main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Ezon Pin

No it's a perfectly valid point to say that she does look a little bland and, yeah, generic in the teaser trailer. She totally does, I agree entirely, and given how depressingly cookie-cutter cardboard cut-out BORING the human lead of Godzilla from the same director was... well, it's a warning shot...
    BUT I don't honestly think we can write her off as BEING bland and generic given how very little we've seen of her overall. Lines taken out of context, scenes taken out of sequence and all of it done and dusted in about 90 seconds. If we get the full trailer and she's STILL got nothing else but 'sarcasm, blows stuff up' as characterisation, that's when I will be worried. And disappointed, too.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  2. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

Oh very true and I agree. We have nothing much to criticize.

The director of Godzillia....I think, that we would get one really awesome character(Bryan Craston) kill him off and replace him with an un-interesting one(his son[face_laugh])

3. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    When a big green angry lizard with nuclear breath is more relatable and sympathetic than the human lead, you've got to at least question what's up with that? And then take one of the finest actors around, give him pretty much the only actual characterisation any human gets in the whole film and then kill him off early doors and red lights of doom start flashing. On the other hand, this IS being sold more as a war/action piece than a deep character exploration and Godzilla shows the man can do spectacle damn well.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  4. Antpocalypse

Antpocalypse Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 26, 2016
    Just here to add my 2 cents:

I really loved some of the visuals in the trailer, mostly the space shots of the Death Star and the cruiser and those of the AT-AT's. The director really does know how to give a sense of scale well.

Don't really know enough about the main lead to pass judgement but she looks good to me and seems to have decent acting skills. Will need to see more to make any judgement.

Yes, it is sad that we get more deserts and forests and close quarters shots to compensate for there not being much new and interesting to show in terms of planets and scenery....

The new villain seems interesting, thought it was good 'ol Tarkin at first.

That one shot of them running inside something that looks like either an Imperial ship or base or the Death Star looks interesting and I'm glad they aren't shying away from a full CGI droid.

That's about it for now, movie looks interesting and I would love to see more. Didn't know that Forest Whitaker was in this, that's cool too. :)

Tonyg and Ezon Pin like this.
  5. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

Pretty much same(not really but sorta).

I say the visuals are far better than TFA. And the camera work is good:) I say this director from what I am seeing, isn't too bad with this.

Antpocalypse likes this.
  6. Mint3

Mint3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2016
    I'll probably see it in theaters. The camera work and visuals look great, the acting seems decent, and Donnie Yen taking out bad guys in a very Donnie Yen way is always a treat.
    I'm somewhat concerned about the main character. From first impressions, she looks a bit cookie-cutter. Of course, I say that by drawing from out of context lines in a single trailer, so I hope I'm wrong.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  7. astronaut23

astronaut23 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 9, 2005

Me too after what we got with Rey.

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Episode 8 SPOILER Set Pics and some SNOKE! Part 5

9. Palp Fiction

Palp Fiction Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Loving the blu-ray. I'm finding the film enormously re-watchable. It looks incredible in HD! The special features though are very bare-bones. Hope to see a far more extensive release at some point.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

Am I the only one who thinks Snoke looks a little bit like Darth Sion in this?

Not a crazed fan theory or anything, just an observation. :p

11. Queen Apailana

Queen Apailana Jedi Master star 1

Mar 8, 2015
    I thought the klaxons were a nice touch.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Now that we're a bit removed, I'm merging this thread into the "future SW" stickied discussion.

13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  14. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Episode 8 SPOILER Set Pics! Part 6

15. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
  16. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    These set pics and costume descriptions are intriguing. Very cool. Can't wait to see this film.

So, I watched TFA 3 times in the theater and have watched the blu ray 2 times. I must say, I like it more each time I see it since I can pick up on so many more subtleties and fine details. I liked TFA a lot the first time I saw it, but I am starting to really love it now and it is moving up in my rankings of the 7 films.

17. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003

and STAR WARS Episode 8 SPOILER "The Royals Visit the Set" Pics! Part 7

19. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    A-wings? Ok now that is exciting:cool:

Hopefully that means more new ships are coming too

20. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    More pictures from the set of Episode VIII during the royal family visit.

And... LOOK, LOOK! They are now using green screens as the prequels! They are no longer using "practical effects" and "real sets"! Blasphemy as some purists would say! :p :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Red23, DarthAnakin96 and Ezon Pin like this.
  21. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    obvious troll is obvious.

22. SW Saga Fan

SW Saga Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2015

Some people make jokes about the PT here but we are not allowed to make jokes about the ST?

Double-standards indeed...

Ezon Pin likes this.
  23. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    obvious joke is obvious.

24. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    But it's the same old gag whenever a bit of green screen is glimpsed. It's like telling the same knock-knock joke 200 times o_O

25. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

Oh man! I wonder who does that?![face_dunno]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.