Proposed Roadtrip

Discussion in 'Lafayette, LA' started by DarthGuido, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGuido Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greetings Everyone. I had a thought, kind of an idea and I wanted to see what you guys thought. How would everyone feel about maybe taking a weekend roadtrip, just a day trip to check out Episode II on a digital screen. Now I've been kicking around this idea for a few weeks. But when I read the report from the Celebration saying that there may be an extra scene in the digital presentation, well it just seemed like a good idea. The nearest digital presentation will probably be in Plano, TX. Thats about a 6 hour drive...that is if you do the speed limit. Hehehe. Only problem for me is if we do this I may have to ride with someone. Being as the wife just had a baby and all, she'll probably want to keep the car for the day (not to mention the even bigger problem of our car probably wouldn't make it, but we won't get into that. LOL). So there it is Princesses and Sith Lords. What does everyone think?

DG
  2. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was looking for the same group of people you are. Yes, I would like to make that trip. However, only if I could gaurentee my ticket in advance. I called that theatre today, as a matter of fact, and they still do not have any information about a midnight showing OR when they will sell advance Internet tickets. See my previous post
  3. DarthGuido Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmmm, well we may have to make it for a couple of weeks after opening then. I doubt they would do advanced sales any earlier than that. I know they didn't even recieve Menace till about a month or so after it had opened nationwide.

DG
  4. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I didn't know that fact about not receiving Menace a month after release.

I spoke to the group at the first meeting about just such a trip. Everyone agreed that it would be a good idea. I wanted to see it for the first time in that format, but perhaps we all could wait and plan a trip. Maybe that could be meeting #4.

I'm glad to have you on board. I wanted to go visit you and your family at the hospital, but I never did get your name. Also, we have never met. I thought it would be cool though. My daughter likes little babies.
  5. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is where we will gather information about making this proposal a reality.

I called Cinemark in Plano, TX and got the scoop. Theatre 10 and 13 are the only two that boast DLP, with 13 being the larger of the two theatres. Both have stadium style seating. Once we decide on a date, each member will purchase their ticket over the Internet through Cinemark Legacy. Depending on the number of folks going, we will secure a mode of transportation and split all cost equally among the group.

----------------------------------------

What we need now are proposed means of transportation and dates for viewing. Please do the research and post cost, company names, dates, etc. in this thread. Also, any other suggestions and/or recommendations.

I really hope this pans out, because I throughly enjoyed AOTC.
  6. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    May 27th, Monday (Memorial Day)
    June 15th, Saturday

These are two days that will fit my schedule. I called and it's a good bet that June 15th would be near the end of it's run in DLP at the Cinemark Legacy, Plano TX.

Let's shoot for Memorial Day! Who is with me?
  7. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    June 15th sounds good to me, but i'm not sure if my parents would let me go though.
  8. Darth_Gondar Jedi Padawan

I will see if i can get off of work that day and im in if I can!
  9. DarthRender Jedi Master

star 3
  10. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    June 15th it is! It does not sound like many people want to jump in on this. I propose we travel in someone's car and split the gas. I see a total of 4 people so far: Swampsurfer, DarthRender, Darth_Gondar, and possibly wicket_the_ewok -OR- DarthGuido. What everyone needs to do know is respond in the very positive if they want to go and give details about their automobile. If we all agree on renting a car for the trip, then we can do that too.

I am serious about going. I drive a 1994 Celica with a sun-roof, that really sits only 2 comfortably, but a possible 4. It can make the trip, but it will be uncomfortable in the back seat. I am willing to split the cost on a rental.

Who is next to commit?
  11. wicket_the_ewok Jedi Knight

star 2
    i think renting a car is a good idea. i have a '94 saturn that can barely make it to lafayette from new iberia. but it all depends on what my parents say and when i get paid. well it seems like i get paid on the 14th of june, so if we do rent a car i wont be able to pay for it. but i'll gladly pay for most of the gas. and also, i need the 411, when are we leaving, are we staying over night, ect.
  12. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey everyone!

I just read something that breaks my heart :(

At the same time it makes me happy for all of you who can participate.

Mid-south FanForce Episode II Viewing in DLP scheduled for June 15, 2002.

I can not make it due to work conflicts OR I would go all by myself if I had to. Please read the thread and try to get together with someone else in FanForce Acadiana and go! Just share gas expense with someone and have a GREAT STAR WARS ride!
  13. Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator

star 5
    EDIT--If someone from FF Acadiana will pm me, I'll give you my cell # just in case.

Hey everyone! Just making the rounds and giving out the info on tomorrow's event.

The news item about tomorrow's event has been posted on FanForce.net, and the Dallas group will be joining you for the 4:00 showing. We'll have a sign so you can spot the seats we'll be saving.

One more thing--let me know about dinner if you have any special requests or requirements. This being Texas and all, we may go out to a steakhouse after the movie!

Drive safely, we'll see y'all tomorrow.

Brian
  14. AnakinSlave Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hope you all have a great time and be careful! Let's hope that by the year 2005 we will have digital theatres all over the state. Keep your fingers crossed!
  15. TechJedi Jedi Padawan

I hope all had a good and safe trip. I bet it was great.
  16. Swampsurfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just in case anyone wanted to know. I do not believe anyone from our group has gone to see AOTC in DLP. It is such a drage to know that I was so close, but had to work. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.