main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeugh

rpeugh Force Ghost star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I guess it would have to involve communicating with Qui Gon through The Force. It could explain a great deal more about how Obi wan was able to achieve immortality through The Force.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. Anakin 99

Anakin 99 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2016
    This sound like interesting episode of a show or short movie not a full-length movie

Mostly Handless likes this.
  3. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    It could be one element of the story. I'm sure young Luke would have a role, perhaps a small one. They'd probably get Joel Edgerton back as Owen. The problem I see is making an Obi-Wan movie that seems high stakes, rather than some regional skirmish on a backwater of the galaxy. An 'Unforgiven' style western does sound pretty good though.

4. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015

I believe in The Last of the Jedi novel tie-ins for ROTS, Obi-Wan left Tattooine to look for other Jedi and stuff. As long as Obi-Wan has an enemy who is as physically capable as him, ill be happy. Would be boring if hes just fighting a few thugs :p

5. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS The Last Jedi SPOILER Pics! Part 58

New SPOILER pics! Luke! More pics of shooting on the salt flats of Bolivia! New TlJ looks for a Stormie, Kylo and Rey from Battlefront 2!

6. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I think one of the chief difficulties in making an Obi-wan film would be juggling the expectations of hard-core fans, with those of the general audience's. I've seen some mentions of staging the film as a western, similar to John Jackson Miller's novel, I don't think this is a bad suggestion, but it does seem to forget the Casual Moviegoers (CMs), who, I assume, would be expecting a certain amount of planet hopping and at least one large scale land/space battle if they've paid for a "Star Wars" ticket.

This issue could be rectified by having the plot of the film centre on Obi-wan carry out one last mission for Yoda, or Bail perhaps a few years after the end of the Clone Wars, before settling in for the long haul on Tatooine, teaming up with a group of mercenaries and bounty hunters for a criminal underworld centric adventure. But this might risk upsetting some fans who would rather 'Old Ben' remain on Tatooine between episodes III-IV.

TBH as much as I love Obi-wan Kenobi the character, I do think Anakin 99 might be right in suggesting that Obi-wan's story in this time period might be better limited to novels (Ahsoka), Comics (Star Wars #7, #15, and #20), and TV episodes (Twilight of the Apprentice).

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Here's my idea: give Obi-Wan the Rogue One treatment. He had a couple lines in TCW explaining how he met Satine before TPM.

Base the movie around that story - it would bring Ewan and Liam back as leads, and would allow guys like Sam Jackson to come back as well.

I'd like it to be in the style of Seven Samurai - maybe have Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Satine, Mace, and 3 other Jedi fighting off hordes of Mandalorian warriors.

Heck we could even see a younger Dooku as part of the group.

Thoughts?

8. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

I would love a Obi-Wan/Satine story. They could make one that even retcons TCW if they want to. Just make the best movie possible. Heck, make a OB1 TRILOGY. I said it before but do a multi-year/story series with Ewan. He can carry a SW film. He carried Clones. He was the best part of the PT IMHO.

9. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    Yep, I could like a Young Obi-wan movie about his time on Mandalore before TPM.

Darkslayer likes this.
  10. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Yes! And I still assert that Ewan could PLAY Young Obi-Wan. Just some makeup, a haircut, and a tiny bit of VFX touchups ala Young Michael Douglas in Ant-Man(but not even that intensive) and it is a go.

No need to recast.

11. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    I'm really liking Kylo's new look! It seems he might be ditching the mask mostly for TLJ and possibly Ep9. And he's got himself a new cape, which I think really suits him! And of course his scar :p

12. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    He's getting more and more like his Grandpa everyday.@};-@};-[face_love]

Also:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Those are some very PTish looking ships and planets.[face_dancing]

13. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
  14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    These are already my favorite ships of the ST:

[​IMG]

So unique!

15. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Yes those are very cool. But very SW-ish. Sort of a gunboat B-Wingy thingy. Best ship of the ST so far isn't that hard seeing that most of the ships from TFA were recycled from the OT.

16. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    This is beyond awesome!

S2N2 and Cryogenic like this.
  17. Darth__Lobot

Darth__Lobot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 29, 2015

I actually *think* the new Star Destroyer (Finalizer) looked pretty cool... but JJ never gave us even ONE good shot of it so I can't be entirely sure. For some reason all the Star Destroyer shots were from way too close in TFA. It's a nitpick that has bothered me ever since my first viewing.

I'm not expert on cinematography or camera work, but I felt like Rogue One was more inline with the feel of the camera work in the OT and PT than TFA was.

18. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Edwards and Lucas both favour a documentary filmmaking style. By contrast Abrams takes after Spielberg, I think this might be why TFA's cinematography stands out so much compared to Episodes I-VI and Rogue One.
    Rian Johnson, Phil Lord & Chris Miller, and Colin Trevorrow will all bring their own styles too, so I think in a few years (and movies) time the difference in styles might not stand out quite as much.:)

19. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001

Did you see it in 3D? There was one shot of it parked above Starkiller I practically had to duck!

20. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
  21. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I find it more than a bit funny that with all of the carping about all the CG in the PT those films had tons of model work while the ST has ZERO. Don't get me wrong, ILM's vfx work in the ST is great and terrific strides have been made since the PT in CG work. However, I think it's funny that the PT was so derided in its day when it had a more balanced use of CG and models than the ST.

Different times I guess.

22. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    Pay close attention to Kylo's battlefront costume...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

23. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I think the point made of Lukes apparent inaction to the return and threat of darkness to the Galaxy, gives rise to some interesting questions...
    Luke has to have been close to his students. The man invested nigh on 30 years of his life into that Academy. And as of yet, we don't have the full sp as to just who perished in that massacre. A bunch of students, yeah. But who else? Perhaps Luke had a wife and child who were slain also?

24. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    That would be an effective catalyst to push him to abandon things and leave for some rock in an ocean.

25. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Maybe he's decided, in Game of Thrones terms to "break the wheel". He's studied the history of the Force, & from the first Sith to Dooku to his father & finally Ben Solo he's concluded that the Jedi inevitably give rise to evil. Time to either rid the galaxy of Force users & destroy all knowledge of the Force, or evolve into something "higher" & less corruptible. I think it's a fascinating direction to take. To me it hints at the ethereal spiritual themes that Lucas hinted would be a focus of a ST that he envisaged.

Samuel Vimes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.