*** Proposed Charter Changes *** IMPORTANT!

Discussion in 'Inland Empire CA' started by jedifan77, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here are the proposed changes we'd like to make to the charter. I've highlighted all of the new stuff.

PLEASE REMEMBER: WE ARE NOT DEBATING DUES OR MEMBERSHIP. THOSE ISSUES HAVE ALREADY BEEN DECIDED. WE'RE DECIDING THE WORDING IN THE CHARTER ONLY. DOES IT COVER EVERYTHING, IS THE WORDING CORRECT, WAS ANYTHING LEFT OUT?

A couple of spelling errors have already been brought to my attention. Please feel free to point out any others that were missed.

The changes are highlighted in green. That's the part we're discussing. The non-highlighted parts are going away.

We'll discuss this for a day or two then vote.

OLD CHARTER

III. Membership
    Membership is open to everyone. To become a member you simply need to post on the boards. There are two classes of membership:

Active Membership: Active membership is attained when a member lives in Inland Empire, posts on the forums regularly, and attends the majority of our meetings and events. Active members have full voting privileges. Active members are also eligible to serve as officers of the club.

Honorary Membership: Honorary membership is open to anyone irregardless of geographic residence. Honorary members are allowed to post on our forums, receive our newsletter, and attend meetings and events of their choosing, yet are not eligible to vote on any club issues. Honorary membership may often be bestowed upon "celebrities" in the Star Wars community such as Star Wars actors, authors, those working for LFL etc.

PROPOSED CHANGE

III. Membership
    Membership is open to everyone. There are three classes of membership:

Active Membership:

Active members pay $50 a calendar year (July ? June) for membership dues. This can be paid all at once, in two payments of $25 each, in five payments of $10 each, or in monthly payments of $4 each (one payment must be $6). Active members must post on the IEFF forums regularly. Active members may purchase official IEFF shirts and participate in everything the IEFF does, including meetings, fun club activities and all official events where the IEFF is being specifically represented. Active members have full voting privileges and are eligible to serve as officers of the club.

Basic Membership:

Basic members do not pay dues. Basic members may purchase official IEFF shirts. Basic members may only attend club meetings and fun activities and must post on the IEFF forum if they plan on attending. Basic members may not participate in official events where the IEFF is being specifically represented. Basic members do not have voting privileges and are not eligible to serve as officers of the club.

Honorary Membership:
    Honorary membership is bestowed upon ?celebrities? in the Star Wars community, such as actors, directors, authors, and those working for LFL. Honorary members are not required to post on the IEFF forums or participate in any IEFF activity or event. Honorary members do not have voting privileges and are not eligible to serve as officers of the club.

OLD CHARTER

IV. Membership Dues
    We have no membership dues. Becoming an IEFF member is free, and as a member you will never be obligated to pay anything. However, some things do require money. In these circumstances, the Treasurer will collect money on a voluntary basis. Each member can choose to contribute or not, and can contribute as much as they feel comfortable with. The Treasurer will record who paid and what amount, so that if the total amount needed is not reached, every member who paid will get their money back.

PROPOSED CHANGES:

IV. Membership Dues

Membership dues of $50 a calendar year (July ? June) are required for Active Membership level only. This can be paid all at once, in two payments of $25 each, in five payments of $10 each, or monthly payments of $4 each (one payment must be $6).

No dues are required for Basic Membership level.

All monies collect from
  2. Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Master

star 2
  3. Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, here we go. Now that's more like it! Everything clearly explained in black and white.

Sounds good to me! :)
  4. Symina Jedi Master

star 4
  5. jangosmom Jedi Knight

star 3
  6. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JT and Carrie, do the proposed changes make you feel like you're really a member? That's the goal.

The current charter is a little more strict and roungh in the membership area. The goal is to make sure everyone can still participate, however, it will just be at different levels. I don't think the old charter gave that type of option.
  7. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
  8. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Can I get a word document version of the final charter? Then I can convert it to PDF and add to the website.
  9. han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda

VIP
    star 4
    I'll do you one better Stuart, I can send over the PDF for you. I'll do this right now.:)

I just realized the charter hasn't been update as of yet:oops:

I have PM this over to Rachel and when she updates this for us, I'll send it over to you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.