main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PS2 Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by CarbonKnight, Nov 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Hey I like the greatest Hit line, and I have 3 games from it, Tony Hawk 3, Gran Turismo 3, and Jax and Daxter, but what's the deal with them never announcing what games will be greatest hits?

Less than 3 weeks ago I was searching under Metal Gear Solid 2 Greatest Hits and not once was there any announcement, yet now I open my paper and there it is listed. What other Greatest Hits games have just come out?

2. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Devil May Cry
    Twisted Metal: Black

These are also PS2 Greatest Hits. I have always liked how Sony does the GH line. Starting from the PSX, I always figured it was based on how many sales the game had taken in. If so, why isn't GTA3 a 'Greatest Hit'? I think they've sold plenty of copies so far, and making it a 'Greatest Hit' could possibly sell even more copies to those who never bought it (And don't want to spend $50 on Vice City).

3. CarbonKnight

CarbonKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Yeah again I dont know why that is. I read that the game has to sell only 400,000 copies and be out for 9 months before it can be a greatest hit. GTA3 has sold over 7 million copies, believe it or not, and is easily the highest selling game on the ps2. Hopefully it is a GH game at the moment, but I have already bought Vice City.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.