, 2002
    sounds good, dan!

24. TIEPilot051999

Mar 27, 2002
    Unless something bad happens (and having said that, there's a good possibility), I'm all for it.

25. vaderdude_3

Jul 29, 2002
    Great. Thanks guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.