main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    I agree, but that's only because I'm a lego fan (even though all I have left are a couple of minifigs), but TFA sets were largely completely underwhelming and uninspired. Two new X-wings! And not to mention that we got yet another Millenium Falcon. And apparently it sold really well, geez. They could probably release a new one each year and it would still sell. :D The most original sets are probably Rey's speeder and Kylo's shuttle. Minifigs are also great.

2. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    TVC was great, but I kinda quit with the figures after that. I don' think I've bought a single three inch figure since all the TPM 3D stuff.

I really liked the TFA stuff personally. I missed out on the last Falcon, and I always love X-wings, so i was fine with those releases.

DarthAnakin96 likes this.
  3. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    I used to be an avid collector. I quit because my wife was expecting our second child, and I just couldn't justify the time and money. However, Hasbro made it easy with their constant repacking of older figures, and poor distribution. It was right before the release of the ROTS stuff. The best line that I saw was the Power Of The Jedi line. The Vintage Collection looked great for the most part. But most of the rest of the lines since AOTC seems like cheap rubbish, with the exception of the Black Series 6 inch line.

That nearly brought me back to collecting something from Hasbro. However, after talking to collectors that I still know are active, I was told that Hasbro is still Hasbro. Repacks of previously released figures on different packages, and poor distribution. So I will stick to my Kotobukiya stuff....

4. CaptainSuchandSuch

CaptainSuchandSuch Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2015
    I collected a lot of merchandise during the release period of The Phantom Menace.

I wasn't so crazy about getting merchandise for The Force Awakens, but I did get a few cans of Star Wars-themed soup.

5. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012

I wasn't going to collect the Kotobukiya stuff from TFA, as there are statues from the previous 6 that I don't have yet, and I really didn't care for TFA. So I felt that I wanted to spend my money on the other things I was missing. That was until the Captain Phasma and First Order Stormtroopers fell to over %50 off at gamestop. Phasma was $70 and fell to $30 and the First Order Stormtroopers were originally $85 falling to $40.

So I picked those up and set the aside in case anything else that Kotobukiya released falls to those prices as well. Than I might consider displaying them...

CaptainSuchandSuch likes this.
  6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER Descriptions Part 2!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  7. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I agree. And also because I'm a fan of lego. But then the sets were as underwhelming in comparison to the other ones as the film was to the other films.

I still miss the original Lego Star Wars series from when they still all had yellow skin. :D

TheMoldyCrow likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER TOY Pics! Part 51

Jedi Knight Fett and Deliveranze like this.
  9. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER TOY Pics! Part 52

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER TOY Pics! Part 53

12. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER TOY Pics! Part 54

13. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  14. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    this has always been the way lucasfilm feels.

15. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I don't think JJ Abrams' team felt that way.

16. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    you don't what they felt. you just assumed it like everyone else on this board. people here demonize jj and the film while it's steeped in pt lore and technology. it's nonsense. the demonization of jj is just what the pt haters do to gl and the hypocrisy of this is too much for me to take. the ridiculousness of these viewpoints is why i don't use this forum very often.

17. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    I never said I knew. I said it seemed like it. How is that demonizing JJ? I didn't call him names or question his character (like GL haters do), by all accounts JJ seems like a great guy.

18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    a lot of others have. anyway..

STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER Pics! Part 55

19. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER TOY Pics! Part 56

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    TPM is playing on TNT right now. Underwater scenes after Otoh Gunga.

JoshieHewls likes this.
  21. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    That's a big claim. You make it sound like all the boards do is hate on JJ. Which we don't talk about about him or TFA much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    people here were on a witchhunt before and after the film came out. they still were when i left. funny how everyone just forgets that ever happened. sorry that's b.s.

23. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    In that one thread where it was a cesspool? That was a time where everyone was just criticizing everything. Fans all alike.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    no it was everywhere on the pt board and when i called out the hypocrisy of pt fans bashing jj and tfa they just bad mouthed me. guess what? i was right, it was hypocritical and i'm still right.

if you weren't one of those doing it then i'm not aiming this at you but acting like it didn't happen is incorrect.

25. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015
    Everywhere on the board huh.....

There is hypocrisy no matter where you go, but the boards weren't filled with it. I know the one thread with the flags was a bit out of hand but that was one thread.

I really don't agree with you that there was just everyone being hypocrites. That's if I said all the OT fans in their own board just bashed GL all the time, which is not true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.