PT books not good??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Deyla_Heren, Apr 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. Deyla_Heren Jedi Master

star 4
    Who here thinks that the larger PT books(not the picture ones) are good?

I don't not at all, but my reason for this is because of bad writing. I don't think the authors explain the characters well, their characteristics. The authors don't make it word by word, they add little things in scenes that don't even make sense! Unfortunately I don't have the ROTS novel yet so I'm not sure how good that author is, but the ones for Ep 1 and Ep 2 are not very good.

What do you think?

Strilo edit: Redundant thread
  2. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Actually I thought the TPM and AOTC novels were really good.
  3. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yep I agree.
    added more stuff to the movies. some of which I would have really liked to see in them ;)

-Mel
  4. Deyla_Heren Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh well, they weren't my faviroute....who else agrees with me?
  5. lightsaber_wielder Jedi Master

star 4
    The first two definitely weren't great. Revenge of the Sith is excellent.
  6. darth_paul Force Ghost

star 5
    I didn't think much of the first two prequel novelisations myself. They had some interesting information, but they just weren't compelling reads. I'm expecting great things from RotS, tough; Stover is probably the best Star Wars author, and his insiht into the Force and into inner darkness makes him ideal for RotS.

By and large, the prequel-era EU books weren't particularly good bebfore the Clone Wars, either, which makes me wonder whether there's just somethig about the nature of the era that's difficult to write compellingly about. There were quite a few good adventures in the OT-era and post-RotJ era. But then, there are a lot more of those books. Who knows?

-Paul
Moderators: Bazinga'd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.