main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Prototype SF Fan Force logo

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Aug 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay all, as I promised here's the logo I designed:

http://www.geocities.com/jeditenken/img/SFFFlogoprotype.jpg

The idea behind it is that I agree with Chanel's idea of having the symbols of the logo be neutral and thus there are Jedi and Sith lightsaber themes (Luke and Vader's sabers to be precise). It also includes all the symbols of ALL the eras of the SW universe from the Old Republic, to the Empire, to the Rebel Alliance, and then to the New Republic (thus uniting Prequel Trilogy, Classic trilogy, and even Expanded Universe). The exterior will have our club name what ever that will be (in Aurabesh is optional but it's the official SW alphabet! lol) and SFFF at the bottom. Obviously we also want a SF symbol in there so I added the GG Bridge to link on end to the other showing an "all bridges can be crossed" sort of motif since we are such a diverse city and group, not to mention it was the coolest choice since the gold borders are derived from the STAR WARS opening crawl coloration that's pretty much a golden yellow and we have the "Golden" Gate Bridge. So it seemed like the obvious choice

Further more to add to the theme of unity and to bring people together I added words to show what I believe friendships to be about around the borders. As much neutrality I want to inject in to the SW themes I wanted to also inject a sense of friendship with everyone who feel like they are real part of a community. Obviously if people have a better word to stick in to replace the words I came up with please feel free to suggest changes on that and anything else I have done. But over all I think it's pretty good and I've gotten excellent feed back from our RSA Linda (MaraJadeFan) who wanted to immediately to put it on the Fan Force website and banner but I asked her to hold off till another issue was resolved. Regardless I hope you all like it, or dislike it, and please let me know your opinions. Nothing is set in stone after all. Oh and the blowing up issue concerning resolution will be solved with something that has to do with vectors and Adobe Illustrator which will be done by Terrill I think. Unfortunately my expertise lies in Photoshop. :)

OH! One more symbolic thing on that logo the blue back ground is derived from the Senate Royal Guards in those blue uniforms from Episodes 1 & 2. It turns out that in all the senate that that color was the only one that meant neutrality or something with a good connotation and nothing bad in the ENTIRE galaxy. I thought it was an excellent choice in that respect... So EVERYTHING in that logo literally has meaning, symbolically, ideologically, philosophically, psychologically... etc even the circle is a symbol of never-ending and hopefully that will be our SF Fan Force!!!!!! lol OK that is defiantly all now. Enjoy and let me know!

2. mathjedi76

mathjedi76 Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2003
    I like it

3. The_Rock

The_Rock Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2003
    very nice Ming! I like it!

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I have recieved some criticism concerning the words on the border which would be the words I think what friendship should be. Nothing is written in stone so if esthetically or if we discuss to take them down I'll be perfectly fine with it. Overall though thanks for the generally positive responses everyone! :)

5. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    well it ain't a Jab or a Roni, so it get's a thumbs up from me!

6. Stone_Cold

Stone_Cold Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2003
    those words don't say jabroni, they say, Texas Rattlesnake. WHAT?!?!

7. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Alright just a caution to the folks here who want to say jab and roni in conjunction. The boards are technically "PG-13" and jab and roni in conjunction are slang for a particually interesting phrase that I will not say here unless asked personally and I already do know your at least 18. Regardless the admins are just doing their jobs and I hate to see any of you banned so just watch your sixes (as in your rear).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.