main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Psyco Killer (Zekk, Kyp songfic, YJK, slight J/Z/K)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lusa_Thul, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lusa_Thul

Lusa_Thul Jedi Master star 4

Sep 9, 2004
    So, in case Zoom In didn't give it away, I've totally gotten addicted to writing Zekk and Kyp as buddies. [/shameless_plug] So, anyways, I got this plot bunny, and I thought it was really rather clever. It's set just after Jedi Under Seige, when Zekk is still recovering, but before he takes off to be a bouty hunter. Enjoy! :)

Disclaimer: Song used is 'Psyco Killer', by the Talking Heads, who are totally my favorite band ever! Yeah, thats right, Miss Broadway Chick is a big Talking Heads fan! Because they just rock that hard, thats why!

I can't seem to face up to the facts
    I'm tense and nervous and I
    Can't relax
    I can't sleep 'cause my bed's on fire
    Don't touch me I'm a real live wire

Zekk?s emerald eyes snapped open, jerking him from the grips of his latest nightmare. Taking a ragged breath, he tried to still his racing heart, with only partial success. Fighting his way free of the tangles sheets and shoving sweat-soaked hair out of his face, he sat up, trying to banish the imaged of the dream, and failing. If it had been a normal nightmare they might have faded, but not in this case. Memories fade much harder than dreams.

?Glad to see you?re awake.? A voice interrupted his thoughts, ?I was getting bored.?

Zekk snapped his head in the direction of the sound, wondering how he had missed the fact that there was someone else in the small temple room he was staying in. The man who sat watching him, booted feet propped up on a small table, looked like an older version of himself, with dark, uncut hair and hard green eyes. ?Who are you?? He asked warily.

?Kyp Durron.? Hi visitor replied. ?You may have heard of me, although people generally tend to attach something like, ?Destroyer of Carida? or ?Slaughter of Billions? to my name.? He explained nonchalantly. Seeing Zekk?s mute nod, he continued, ?Master Skywalker thought you might want someone to talk to, and I got voted for the job.?

Psycho Killer
    Qu'est-ce que c'est
    fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
    Run run run run run run run away
    Psycho Killer
    Qu'est-ce que c'est
    fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
    Run run run run run run run away

Zekk swallowed hard, wondering what to say, how to begin. He could not even bring himself to talk about his time with the Shadow Academy to Jaina; how could he be expected to do it with a complete stranger?

Seeing his uncertainty, Kyp?s expression turned almost serious, with only a lingering hint of sarcasm still visible in his eyes. ?I know how hard it is, trust me.? He said softly. ?It sounds cliché, I know, but I actually do know what you?re going through. I was about your age when I fell.?

?Does the guilt ever go away?? Zekk asked, his voice no more than a desperate whisper in the dark.

?No.? Kyp replied, dark hair swinging across his face as he shook his head. ?Not really. You learn to ignore it eventually, but it?s always there.?

You start a conversation you can't even finish it.
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything.
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed.
    Say something once, why say it again?

?So it always hurts this much?? The younger man asked, fighting a lump in his throat that was part despair, part terror.

Kyp nodded, his expression nonchalant, despite the seriousness of the conversation. The only exception was his eyes, which were hard and distant with the unimaginable pain of memory. ?Yeah, pretty much. Like I said, you get used to it after a while.? More sympathetically, he added, ?You?ll find your own way to live with it, trust me. I cope using a combination of attitude and recklessness. I act like it never happened, like it didn?t hurt me, like I?m fine, even though none of those are true.? He shrugged expressively. ?You do what you have to to survive.?

?Yeah,? Zekk nodded, looking away, ?I guess you do. I can handle that.? He added, almost to himself, letting him mind stray back for a moment to the hell that live in Coruscant?s

2. Vongchild

Vongchild Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2004
    Zekk and Kyp buddies rock! :D Awesome fic, Lusa

3. Jedi_Bubbles

Jedi_Bubbles Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Wow.

That was... wow. It was great! You had their characters dead on. Wicked job.

4. Lyrienne

Lyrienne Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2004
    Wow, I LOVED this. :D My two favorite boys having a heart to heart! You simply rock. =D= It makes perfect sense that Kyp would feel some kind of kinship with Zekk, especially at that point. Absolutely lovely. [face_love]

5. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Very nice! =D= I really enjoyed it.

6. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Very nice.=D=

I always liked the idea of Kyp becoming a friend/mentor of Zekk's.

7. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    VC

Hehe, thanks! They're so fun to write! And, in a way, it's all your fault for suggesting Kyp for Zoom In! Kudos! :)

Jedi_Bubbles

Awww, thanks! I always try to get characters right, and I'm always worried I'll be off! Glad I wasn't! :)

Lyrienne

Thanks bunchies!

It makes perfect sense that Kyp would feel some kind of kinship with Zekk, especially at that point.[/b]

Yeah, the more I started thinking about it, the more I thought so, too! And this is comming from the girl who was totally Miss Anti-Kyp at one point! But he's so much fun to write, especially when he's with Zekk, that I've totally gotten addicted it him! :D

JoE

Why thank you! I live to please! :p

[bemeraldshadow[/b]

Many thanks!

I always liked the idea of Kyp becoming a friend/mentor of Zekk's.

I really do, too! You never see any of it in the books. (Actually, I think Kyp kinda shows up in one of the YJK books, but I don't remember if they actually talk.) But I think its something that would make a lot of sense! :)

8. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    You know what I hate about songfics? The way they sink so incredibly fast! They're very tricky to keep track of! Up up up! :)

9. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    This was really great. I love both Zekk and Kyp, and I think that you totally captured their characters right on. Kyp's "I was getting bored"--hilarious! And Zekk's thoughts on what happened were heartbreaking and accurate--because he really was just a starving kid looking for a better life, and who can blame him for that?

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Definitely enjoy these buddy fics with Zekk and Kyp. :)

11. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Great Job! That was awsome. I think it really would have helped Zekk if he had talked to Kyp after his fall. Kyp could definatally sympathize. Awsome Job!

12. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    SakuraTsukikage

Why thank you! I'm really loving writing these two together! Especially angst, becuase they're so different at it!

Healer_Leona

Many thanks! They're quite fun to write! :)

princess_melissa

Thanks! Yeah, I think Kyp would sympathize, in his own snarky way! After all, their stories are so similar! :)

13. CloneCommanderCody

CloneCommanderCody Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2006
    Nice job Lusa Thul=D=

14. JayaMioneDurron

JayaMioneDurron Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    WOW that was really really cool.

i so love K/Z interaction. they have so much in common.

also created by the best author ever. must say though that left me speachless

15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    wow that was just so wow that was awesome =D=

16. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    CloneCommanderCody

Why thank you! :)

JayaMioneDurron

Aww, thank you! I really am starting to fall in love with writing Z/K, because there's jsut so much you can do with it! I'll have to try it more often, espceially sonce people seem to like it so much! :)

JediFalcon

Thanks bunchies! Had fun writing it! :)

17. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    amazing job! this is a great song!

18. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    skywalkerlover00

Why thank you! Yeah, I'm crazy about this song, mostly because I, like, worship Talking Heads! :p

19. Grand Admiral Wettengel

Grand Admiral Wettengel Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 10, 2000
    The two of them did have a bit of a chat like this in Return to Ord Mantell.

20. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Aww, great job! I love it! [face_love]

21. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Grand Admiral Wettengel

Yeah, that's waht I thought. It's the one YJK book I don't own, and although I remembered Kyp showing up, I couldn't remember if he actually talked to Zekk or not! :)

ZG

Why thank you! I had fun writing it! :)

22. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I was so sure I'd responded to this - I read it, I loved it and the idea behind it is -perfect-!!

Wondeful Job Lusa, even if I didn't say it before. Kyp makes the logical person for Zekk to find understanding with. and they make such good friends :D

23. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Jade_Max

Don't worry, I do that so much its embarassing! I think I reply to something, then a few days later I check back and realize I totally never did! :p

And thanks! I seriously used to be really against Kyp, but I really liked the way Dennings wrote him in Dark Nest, so I've started to have a change of heart! I like that his past is similar enough to Zekk's to let them be really nice to write together, but different enough for them to be able to react to each other in different ways, if that makes any sense! :p

24. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    I really liked how you showed that Kyp and Zekk are similar and yet they are so different.

Great work....

FL @};-

25. Lusa_Thul

Sep 9, 2004
    Flowerlady

Why than kyou! I've always found that interesting, too! Granted, they are by the same author... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.