main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT and OT in one sitting.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by simpsonjedi, May 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Ahh, c'mon, a two-second burst of Smits throwing up his hands and going "AHHHHHH!!" would be priceless :p

2. OBI-GYN_Kenobi

OBI-GYN_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah, that'll really tie together the PT & OT in a way that'll be missing otherwise.....

Lucas has recently said he has no plans of releasing the Original versions of the OT on DVD, because the Special Edition version is the finished version!

And, I have a bridge in Brooklyn I want to sell you..... ;)

Come on. GL isn't going to put the OT on DVD?
    As soon as Ep III is in the can, GL is going to take the OT, 'jazz it up' with some CGI & throw in a bit o' this & a bit 'o that like Smits in ANH & Padme in ROTJ.

Then, he'll release all 6 movies in one complete 'Super Ultimate Star Wars' package about 6 months or a year after the EP III DVD comes out, whenever XMAS comes in that timeline. This way, he gets you to buy it twice like Peter Jackson did with the 'extended income', er, 'extended version' of TLOR films.

As for watching them as one movie, fine. But splicing them into one movie? NO! They're not one movie, they're a series of six seperate but connected stories within one big story taking place over almost 40 years.

3. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Yeah, the whole 12 hour movie idea doesn't work. Star Wars is a series of films, like watching a TV series, except with a much higher budget. Lord of the Rings and Back to the Future fit in better with the concept of one movie because each movie begins where the other ended.

I seriously hope Lucas doesn't make any more alterations to the OT. Adding CGI to the OT is sickening. Leave it in the prequels, it doesn't belong in classic Star Wars. Seeing Jimmy Smits in a movie made in 1977 seems awkward. How old was Jimmy back then? 10?

4. Scott3eyez

Scott3eyez Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2001
    So long as he releases the original versions of the OT as well, he can give Luke an extra CGI head and rename him Zaphod Beeblebrox, as far as I'm concerned...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.