PT and OT in one sitting.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by simpsonjedi, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. simpsonjedi Jedi Master

star 1
    Does anyone know if GL has any plans to shoot additional footage or use old footage to weave the movies together so we can see them all in one continuous sitting will he leave them as is? I would love to have additional footage to make it one movie since GL has said that it is all one big story. If he did not have other footage, I could live with a simple message in between the films like in between TPM and AOTC, he could put TEN YEARS LATER and so on. Any thoughts?
  2. Spacehunter24 Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't be surprised if he did it. I heard there might be a shot of Amidala in ROTJ when Leia is talking about her mother, and I heard we might see Bail Organa on Alderaan shortly before the Death Star destroys it. I guess we'll see in a couple years.
  3. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    I don't think this will happen!

Lucas has recently said he has no plans of releasing the Original versions of the OT on DVD, because the Special Edition version is the finished version!

So, we can deduce from that, that Lucas regards the S/E as the final, untimate version of the OT. There willnot be another version, IMO.

BTW, I really hope that at some point, the 6 movies are edited together into one long 12 hour film, as Lucas always intended! Just remember to take a pillow and something to eat. ;)
  4. plutoneam Jedi Knight

star 3
    The final very muscial second or so at the end of each film would go very well with the Star Wars logo popping up along with a big musical clash. You would only need the 'along time ago...' at the beginning of episode 1 though. I thougt I might try that sometime..... but tapes don't run that long with out looking like crap.
  5. Scott3eyez Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm already planning my Star Wars day...

10:30am- Watch TPM in bed, in place of the usual saturday morning cartoons...

12:30pm- Eat a big breakfast, watch AOTC.

3:00pm- Rush to the cinema to watch Episode III.

5:30pm- calm down, eat dinner.

6:00pm- Watch Episode IV

8:00pm- Watch Episode V

10:00pm- Watch Episode VI

Midnight- Go to bed and have strange dreams about lightsabers...

All I need to make the day complete is for the Episode III premiere screening to be at around 3pm on a Saturday or Sunday...
  6. yodaschum Jedi Master

star 4
    Midnight- Go to bed and have strange dreams about lightsabers...

[face_laugh]

I find it very, very hard to watch the OT and PT and treat them as part of the same series. They just seem like two entirely different film series. [face_plain]

So that Ultimate Super Edition is going to happen and that means more CGI inserted into the OT and that in turn means more broken hearts.
  7. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Interesting points....

I need to take a day and sit and watch the OT again...

It has been years since I have watched them...

But then again, I pretty much have them memorized in my head...but it never hurts to refresh everything. :D
  8. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nice schedule, Scott3eyez :D

I've already done the TPM-AOTC-ANH-ESB-ROTJ run once, so I'm looking forward to doing it for all 6.
  9. amien Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know how anyone could watch 6 movies in a row. Maybe one movie a day, but all of them right after the other? I'd probably fall asleep.
  10. Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I've done stranger things - like reading all the Harry Potter books one after another while taking notes. Didn't get bored. 8-}

Aunecah
  11. amien Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's amazing. Maybe I could watch like two movies in a row if I hadn't seen them before; but I've seen all the Star Wars movies a million times so I wouldn't be able to tolerate it.
  12. urgent_jedi_picnic Jedi Master

star 4
    If you add up all the films, it'll actually be 13 hours or so, since each film is about 10 minutes over 2 hours.

That's one long sitting, but i'll probably do it at some point in my life.

The Picnic :eek:
  13. Jedi_Master201 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm the same way as amien, I don't think I'd be able to do this. One movie a night should be sufficient.
  14. Kendu_Knight Jedi Master

star 4
    I was actually planning on doing that tomorrow in celebration of the first day of summer vacation, and then again when I see one of my many viewings of Episode III. Heh. It'll be wierd watching the movies tomorrow without the middle, of course.
  15. CoolyFett Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope something like that does happen. I posted something like this 5 months ago called "over 12 hours of the force" but I dont know where it went, but anyway If they dont all come back to the movies for something like that. Ill just do it my self. I have a very nice entertainment system
  16. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm gonna be saving the pennies to get the best possible system to see them on, whenever the DVD of Ep3 comes out...

