main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PS2 will whoop your ***!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Franz Flash, Feb 11, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franz Flash

Franz Flash Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 1999
    Well, I haven't played any of the games you're talking about (except Driver for PC) so I can't really respond to that. And the fact that there's only 2 ports pisses me off too but that's not too late to change.

But there's loads of great sequels too, you know. The Resident Evil series, Gran Turismo 2, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, Metal Gear Solid, Wipeout 2 & 3 (the one for N64 sucked).

2. Captain_Panaka

Captain_Panaka Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 2000
    Man the PSX2 is so high and some people can't afford it. But why people want to have a video game system that played DVD not just video game. I am worry about the price.

3. Spartacus151

Spartacus151 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2000
    Actually, it is too late for 4 controller ports on the PS2. The main reason it has only 2 is because the architecture of the motherboard only left room for 2 controller inputs. However, Sony has plans to develop controllers that plug in through the PS2's USB ports, which will allow for 4 players. Don't expect to see this soon though. Now you also have people that will talk about PS2 having a multi-tap, however, look at the old playstation, most of their popular multiplayer games didn't really use it that much. But with the right hardware, from the rumors I hear, you will be able to plug in several PS2s together to make even more than 4 players at a time. However, the internet brings up a very good question, do we really need more controllers on the system to make good multiplayer games? All 3 new systems(Dolphin, PS2, and Dreamcast) will use the internet to play head to head with other players. I mean imagine playing a game of basketball with 5 completely different people against 5 completely different people, we wouldn't even need computer controlled players. And I can hardly even imagine all the different online tournaments that will be going on. As somebody else said above, you won't have to worry about somebody else slowing down the game, we will all have the same hardware. I would say that the new systems will actually be better at online gaming than a computer. Now I know many people will disagree with me on this but think about it. All the good games that will be coming out for computers will also be coming out for either Dolphin or PS2, or probably both. Plus like I said above we will all have the same system. We won't have to constantly upgrade with the new 3D accelerater or other cards like that. It will be a lot easier.

4. Franz Flash

Jun 9, 1999
    I have to say you're terribly right there. I would be awsome to play games like Wipeout, Tekken or sports over the Internet with the same harware etc. Too bad there's still a phone company who wants their money (I pay /minute, it's disgustingly expensive). The last months phone bill was $75. Imagine the double. I gotta get a work. Or join Fight Club so I won't have to surf.

5. Spartacus151

Jan 7, 2000
    I would say that Sony is in real trouble with this new system. The release price will probably be $360, and even with that high price they will still be losing $180. They are depending on their software to pull them through. Rumor has it that Sega will be dropping the Dreamcasts price to $150 before the PS2 is released in the US. Also, the reason the details on Dolphin have been so small is because Nintendo will release all the info before PS2's launch. All that will take away from PS2. Plus, one of Nintendo's main goals is to make Dolphin extremely easy to write for. PS2 will play music CDS, DVD movies, PSX games, and of course PS2 games. That sounds a lot more complexed then a system that only plays video games. One developer even said about PS2,"It's the worst of the Saturn combined with the worst of the N64" For those of you that don't know, the reason the Sega Saturn had no games was because it was a nightmare to develop for. The thing that helped PSX do so well against the N64 was because they had so many 3rd party developers in their corner. Well, now that Dolphin is easier to develop for, I'm sure they will jump ship from PS2 to Dolphin. Plus, the cost to develop for the N64 because of cartriges was very high, now Sony and Nintendo are even. Nintendo will blow Sony out of the water. Here is a very well written article on why Dolphin is better than PS2. It's at http://www.nintendonext.com/news/0146.shtmlwww.nintendonext.com/news/0146.shtml . Enjoy.

6. Spartacus151

Jan 7, 2000
    I would like to first say that I'm sorry for ever trying to defend Nintendo. The don't deserve it. Today they have anounced that Dolphin will not make it out in the year 2000. It will come out sometime in the 3rd quarter of 2001. That totally stinks. They don't stand a chance. Sony will blow them out of the water, Nintendo has had their days. Nintendo has lied and lied to us gamers. They have lied about when games are coming out, about how powerful the Nintendo 64 was supposed to be, and now they've lied about when their new system will come out. From this day forth, I will never buy a Nintendo product, long live Sony, the king of the Videogame world. By the way, for all you like me who are going to buy PS2, The World Is Not Enough, Medal of Honor 2, and Driver 3, I'm pretty sure will be coming out for the new system. As I have said before, I have lost all faith in Nintendo and recommend that all you NOT spend your money on their junk, go buy some quality software from Sony.

