main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Provo Provo here I come!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LaurenFett, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaurenFett

LaurenFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2002
    Good news! I got accepted to BYU for Fall 2002, and I plan on coming out this June to stay with my grandparents in order to find a job, meet some people, etc. I would LOVE to join your group for monthly meetings, etc! Although most of my Star Wars stuff will be occupying several boxes in the basement of my parents' house in Newark, DE, I look forward to continuing my SW interest in Utah. This is great! In Delware there aren't many fans, and I would sure like to meet you all when I come out!

2. Handyman

Handyman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2000
    Greetings LaurenFett,

Wow! We've been getting a lot of new people lately! This is great! :D

Congratulations on getting accepted to BYU.

You're welcome to join the group anytime!

Later,

3. Toran-Kal

Toran-Kal Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2001
    You're definitely right about that Handyman - we really are getting a lot of new people lately. And that's a very good thing!!

Its good to have you coming to BYU. I'm a student there right now. I'm leaving on my mission in June, but maybe I'll see you when I come back.

4. spoo

spoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2001
    Your link to your pic doesn't work.

Oh yeah, and hi. =)

I'll still be around next fall (I'm a youngin, don't go on my mission till after fall semester)

5. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Ha ha youngin!! ;)

Just copy and paste the pic link and then it will work.

6. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    Okay, I changed my pic...this one's not as good, but I'm wearing my favorite star wars shirt :) I'm so glad you guys are excited about me coming! I'll let you know my arrival date when I find out, and perhaps someone could give me a tour of the campus (or show me their Star Wars collection...:)) Anybody got any good ideas for full-time employment over the summer?

Toran Kal it seems like your pic doesn't work...

7. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Stupid geocities!! :mad:

Just copy and paste the link into the browser.

8. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Greetings Guys,

The reason why you can't link to a Geocities image directly is because of their AUP(Acceptable Use Policy). They don't want you linking to a Geocities image unless you're doing it from a Geocities site.

Here's how to get around it...

After clicking on the link, just put a question mark at the end of the URL and hit enter. Give it a try with these two photos...
    Nifty huh? :D

The reason why this works is because the question mark makes Geocities webservers think that you're sending a query string to a CGI. This is a just a little hole in their security. ;)

Enjoy!

9. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I had to do the same with the picture in my profiel as well.

10. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks for the help, Handyman! I've been viewing the pics on the StarWarsUtah site, and it looks like I'd better buy myself a Star Wars costume before I come out in June. Or perhaps I'll wait until October, so I'll get prime pick of the Episode 2 costumes...

11. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    Oh don't worry too much about the costumes Lauren!! I would say that 90% of the costumes that you see in those pictures are HandyMan's. He owns a ton of them!! Its amazing.

All I have is a Jedi costume. Nothing special like a Vader one or anything like that.

And thanks for the help Handyman. But I decided to make it a little easier and I just put it on starwarsutah.com :D

12. Handyman

May 19, 2000
    Toran-Kal wrote...
    > I decided to make it a little easier and I just put it on starwarsutah.com

Go right ahead. That's what it's there for! ;)

Later,

13. navaren

navaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2001
    Welcome to the boards, Lauren. I look forward to seeing you join the group!

14. LaurenFett

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey, I'm pretty proud of myself...my email to TheForce.Net got onto their Star Wars Ep II page...I was complaining that the new Star Wars trailer didn't come on with Ice Age when I went and saw it. If you read it, please note that the "kiddies" I was referring to as taking to the movie were not my kids; they were my little brothers.

15. Toran-Kal

Apr 23, 2001
    And it looks like your news has started to stir up a lot of people.

I just hope it will be playing with Ice Age when I go to see it this weekend.

16. darthshine

darthshine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 24, 2001
    Wow Handyman your quite the hacker. thats pretty cool.

17. Zasio

Zasio Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 22, 2000
    Run away! Provo's evil! EEEEEVIL, I tell you! AHHHHHH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.