main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PROPS

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by darth_hair, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    so who's building what ?

i made one imp style blaster , one pistol , and 2 thermal detonators . im working on two jedi com links . they should be ready by sunday .

put what your making , or what you want to make .

let me know if you need any help at all . i still have some parts .

i know a few people took parts home from the last meeting .

2. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    If not now, def have your lists together by meetin' time, or we won't know what everbody needs for their costumes! I personally need nothing, but thanks, DH!!!!

3. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Anyone have some ideas on a cheap Jedi belt?

4. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    THRIFT STORE . THATS WHERE IM GONNA LOOK . I NEED A THICK BLACK BELT LIKE DARTH MAUL

5. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    Thrift stores are good, particularly if you can find an '60's fashion type belt. They are typically wide and at worst you have to replace the buckle.

6. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, how about those metal looking things on the bridge of her nose (Depa Bilaba - JC Member)? Piercing is not an option, sorry chunk.

-Jennifer

7. Joseph_Orion

Joseph_Orion Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    go to somewhere like hot topic and get stick-on type of things, i'm sure they'd have little silvery things you could stick on

8. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    "Hot Topic"? Esplane, pleese?

9. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    hot topic is a store in the mall that sells shirts and body jewelry.

10. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Which Mall?

BTW - Just got some motorcycle cop boots for $20 bucks from Sportsmen's Guide.

11. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
  12. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    they do have they little jewel thing's to stick on your forhead you might find what your looking for there.

13. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I think that every mall has a hot topic store.

14. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Qui-Gone-Drinkin Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    anyone have a clue on how to build a real working lightsaber that actually can deflect laser blasts?

15. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    if I could do that I wouldnt be here.

16. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    If i had a working lightsaber, id be here, showing it off to all you people, and killing anyone trying to steal it... just kidding... id just do things the obi-way and chop off an arm or a lower body...

17. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    I want one of those big cage balls from american gladiators that you can get inside and roll around in, and paint it silver, and make a trench around it and a superlaser near the top, a working one mind you, and then id be unstoppable on I-25

18. ObiJuan70

ObiJuan70 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    Greetings Friends of Denver, I saw this post and thought I might be able to give you some ideas on Jedi Belts . . .

DH - I noticed that you're looking for one similar to Mauls, you can check ebay from time to time or your local Army surplus stores for Motorcycle Kidney Belts. A buddy of mine bought a black leather one for $20 on ebay the other day and it looks awesome . . .

If you want one more accurate to Mauls, I have one that was made by a prop builder a year or two ago and it fits up to a size 36 waist. I'm selling that one for $40, email me if you're interested . . .

Or if you or anyone you know has some minimal leather work skills, you can head over to this site for a tutorial to build one similar to Obi Wan's and Qui Gon's >>>

http://www.smslabs.com/belt101/

Hope that Helps a bit !!!

Take Care Friends and MTFBWY

John "ObiJuan" Laurel

19. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Thanks for that, OJ70!!! I'm sure someone can make use of that little tidbit!

20. darth_hair

May 8, 2001
    THANKS ObiJuan70 , BUT I THINK I'LL LOOK AROUND LOCALY . Qui-Gone-Drinkin , TALK TO kitarusapien ABOUT SABERS LIKE THAT . THE DUDE IS REALLY NUTS ,

21. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    talk to Sarah about the Jedi Belts, I believe she has some knowledge about them if I'm not mistaken.

22. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Golly, my name is getting around :)

Actually, that link ObiJuan70 posted is a great one to use. It's very easy and doesn't seem too hard. And if you don't want to sculpt the belt buckle yourself, you might want to look at some premade ones at Tandy Leather or find an old belt and take the buckle off that.

Also, finding one at hot topic may work too. (I love that store :) )

23. Qui-Gone-Drinkin

Mar 12, 2002
    kit, do you know anything about making a real WORKING saber? jk. im looking into building a saber for myself, just to have a saber.... right now i just have one that i use to spar with my friends, made out of a broomstick with paint and all sorts of tapes for the handle... and i want to build a good handle, do you think i should make it out of pvc or metal, and how much do you think it would cost me?

24. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Bro, if you want to make your own stock hilt, the plans on "Big Yellow Book" are great...if you want to buy, the Creative Force hilts are best for the money, and they have ready-to-install coloured acrylic blades for sparring. The hilts are hollow, so you can install lighting, but if you do, remember the blade colour and light source must be identical shades. Either way, use the coloured acrylic blades for CF. As to the actual light blade.....a number of physicists have theorized that a light field could be made to be intense enuf and fed back on itself to create a cohesive cutting instrument, but the power required to intensify the light and control it's dimensions would be extravagent to say the least. They would probably have to use some kind of electromagnetic field dampener to coerce the beam into a fixed field, and relate that to the emitter so that the intensity is uniform across the totality of the blade. The idea of crystals is of course based on lasers, but the reality is that you still need incredible amounts of power to generate such a beam at all...probably on the order of terawatts, forget megawatts, and then you still need to contain the beam in some kind of EM field that would stop the energy from dissipating, but allow the blade to engage a target sufficiently. A much more mundane and yet plausible blade is the idea of a cohesive, pulsed microwave blade.....in this case, the blade is simply a ultra-high discharge microwave blade that is created by a surge release of power from multi-staged, computer controlled capacitors in the hilt. A ruby laser emits a beam, and a continuous fogger emits a shroud to illuminate the laserlight to identify the relative position of the blade(useless when the blade is swung).....when a sensor in the hilt along the laser's path, and within designed parameters for distance(~3-5ft), picks up an approaching mass, the energy contained in the capacitors is staged and released in a massive, focused burst through a cluster of several miniaturized magnetrons resulting in essentially cooking what ever it passes through instantly. Keep in mind that it would be difficult at best to get more than one or two good hits from those capacitors, but technicians could probably rig up stronger capacitors with staged discharge capabilities. The effect would be just as brutal as a lightsaber with the only difference being that the appendages are still intact....just crispy....the body would go into shock almost immediately from just one strike. This beam could also be adjusted in frequency to destroy electronics and have a degree of adjustment as to length.

Next....a stun sword....and then.....an actual vibrosword!

25. PtrsonsZOO

Jul 30, 2001
    Way over my head, Kit.

Do you have a shopping list for me yet? I can bring it all to the meeting Sunday that way.

Thanks,

-Jennifer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.