main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Props Hunting Excursion

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by CarbonatedGoat, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarbonatedGoat

CarbonatedGoat Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2002
    Next Tuesday (the 28th) I'm planning a parts hunting excursion to collect parts from junk shops/hardware stores/etc to start building my lightsaber replica and other props for my jedi/fringer costume... if anyone else would like to come along, that'd be really cool.

Post under here if you'd like to come and we can set up a time/place to meet.

2. Qui-Dawn

Qui-Dawn Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2000
    Hey, I'm in! It reminds me of descending into Mos Espa to find spare parts....::waves her hand:: These *are* the parts we're looking for...you *will* give them to us for free.... (of course if the shopkeeper happens to be a Toydarian then we're totally out of luck, but oh well!) Tee hee....

At any rate, my schedule's pretty much wide-open, very malleable as far as the where-and-when of meeting....but if it helps any, in terms of location I'm near the Crystal Pool, so I can very easily get downtown....do it almost every day, in fact. Nice jaunt to make especially with "Duel of the Fates" going full-blast in my Discman. :) So I'm game for meeting pretty much anywhere, then, just name it and I'll be there. Who else? :)

Dawn.

3. CrazyLegsMC

CrazyLegsMC Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2002
    Would this by any chance count as the mandatory one minimum get-together?

regardless of if it does I'm intrested. My email is crazylegsmc@hotmail.com drop me a line with times or anything else I should know.

4. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    Anyone else going to come?

5. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    I will probably make it. We should figure out a place and time though.

6. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    in front of city hall around 10ish?

7. Saber_Caddy

Saber_Caddy Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    Sounds cool! I'll try to be there . . .

BTW, does anybody have a design for the jedi utility belt? I know it has a saber-holster, several pouches, and some weird capsule things at the front, but I'm not sure of the specifics. . . I'm sure there are some more knowledgable people here that know. . .

--Jer

8. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    This is where I'm going to get most of my information on building my props:

http://www.partsofsw.com/Ep_1/qui_gon.htm

Or, more accurately, the Qui-Gon Jinn part of the site, where his costume is detailed. Most of it is taken up by the belt.

9. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
  10. Saber_Caddy

Saber_Caddy Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    Holy cow, Carbonated! That site's great :)! Let's go find us some antique flashes ;).

--Jer

11. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    Am. Morning. So the stores are still open. :)

12. Alakin_Marshwalker

May 16, 2002
    I realized that about 10 minutes after I posted it. But if you note the time of the post...I am sure you can find it in your hearts to forgive me.

13. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Hey guys! I'd love to be able to join you straightaways on the prop excursion, and you can darn well believe I sure meant to....had it all planned out and everything....but something's come up, I have a job interview tomorrow morning, 11 a.m. Wish me luck, by the way, I'll take all I can get. :) May the Force be with me indeed.... Still, here's a thought. I don't want to entirely miss out on all the fun in any case, so if you have a sense of where you may end up or stop by, at least some point during the day, let me know and I'm sure I can find you once the interview's finished and I'm back downtown. Hey, I just don't want to miss out, is all I'm saying! And I don't want to bollix up your schedule either....but, well, you see the bind I'm in. Let me know! :)

Dawn.

14. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    What say we try and be in the Library courtyard at one or something?

15. Qui-Dawn

Jul 8, 2000
    Main library courtyard, 1 p.m.? I think I can manage that....at least, far as I know right now, I think I can....so count on it that when you show up there, at that time, I darn well anticipate I'll be waiting! Gosh, I wonder what we all hope to find.... :) See you then and ta muchly!

Dawn. (what, me nervous about the interview? Nah....okay, yeah, I lie, I'm having my moments of nervousness twined through with burgeoning mild panic, but *still*-! Oh well....)

16. CarbonatedGoat

May 18, 2002
    Good luck at the interview. For those meeting me at City Hall in an hour and fifteen (talk about last minute...) I'll be wearing bright orange pants and will have my orange backpack with me...

I'll be reading The Dark Side Sourcebook for the SWRPG... and I'll probably have my lightsaber with me, just incase you don't read the board before you leave.

May the Force be with ya'll.

I'll see ya there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.