7. Franz Flash

Jun 9, 1999
    Are you janking my crank? Why the sudden change of opinion? Well, I know why but if you are such a Nintendo fan you seem to be you wouldn't give up that easily.

They doesn't suck that much. They've made a few good games you know (in the last five years, the ones before -95 was outstanding).

Well, I'm still really anxious to get a PS2 and nothing can change my opinion about Sony. They control my life and wallet and I'm loving it!

8. Yoshi the Green Jedi

Yoshi the Green Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 11, 1999
    Whoa, Spartacus, you just flipped out there. All those posts defending Nintendo, and now "long live Sony, the king of the Videogame world"? Just because the Dolphin is coming out later? Furthermore, did Nintendo actually give a release date of 2000 before this?

9. Yoshi the Green Jedi

Nov 11, 1999
    Actually, the announcement is good for me since there will be a longer time period between my asking my parents for an N64 a year ago and me asking them for a Dolphin when it comes out!

No matter how many delays Nintendo products have, I will always buy Nintendo over Sony as long as they Nintendo makes better games.

10. Franz Flash

Jun 9, 1999
    But they don't make better games.

Oh, that depends on your age of course.

11. Spartacus151

Jan 7, 2000
    Actually, they did PROMISE us that it would come out in 2000. Every website I've been to has said that there is no way Dolphin will come out in 2000, they even listed reasons, but I still believed Nintendo. I told all my friends, "Oh come on, have faith in the big N, they no what they're doing, give 'em a chance." I don't think Nintendo has ever hit a release date they aimed for. I'm sick of it. For example, Perfect Dark was originally supposed to come out in November, it's been delayed and delayed and now has a release date of sometime in May. That's just crazy. Oh, and by the way, YES, Nintendo does make better games. The only reason Sony has any good games is because of 3rd party developers. They wouldn't make games for the 64 because it was too expensive and risky, so Nintendo and Rare had to make practically all the good games. However, Flash does have a piont, if your under the age of, let's say 2, then you want Nintendo, but if you like good games like Medal of Honor, Gran Tourismo, Twisted Metal, Cool Boarders, and Driver, then you want a PSX. Even if you look at some of Sony's "kiddie" games, you can still play them if your an adult, such as Spyro. On the other side, Nintendo's "kiddie" games about make you sick, like Yoshi's Story. Now don't get me wrong, Nintendo had some GREAT games, like SOTE, GoldenEye(I hated Tomorrow Never Dies for PSX), Rogue Squadron, and Smash Brothers, but they still didn't have enough good games. They had better games, but not enough. It's like having 1 soldier with a cannon against 20 soldiers with guns, even though the cannon is way more powerful, it's going to lose to all the gunners. That's how I feel about N64 VS. PSX. Now that I've seen more games that are coming out for the PS2 I really have stopped and thought about it, and then BANG, today I get the news that Nintendo is delaying. That's it, I've taken enough from Nintendo, I will most definately buy the ultimate system, the PS2. It's all about honesty, Nintendo shouldn't have told us they could do a 2000 launch if they had any doubt at all, which I know they had to. This to me, being a HUGE Nintendo, is one of the ultimate forms of betrayal.

12. Captain_Panaka

Feb 17, 2000
    I am plaing to buy a PSX2 but is is to high. It is like a hold pay check buy why is everybody not worry about the price. I hear it will be $300.00 but still the price some people in this world who are vidoe gamer can't afford a system that does anything remmeber that!

13. Franz Flash

Jun 9, 1999
    I payed about $350 for my PS in...it must have been -95.

I'm still surprised of your sudden hatred against N. A few days ago you defended them with your life. They're obviously loosing customers when delaying stuff like that. Give up Nintendo and hop over to Sony. You won't be dissapointed.

Take a look at this and you'll feel better.

http://absolute.simplenet.com/lacey/034.jpg

[This message has been edited by Franz Flash (edited 02-25-2000).]

14. Franz Flash

Jun 9, 1999
    Dang, the pic didn't work.

