main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Ingram and Cryo have said what I already wanted to say.

The trailer looks more appealing, more vast and focused. Yet, because of the large mouse wanting all of consumption, it impairs my view of it. More "Hunger Games/HBO" as Ingram put it.

I know this film will be "better" than TFA but by how much, and where will the improvements be other than what we already see? I'm getting this "fan-servicy" meta vibe again.....Hope I'm wrong...

Jarren_Lee-Saber and Cryogenic like this.
  2. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

All the actors were mostly perfect for the roles. Rey and Finn however.....

Could've been anyone honestly with very decent acting. At least for Rey(even for the casting call it didn't matter what race she was). Guess you can say that she is more "self insert" than "self of her own self:p"

Cryogenic likes this.
  3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    SW The Force Awakens Unused Concept Art EARLY STORY Part 7

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    RedLetterMedia's new video basically confirms his secret love for the prequels, and dislike of the Disney Wars. I'm beginning to like these guys:

5. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015

Haha, I really do love these guys. That was brilliant. I also loved their TFA trailer reaction video, and the Ghostbusters one... lots of good stuff. They don't take themselves too seriously even when, heh, being more serious.

Cryogenic likes this.
  6. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Honestly, I can't wait. For me, the Saga ended in 2005 (and the lackluster TFA only cemented my earlier inclination); all I can ask is that Edwards provides a rollicking and, dare I hope, resplendent intermission. Sort of like Thunderball, situated, in my own personal S.P.E.C.T.R.E. Saga narrative, between the labyrinthine From Russia With Love and the apocalyptic On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Is there an Orient Express tete a tete to be found, or a Piz Gloria marriage proposal? Nope. But a little breathing room can help. So it (possibly) goes with my favorite space opera.

With any luck, we'll be given a detour to remember.

7. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

Some of the things in this is how I feel lol.

This gave me laugh...

8. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    That thumbnail is an awesome parody of these "things you missed" clickbait-titled-thumbnailed videos. :D

9. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005

That was pretty amusing -- not so much "loud out loud" funny, but they sound like me from a few months back.

Let's face it, we're all the same inside. :p

Seeker Of The Whills likes this.
  10. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
  11. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER Toy Pics! Part 82

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  13. Seeker Of The Whills

Seeker Of The Whills Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
  14. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Interesting, the son of Danny Glover will be playing Lando Calrissian in the Han Solo spin off. I literally know nothing of his acting talent to form an opinion of him. All this confirms to me, is that we'll get to witness the moment Han 'wins' the Falcon in that infamous game of Sabacc. Featuring maybe gangsters and perhaps the odd gambling junkie bounty hunter. A real SW underworld moment replete with an air of genuine threat and menace...

Alienware and Cryogenic like this.
  15. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
  16. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Seeing Lando's Falcon will be pretty cool. Wonder if young Han had his own ship at that time.

17. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014

Donald Glover is not related to Danny Glover, whatsoever. He is the son of a postal worker.

18. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Oops

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Doesn't seem like it, but I guess it makes sense since Lando loosing the falcon is part of Han's backstory.

20. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Billy Dee recently said he didn't want anybody else playing Lando so we might get some "Interesting" quotes soon! [face_laugh]

21. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think recasting is pretty much inevitable if they want a younger version of that character. He'll understand, probably.

22. Ratio Tile

Ratio Tile Jedi Youngling

Aug 28, 2016
    Tired of nostalgic RO trailers -try this.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  23. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    That was actually pretty good.

I love the trailers for Promethues and the film itself.

At the end credits though he mis spelt Rogue.

24. grd4

grd4 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 11, 2013
    Two questions for everyone:

1. A show of hands: Who would rather watch an Ewan McGregor/Obi-Wan spinoff than one revolving around a young Han Solo?

2. Does the fact that Disney still hasn't declared even their interest in pursuing said Obi-Wan project indicative, in any sense, of an aversion to the PT era?

25. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Han is not really my most favorite character so If I have to choose, I would prefer an Obi-wan spinoff. But according to Pablo Hidalgo, all anthology movies except RO are base on George Lucas ideas, so maybe he planned to do an Obi-wan movie someday, who knows? [face_dunno]
    As far as there being an aversion to the PT era, I would say less than last year marketing strategy with its incessant comment about practical effect. We still have some PT content like TCW related books and PT era comics, we even have a TCW character appearing in RO and I think we have more people being outspoken about their appreciation of the PT in and out of the company, so I guess things are improving, slowly but surely.

Red23 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.