main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT DVD Content and Artwork

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Prisic Duskleap, Aug 16, 2015.

1. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    "Star Wars: A New Star Wars; a tale of wars in the stars, featuring the stars of Star Wars."

2. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It's how it's supposed to be.

Andy Wylde and mes520 like this.
  3. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    I would love for the prequels to be released on blu-ray with their original theatrical posters as the cover art, and all of the content from the dvds restored. I hate how they got shortchanged in the blu-ray release.

Andy Wylde, RainSolo and TX-20 like this.
  4. RainSolo

RainSolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 31, 2015

Agreed. The DVD extras a features for the prequels were some of the best I'd seen, particularly with regards to the design and artwork that went into the films, which always fascinated me. I was thoroughly disappointed with the blu-ray features.

darklordoftech likes this.
  5. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    I'm currently working on a new PT set, it will use the same concept and art as Drew Struzan's 97 Special Edition poster art. I'm just about done with the Phantom Menace and will start work on Attack of the Clones which I think will be the hardest of them all. The size is very huge, it's full cover resolution.

Once I complete the other two, I will post all three of them together. It took about 2 weeks to do the first one, because I am a very busy person, and can only work on them here and there. It's a different concept and will look much better when you look at all 3 of them together.

mes520 likes this.
  6. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    All the swedish Star Wars titels translated to english

Star Wars : The Dark Threat/Menace
    Star Wars : The Clones are Attacking
    Star Wars : Revenge of the Darkness
    Star Wars : Star Wars
    Star Wars : The Space Empire Strikes Back
    Star Wars : The Jedi Returns

7. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005

you know they'll do multiple versions. 6 months after realease....blu ray.....a year after that TFA 1.5...with more features.....3 years later 'ultimate box set'

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    You left out the rest of the quote (which, you seem to do a lot) which, made it funny.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Care to explain how the rest of the quote is relevant to my reply? And I do it whenever it's necessary.

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Andy Wylde like this.
  10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The entire quote is
    "It's funny that the english cover says Star Wars IV : A New Hope. When the swedish cover simply says Star Wars IV Stjärnornas Krig, if you translate the title it would be Star Wars IV : Star Wars [face_laugh]"

Shortening the quote and leaving out stuff ruins the context of quotes and ruined the punchline. And yes I semi-quoted the Joker from the Justice League cartoon.
    Besides did you even read the rest of the quote? How is that not funny? The US title translated into another language made it funny.
    If someone had only seen your quote they would have been missing part of the conversation. That's not honest, wouldn't you agree?

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Except I wasn't questioning the joke, therefore the context of my argument remains. He said that the english cover was funny when the swedish cover was the one that's different. If there's a funny title, it's the swedish one.

Who's arguing if it's funny or not?

If someone feels they are missing out, all they have to do is jump to the original comment (a function available with the quote tag).

Andy Wylde likes this.
  12. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    While I always prefer the original theatrical posters, I must say that the VHS/DVD covers for the prequels were especially appealing. Though something about the trilogy DVD covers seems a little off. The image collages seem a little flat, and the colors seem a bit saturated. I guess the prequel covers look nicer because they had the benefit of being made made not long after the films came out. Either way, all six have a nice sense of unity together. Since I still hang onto my VHS collection, I have a soft spot for those artworks as well.
    [​IMG]

13. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    I have these versions in high resolution:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But the author has specifically asked me not to share them on the internet . I can share them only privately (like he does on here). PM me if you want them.

14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Other posters wouldn't have to jump back if you had included the whole quote from the start and not have to have someone else point it out to them that someone didn't have the full post in his/her reply? How can people judge for themselves if it is funny or not if they don't see the whole quote?
    A comma might have been better but I know to read the whole thing before judging and the translated title works.
    You asked how the original US title was funny. That wasn't what the original poster was fully going for. The translated title in the other language was.

15. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I was always fond of the TPM poster and DVD artwork. I think more there ought to be a few more movies and novels with the antagonist's eyes behind the main characters as we see with Darth Maul. It's truly menacing. It makes me think of Duel of the Fates almost every time I see it. I like the ROTS artwork almost as much.

Shamear likes this.
  16. CarboniteSolo

Oct 11, 2013
    Just giving you'll an update, I'm about 80% done with the entire Prequel Trilogy art, I have a few things left and I will post in about a week or so. I want to make sure it's good to go before I post it.

Prisic Duskleap and mes520 like this.
  17. Jedi-Gambino

Jedi-Gambino Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    I love the dvd artwork and the dvd content. IMO more people need to fall in love with those special features.

I will say though that I love the Blu-ray set best, its cover art is breathtaking and perfect IMO.

The blu-ray set is just too perfect, the only thing I would have added is the Doc:The Legacy Revealed on the last Special Feature disc tho.;)

18. CarboniteSolo

Oct 11, 2013
    I'm still working on these posters that I'm making, it's really difficult, because I like one thing, then I'll change it, then change it again to something else. I now know how George Lucas must have felt, you keep tinkering with it over and over and you're never really happy with it. It really starts to drive you mad.

btw, I love those blu ray cover designs, they are nice.

19. Sithblade11

Sithblade11 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 12, 2013
    It's a shame there hasn't been any webisodes for TFA. It's the only reason I've kept the dvds after getting blue ray box set.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

20. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Those are really nice!!! My only beef is Yoda and the Stormy makeing the cover. Dooku and Boba should have got those covers. What a miss at perfection! Maul, Dooku, Grevious, Vader, Boba and Palpatine would have been too perfect. I never really liked the blu ray trilogy covers with Yoda and Vader on them. The one with Anakin and Luke was great. FOX should have went with the multiple cover release for the Complete Saga. A Tatooine cover, a Darkside cover and a Lightside cover. I still dont understand the yoda and vader covers. They would have been better with a clone helmet for PT and stormy helmet for OT.

21. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    I am considering buying the Steelbooks, should I do it ? (I already own the complete saga box, and the DVDs but those steelbooks look so good :D)

22. iPodwithnomusic

iPodwithnomusic Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2012

I know I will. Right now I've got the PT on DVD and the OT on VHS, so it's about time for me to upgrade :D They look so good I don't know if there will ever be a set that looks better, so no harm in getting it for yourself. Although I don't think future movies will match, so that is a problem for me.

23. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    That's a problem for me as well since I'm a fanatic about how my DVDs/Blu-Rays match on my shelf :p

24. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I second this. I wish they put as much effort into the OT DVD sets. There were so many featurettes that I've come to strongly associate Star Wars with Rick McCallum.

Saga Explorer likes this.
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    In the Swedish VHS release of the Special Editions, the subtitles on the opening crawl of ANH read "Episod IV: Nytt Hopp", which I think is the only time "A New Hope" has been translated into anything but "Stjärnornas Krig" in Swedish.
    So on that release, the Swedish title translated back into English would be:

Star Wars: New Hope

As for the topic, I agree that the PT DVD:s were magnificent (except for the cover art - did not like those poorly photoshoped covers. The same goes for the OT, which were even worse). I wish TFA and subsequent films would get DVD:s that nice as well, but we all know that's not gonna happen.