main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series PT Anakin vs. TCW Anakin

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Coruscanti Window Cleaner, May 30, 2015.

?

PT Anakin vs. TCW Anakin?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2015.
  1. PT Anakin

2.4%
  2. TCW Anakin

75.6%
  3. All the same to me

22.0%
  4. Undecided

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Matt Lanter's Anakin is the only Anakin I like outside of Sebastian Shaw.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Except that when Obi Wan describes him the OT, that's not really the vibe that he gives off. He makes it sound like Anakin was this swashbuckling adventurer who loved excitement and danger, at least to me.

darth_revan96 likes this.
  3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yoda strongly implies that this is not the way Jedi are:

"Adventure! Ha! Excitement! Ha! A Jedi craves not these things."

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. darth_revan96

darth_revan96 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 18, 2015
    Anakin is actually humanized by the TCW show. Obi-Wan, in ANH, says "he was the best Star pilot in the galaxy and a cunning warrior" and "he was a good friend". TCW actually makes you believe all of these statements are true. The prequels make it hard to believe anything Obi-Wan said to Luke was true.

Kev Snowmane and jakobitis89 like this.
  5. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I believed Anakin was the best pilot and a cunning warrior just from the movies.

But that says little about Anakin, who was seduced by the dark side. Luke craved adventure and excitement, and was much like his father.

6. Darth Saxman

Darth Saxman Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    "he was the best Star pilot in the galaxy and a cunning warrior" and "he was a good friend"

More militaristic in build, with a more stoic, serious, intimidating, deliberate persona can still fit this recollection by Obi Wan. I don't mean that he would have to be stone cold and serious 100% of the time --- he's human, of course, and I'm sure there would be lighter moments that he and Obi Wan could cleverly share.

7. Kev Snowmane

Kev Snowmane Jedi Master star 3

Jan 1, 2013
    They did have their moments though, like in the airspeeder in AOTC, or during the Battle of Courescant.