I had the 2nd best dream of my life last night! I dreamed I bought a PS2! Oh, it was so wonderful. Actually I've dreamed that before but when I got home it didn't work. This was like a sequel to that dream. I also dreamed there was no good games so it was pointless buying it. Thank you for that, Spartacus!

15. Franz Flash

Jun 9, 1999
    I must post those pics.

http://www.playstation.com/news/ps2/callout_1.gif
    http://www.playstation.com/news/ps2/callout_2.gif
    http://www.playstation.com/news/ps2/callout_3.gif

Oh my, what a beauty!

16. Yoshi the Green Jedi

Nov 11, 1999
    Don't imply I like Nintendo because I'm a kid. I've never played Yoshi's Story (my user name is Yoshi because he's my favorite racer in Mario Kart 64) or Elmo's Adventure or whatever. I'm not ashamed to play Mario or Zelda or Super Smash Bros even if they have some childish elements. To me, a game doesn't have to be "adult" to be good. In fact, I hate it when some games stock up on blood and guts.

It is my opinion that Nintendo makes better games, and it isn't because I'm a child.

17. Spartacus151

Jan 7, 2000
    I can't believe we made it to 2 pages!! I'm so happy and proud!! I would like to thank everybody who made this possible, I'd like to thank my parents, and most importantly I'd like to thank George Lucas for making Star Wars so that this forum could be made.

18. Spartacus151

Jan 7, 2000
    Yeah, I hear where you'are coming from. Like I said, Nintendo does make better games. I LOVE Zelda. After I got it for Christmas I played almost nonstop for 4 days. I still love it. However, there just aren't enough games for it, and I'm not waiting a year for the Dolphin to come out. Nintendo is saying about Dolphin exactly what they said about the Nintendo 64, it will be easier to develop for. And they were even wrong about the release date, big time. Nintendo is just one delay after another. Plus they are still charging high prices to develop for their systems. It's sad.

19. Captain_Panaka

Feb 17, 2000
    Hey you know PSX2 is to high. I am planning to buy it but some people can't. Some people have lw imcome and some just can't afford it. I am lucky that I work in a office 5 day a week and earn big money but let think about the price of this PSX2 and people who will be up set who owner the current PSX.

20. Spartacus151

Jan 7, 2000
    However, you also have to look at the price. There is no way you are going to get a PS2 for under $300. So when it's released in the U.S., I want to be able to get the System($300), atleast 2 games(2x$50) and an extra controller(atleast $30), that all adds up to around $430, and I don't even know the prices for sure, so it will probably be much higher. That's pretty expensive, I know I don't have $430 just sitting around my house. However, I'll be getting it in Semptember, so I have plenty of time to save my money. But for now, all I can do is sit around dreaming about it and drooling over all the screenshots I can get my hands on.

21. Franz Flash

Jun 9, 1999
    Ya, I'm worried about the price too. I get about $100 from the State and that's about it. Well, I've sent away a few job applications and I'm gonna work all summer but I'm gonna spend most of that money on travelling. Actually I have no idea how to get $400.

22. Yoshi the Green Jedi

Nov 11, 1999
    If you're worried about prices, wait till you see my parents reaction when I tell them the price for any game console! (plus the games, plus the controllers, etc.)

23. Franz Flash

Jun 9, 1999
    At least you won't have to pay for it yourself. I gotta beg for money on the street to afford it. But I'll be worth every penny.

24. Spartacus151

Jan 7, 2000
    I know my parents won't pay for it for me either, I'll have to earn it myself. However, my family doesn't own a DVD player so I might be able to convince them into helping me pay for it. I sure hope the games are cheap. Plus, I've entered some contests to win a PS2, even though the chances are slim, there's still a chance I could win. Another thing, it's official that The World Is Not Enough will be out in time for Christmas. There are so many awesome games coming out, I'm still not sure want I'll get. The day it's release I might get Gran Turismo 2000. They have confirmed that it will have over 1,000 licenced cars. That will be awesome. I also think I might get Tekken Tag Tournament, it's supposed to be real good. However, the PS2 isn't going to be coming to the U.S. for a few months, so that leaves me some time to change my mind on what to get about a million times. Who knows, there might still be a secret game in development that they're going to talk about at E3, I doubt it though.

25. Franz Flash

Jun 9, 1999
    Aw, those japs will get it in 22 days. Does anyone know a date for Europe? I've heard September.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.