main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV PSP and iTunes

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by GersonSith, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Does anyone know for sure if you can transfer songs from iTunes to a PSP? I don't think it can be done directly, but is there some sort of workaround or 3rd party software conversion?

2. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    Well to my knowledge the PSP uses like the sony memory stick pro duo, the same as a lot of the newer sony cameras use. i didn't think it had any internal memory.

3. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    it has a hard drive in it, and can connect to a pc with a usb cable, and you can import a cd into it, but I was just wondering about itunes format songs.

4. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    what format does itunes use??? cause i thought they were just mp3 format.

5. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    They use aac and m4a, i think.

6. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    Ever figure this out, Gerson?

7. GoBleepYourself

GoBleepYourself Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2005
    I'm not Gerson, but I've got some cryptic advice for you. Also, I'm no lawyer, so don't drag me into any legal mess that may arise.

I think you can still find it floating around the net...maybe over at SourceForge, there was a project involving RE-ing the iTunes DRM scheme so you could port it to another device other than the iPod for your personal use only.

Might even search /. for the articles from about Q4 of last year about how Apple was trying to adjust the DRM to make fair use even harder.

I'm curious to know what your opinion is of the PSP. Not ready to buy one just yet. Not exactly the early adopter guinea pig that I used to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.