main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ps+ripple

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Rumik, Dec 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rumik

Rumik Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2003
    Hi there,

I've recently bought After Effects 6 Pro and have been having a go at PixelMagic's force lightning tutorial, but imagine my horror when I discover AE6 Pro doesn't have the PS+Ripple plugin. Does anyone know of an alternative in AE6 or (better yet) can someone email me the folder of plugins so I can use them in AE6?

Thanks!

2. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    That is one of many hidden Photoshop effects. If you search the folders that Photoshop was installed to, you can move them to your After Effects plug-in folder. Fig actually made a tutorial for DeadEyesSmiling a while back for this very purpose, so he can probably help you in the morning if you can't fix it. Good Luck!

3. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    You might want to check this thread out.
    It covers most questions about Pixels tut,unlocking PS+Ripple etc.
    Hope that helps :)

Edit:most of the first page of that thread has nothing to do with force lightning,but the rest of it did. :)

4. Rumik

May 22, 2003
    Thanks for the help, but unfortunately I only have Photoshop CS, not 7 anymore so I can't look for the PS+Ripple in there. Would anyone be kind enough to provide a link or email me the filter I need?

rumik@lanwars.org

Thanks.

5. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    Have you tried looking? As I understand it, CS is version 8. Doesn't seem like they would suddenly remove the convention of plug-ins...

6. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    They don't refer to it as 8. [face_plain]

7. Rumik

May 22, 2003
    Yeah I've had a good look, it's definitely not there. Is the filter too big to email? Or are there legal implications I'm unaware of?

Ryan, only just heard you've landed a job with Mr. Lucas - congratulations mate, you deserve it.

8. JaredE

JaredE Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2003
    One thing that I found about that tutorial(which was very good) Is that for me if i used the gassian blur to achieve my glow, I couldnt get the lens flares to work. They would just blend in. If you take your origional footage of the core, make the core width 1 number larger, and make the width variation to 1.000 you can transfer this over your footage with ADD and it will look better. Give it a slight blur!

9. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 8, 2001
    My tutorial sucks. :( I am a horrible writer. I'm so sorry that tutorial is so hard to follow.

However, I am working on a few effects test that will require a new way of creating lighting. So perhaps I will write a version 2.0 tutorial soon. I just finished all my classes at college this semester, so I have a lot of free time now! :D

10. Rumik

May 22, 2003
    I don't think it sucks dude, it's just a little hard to follow for us retards :eek:(

11. QUI_TIN_TARANTINO

QUI_TIN_TARANTINO Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 8, 2002
    "My tutorial sucks"

Ohh No it doesn't........(well it is Panto season) :D

I think it's a great tutorial :)

12. Rumik

May 22, 2003
    no luck still. Can someone email me the filter please?

13. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    How about writing to the Adobe people for Technical Support ?? ;)
    You sound like a great customer - having purchased all the latest versions of their software.

14. Rumik

May 22, 2003
    I got it cheaply, at a discount price [face_clown] Technical support isn't included in that price if u know what i mean. Can't someone just email me the filter please?

15. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Like THAT doesn't instill customer-company trust. ;)

16. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    Having been around here since May of '03, Rumik, I'm sure you are well aware of the general consensus on the practice you just incriminated yourself as participating in. So, good luck with your info search ... too bad you can't use that good ole' legitimate customer Customer Service option. ;)

17. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    well tac dont be so harsh maybe since he spent all this money on this *cough*discounted*cough* software he has no money and he thinks he has to pay to call the toll free techical support.

so to end all confusion when they say toll free its a free number so you dont have to pay for it, call on in. ;)

18. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    No, Rumik, go ahead and call customer service. I'm sure they'll be thrilled to hear about every little detail, and fix you right up.

19. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    My friend has successfully called Adobe, not owning any of their products, and gotten technical support.

Now, this isn't to say he has any of them in his possession, illegally, either, because we were calling on behalf of the school, from home, so we didn't have any license info.

However, since you're in need of a file, I doubt they'd send it without proof of ownership.

20. Rumik

May 22, 2003
    Well thanks, you've all been very helpful. Picking up the sarcasm? Good, cause I'm laying it on pretty thick.

21. JediTAC

Nov 30, 2000
    So am I ..... Good Luck. :D

22. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    sarcasm? me? never.... :p

23. SilverFox0440

SilverFox0440 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    Hey, anything to help a pirate. 9_9