main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pseudo Star Wars Fans

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by WatchmanOfIego, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WatchmanOfIego

WatchmanOfIego Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    Ever since the release of the highly-acclaimed Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, I have met several people who call themselves Star Wars Fans. My one complaint about KOTOR is that it makes losers think they know about Star Wars. 1. Juhani who claims to be a Cathar is human-looking, completely incorrect according to The Alien Anthology, 2. Now people know who Naga Sadow is (but I bet none of them could tell me his rival in becoming Sith Lord was Ludo Kressh), and 3. What's with the added line to the Jedi Code - "There is no chaos, there is harmony". There are more in the game, but these are a few that I really hate. So to everyone who signed up because they like KOTOR (and only if you signed up for that reason), what is a Duinuogwuin?

No true fans give the answer away...

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Huh?

If someone is attracted to the Star Wars franchise via a game, via LEGO, via a PEZ dispenser, who cares.

I can't answer your EU question, but it doesn't stop me being a SW fan for over 25 years.

3. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    He calls himself a big fan, and he's only been on the forum for all of 4 posts.

Hilarity.

I've been watching the movies for 14 odd years, Duinuogwuins, whatever they are, are not canon.
    Even if they were canon, I still would'nt know how to pronounce it. QED. I am the biggest Star Wars fan ever.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    i liek star wasr

5. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    i think the real question is, does anyone really give a crap? i sure dont.

6. WatchmanOfIego

Jun 22, 2004
    I just always saw Star Wars as a safe haven between addict video gamers and Dungeon & Dragons players and now it isn't. By the way, I never joined a forum because I never saw the need to discuss things to which I already know the answers or complain, until I got KOTOR and realized the source of a problem: I have people coming up and bothering me with "how much they know" when they don't. I thought true fans might have the same propblem. Sorry.

If you're interested, a Duinuogwuin is known as a "star dragon" in Galactic Basic. They live on Iego primarily, along with the deep space angels. I'm sorry for being bitter.

By the way SoloCommand: I am a far bigger fan than you and know more than what you would ever comprehend. Also, most people at this site have probably been watching the movies for just as long.

jp-30: I'm not one for being mainstream, and with all these video games... well, you get it.

JoinTheSchwartz: thanks for lightening the mood

darthgoat: an educated answer if ever saw one. May the sarcasm be with you.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Oh, please, come on.

Look, I could answer your question about the Star Dragons. Happy? But doesn't make me a l33t Star Wars fan or anything. In fact, I think I'm a mediocre fan. I haven't seen the movies in AGES, and I don't own any merchandising stuff, not even a single T-Shirt or action figure.

So please, relax and let everyone enjoy their hobbies the way they want. :)

8. WatchmanOfIego

Jun 22, 2004
    Whoa buddy! Sounds like you need to calm down yourself.

Anyways, my point is: I study Star Wars and I don't like people who can't back their arrogance. I just don't like people trying to be cool... sorry again.

9. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    WatchmanOfIego: Gah, and may the arrogance be with you, damn, you cant say you are more a fan than anyone else.

If you think your so great why not just tell someone who is intrested? like a rabid bear, make sure to cover yourself with raw steak to make sure he listens to you talk, if he comes at you dont run away, it just means he's intrested.

j/k

Nah, but a little advice man, if you want to make friends, dont try and put yourself above. at all. ever.

Just because you know a little bit of info some other people dont deosnt make you a better fan, it just means you know an irrelivent fact.

Plus, there are people on here could ask you simalar questions and you probobly wouldnt be able to answer, even if you could, big whup.

:) welcome by the way, just dont wear it out ;)

10. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    I am a far bigger fan than you and know more than what you would ever comprehend. Also, most people at this site have probably been watching the movies for just as long.

LOL, so? I don't really care that I've got 10 Star Wars EU novels and have only read 2 of 'em.
    I like Star Wars. I've been 'following' it for a good few years. I criticise George Lucas's work.
    I am a Star Wars fan.
    I'm also quite proud of my grip on reality if you don't mind me showing that off.

I don't like people who can't back their arrogance.

Then maybe you should go onto a hardcore message board like the one on starwars.com or supershadow.com

11. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > They live on Iego

I [face_love] Lego!

12. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Then maybe you should go onto a hardcore message board like the one on starwars.com or supershadow.com

[face_laugh]

13. master_jedi21

master_jedi21 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2003
    about that...pseudo fans probably would go to supershadow.

14. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    I became a Star Wars fan way back when I first played Dark Forces and for years my star wars knowledge came from the movies and anything with Kyle Katarn in it. Now I?ve read many of the novels and played pretty much all the video games (excluding a few of the PT ones) and i think its a great thing if people play KOTOR and start to get a feel for the universe, it wets there appetite for more and a larger fan base means more material because they know its going to sell, and damn it we need Dark Force's 5 Jedi Master*.

I also wouldn't brag about how much you know about star wars because I?m sure most people on this board could think of a question off the top of there head that you couldn't answer.

*Dark Force?s 5 Jedi Master, would not only return to the original name of the franchise, but would allow you to play as Kyle Katarn again, this time in the New Jedi Order, on his journey to become a Jedi Master, because as we all know he becomes one at the end of TUF, and lets face it a video game with Vong in it. That?s just sweet.

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Damn, I hate sourcebooks...

//burns WotC stuff//

16. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Vong pratte!

What did I just say?

No, really. [face_whistling]

17. PolvinKut

PolvinKut Jedi Youngling

Jul 2, 2003

[image=http://i.myspace.com/71/77/827717/12205954_l.jpg]

18. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    That's the first time I got a graphic lol! Sweet! :cool:

19. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
    Honestly, I like Star Wars and the EU doesn't stop me from hating the movie storylines. The point of EU is to help shape the past and the future from the movies and that games like KotOR help make people imagine the history of Star wars as a whole and not from the movies.

Like I said, I like Star Wars for 6 years and EU doesn't stop me from hating the real thing.

20. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    > I like Star Wars for 6 years and EU doesn't stop me from hating the real thing.

You should put that in your sig!

21. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    What is supershadow ? This that a leet hardcore fanboy forum ?

22. WatchmanOfIego

Jun 22, 2004
    Sorry if I came on alittle strong or like I was about to do some stand-up: "Don't you just hate it when..."

My original intention was this: Don't pretend to be someone your not, don't pretend to have extensive knowledge about things you don't. I never directed it at any of you, but rather at the people who say, "Oh yea, I'm soo cool. I know who Naga Sadow is. I know about some Star Wars stuff that's not in the movie." Sure it may be the beginning of a liking towards Star Wars for someone, but if it takes a video game to do that, get real.

Star Wars is becoming more mainstream and I just wanted to know if people are having to deal with people who try to be something they aren't. I've had kids come up to me, quizzing me on my knowledge. I just think that people should know that there is more to Star Wars than the movies and video games. I love Star Wars, you love Star Wars, and some people act. I don't like the third ones. Thats all.

23. General_BlackLegion

General_BlackLegion Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2004
  24. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    Arggh, who cares, to say I am a bigger Star Wars fan than you is dang immature. We all like it in some shape or form and that's all that matters.

25. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    What is supershadow ? This that a leet hardcore fanboy forum ?

What? No. No. No. Supershadow doesn't exist. no one said anything about him. Forget about it. You didn't. Hear. Anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.