13 hours of Star Wars will be difficult...but I want to do it at least once in my life. I haven't seen more than 1 SW film at a time since, hmm, around October actually.

It'll need a little planning. I don't think you can just wake up and go "Hmm! Think I'll watch all the Star Wars films today." ;)
  17. rpeugh Force Ghost

star 4
    I have watched the OT in one sitting before, but I just cant seem to be able to watch all existing 5 movies in one sitting. Probably a good way to do this is to have a very intense 90 minute weighttraining workout before you watch them, then take about three scoops of coffegrounds, poor them in a cup, pour boiling water into the cup, and when it is cool enough, gulp it down real fast. This way, you will be so physically tired, all you will want to do is sit on your butt, but at the same time, you wont be able to sleep. The adrenaline and bloodflow from the workout would keep you awake for atleast 3 hours without the coffe anyway, but the coffe will ensure that you stay awake for a month.

And by the way, those of you who say you havnt watched the OT in a while, I hope you are not the same people that say the PT is too different than the OT. I alternate between an OT movie and PT movie all the time, and I just dont notice a huge difference.
  18. Scott3eyez Jedi Master

star 4
    >>>I don't know how anyone could watch 6 movies in a row. Maybe one movie a day, but all of them right after the other? I'd probably fall asleep.

My solution;

Coffee to fight the tiredness, and a few "hand-rolled cigarettes" to fight the restlessness...
  19. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    I just thought that I might do something like this....

About 5:30/6:00 PM - watch TPM

about 8:30 PM - watch AotC

head to the theater...

Midnight - watch Ep. 3

about 3:00 AM - watch ANH

about 5:30 AM - watch ESB

about 8:00 AM - watch RotJ

Of course....my daughter would have to cooperate...and I would not have to go to the bathroom for that period of time. :p
  20. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I don't think I could watch through the whole saga continuously. I attempted to watch the OT continuously and failed. I got through ESB and then I fell asleep. If I couldn't watch the entire OT in one sitting how am I gonna accomplish the saga?
  21. Spacehunter24 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've watched the OT in one sitting more than once. Even though I snacked on some candy and had some drinks during it, I had no trouble staying awake.

I once watched the BACK TO THE FUTURE trilogy in one sitting, and it was amazing. It really did feel like one entire movie since they all really do start where the previous one ends. Since it was a few years ago, I'm gonna do it again as soon as I get my replacement BTTF2 and 3 DVDs.
  22. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ahhh...you're taking it to a new level, Jedi_Satimber ;)

Watching all 6 films on Ep3 LAUNCH day, that would be a challenge all right...
  23. Leto II Jedi Master

star 6
    I wouldn't be surprised if he did it. I heard there might be a shot of Amidala in ROTJ when Leia is talking about her mother, and I heard we might see Bail Organa on Alderaan shortly before the Death Star destroys it. I guess we'll see in a couple years.
    In fact, Jimmy Smits as much as mentioned in an interview last year in Maxim that Lucas has in fact discussed with him shooting new footage of an "older" Bail Organa for inclusion in Episode IV...he joked that it might be of him looking up at the Death Star, and screaming. ;) The implication is that this new filming would likely take place during the shooting of Episode III, from comments made by him and others.
  24. plutoneam Jedi Knight

star 3
    Right on, Spacehunter! I do that all the time. And by the way, the V2 replacements are much better. ;)

I'll do the same thing I did when ep 2 came out: Watch ep 1 2 days before, ep2 one day before, watch ep3 when it comes out, then watch the OT.
  25. SaberGiiett7 Force Ghost

star 6
    I found the idea of tampering digitally with the OT to make a marathon like this successful to be alarming. [face_shocked]Apply all the CGI muck to the PT you want but, please don't destroy the classic feel of the OT. :(

<[-]> Saber
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.