main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Yea they're probably still doing concepts and script writing for 9

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER Toy Pics! Part 84

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Except that it looks entirely like the OT. So apparently the OT already existed in the PT era. Disney fail again.

4. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    All we've seen of the flashback is a quick scene on an unusual looking planet. How is that entirely like the OT? Would planets like this not exist in the PT era? Or do you mean the scene was clearly shot on location & doesn't feature a bunch of animated creatures?

5. DrDre

DrDre Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 6, 2015
    Yeah, Disney sucks! Their barren planets look barren! Where are the funny little squeaky aliens to lighten things up?

6. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Star Wars has a history of funny squeaky things. Mouse droids, pit droids, Rey, tribbles, Salacious Crumb just to name a few.

7. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    [face_thinking]

8. DrDre

DrDre Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 6, 2015

Sure, but they're not in every shot. This scene is clearly meant to be threatening, and emotional, where Jyn and her father are possibly separated, and Jyn's father is recruited by the big bad. Hardly a scene, where you would have funny squeaky things. In any case, my response was meant as a sarcastic reply to a post, that was filled with anti-Disney bias, on how a shot of a barren planet slightly reminiscent of a shot of Tatooine as can be seen in TPM or ANH, somehow doesn't fit in the PT era.

9. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015

My god, that signature too, lmao. It begs anything above it to not be taken seriously.

10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    STAR WARS Rogue One SPOILER BTS and U-Wing Concepts!

11. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Well, there is a novel coming out in November that takes place during the Clone Wars. The synopsis reveals that Krennic saved the Erso family from the Seps during the Clone Wars, and that is the basis of their relationship, one of debt and not friendship or loyalty. I also know that Jyn's mother was cast for in Rogue One. It would be cool to see a flashback where we see a young Krennic save the Erso family with Phase 2 clonetroopers fighting battle droids. That, in my eyes, would be a proper nod to the Prequels. Not the nods we got in TFA that are for the most part very ambiguous....

12. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    There are more & more Prequel nods turning up in Rebels. The latest episode was wall to wall Prequel content. Battledroids, Droidekas, Separatists. So much for Disney ignoring the Prequels.

13. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015

There is TCW and Prequels.

TCW past era is what was shown in rebels, not the prequels.

14. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

Pretty sure those battle droids and ships were featured in the movies. And the clones. And Rex mentioning Order 66 and the Battle of Geonosis, which... ROTS and AOTC. TCW was all about PT reference, so how is this episode not also PT reference when it has all that?

Roger, Roger.

15. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

I view TCW and the PT has different beast altogether. Because honestly, they truly are.

TCW has been on the front lines of the PT because it's viewed better than the PT. It's not really the PT being shown here, it's the extension, TCW.

16. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

I guess, but they're all extensions of "A New Hope" in the end. Way I see it, by acknowledging that time period in comics, TV, novels, and even in the scenes/backstory of the Urso family, it's pretty solid proof that Disney is not ignoring 1/2 of the creation it paid for.

17. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Come on. Battledroids, Droidekas etc are Prequel elements. Their look & their sound effects are from from the PT & were used this week in Rebels. Talk of the Separatists, the Battle of Geonosis, all of that is from the PT. That they happened to also be used in TCW is irrelevant. That's like saying you want to see Prequel call backs...as long as it's nothing that ever appeared in TCW. Talk about hard to please o_O

18. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

I don't watch Rebels much, nor was I looking to be pleased/and not displeased. I know its FROM the PT, yet used the extension TCW. I do not care for call backs really, as they don't add much depth to the narrative for what I am watching. Callbacks are callbacks. Actual intertwining the stories is different and requires more thought. Don't mind if they are there though.

19. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    Well this weeks episode featured a remnant of the Prequel era storyline as well as a bunch of other PT elements. I wonder if those here who complain about nostalgia will complain about that?
    Also there's no argument to say that battledroids etc aren't Prequel call backs. That's like saying JarJar appearing wouldn't be a Prequel reference bcs he was in TCW.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  20. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

Well, that's where we get into my personal main criticism of TFA... it asks lots of questions and gives next to no answers. It is incredibly sparse on detail, worldbuilding, and exposition, to a fault. A symptom of that damn Mystery Box syndrome that riddles too many JJ projects, infamously Lost, the show I loved so much turning into mediocre tripe because they made it up as they went along. So, asking it to tie heavily into the plot of the PT, especially when it's got a villain who idolizes Darth Vader, is a part of a dark side order that might as well be named "The Knights of Padme", has a new mastermind-type who was alive and well and probably got his massive scars during the PT era, continues the Skywalker family story, and even has a few dialogue and musical references to the PT to top it off... really, just have a little patience. Let's see what the next two films do to tie the whole saga together and maybe have some reasonable expectations. Only 1 year to go for part 2, and 3 years for part 3.

"Patience. For the Jedi it is time to eat as well, hmm?"
    [​IMG]

21. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    That's why to me it's not a criticism of any significance. TFA was act one in a 3 act story. It didn't need to reveal too much. I'll judge the 6 hour ST in its entirety. Pretty confident that when I'm watching the ST years into the future I won't complain that the first part was light on world-building & political detail. I'll probably be grateful its priority was introducing & establishing the new characters.

22. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015
    Well, there's a reason it sits at the top on my Saga ranking, hehe. And the characters is it. Characters are the most important facet to me in any film, book or show, and I absolutely loved all the new ones in TFA. They really added to Star Wars in a way that a new starship or droid design can never achieve.

23. Darth Downunder

Aug 5, 2001
    They sure nailed the characters & the casting in that movie. Something I have concerns about with R1. When it comes to charisma & chemistry between each other the R1 cast seem lacking. So far anyway.

Except for Krennic who looks like a great new villain.

DrDre and seventhbeacon like this.
  24. seventhbeacon

Dec 3, 2015

I enjoy a good Imperial character. Makes me miss my Imp days back in Galaxies. Also, that cape.

Darth Downunder likes this.
  25. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    "We have to face one hard reality as a country; The new Star Wars was not as good as everyone thought it was. It may seem fun to go back and recycle the past we loved, but we end up with no sustenance. Instead of a fresh, new Star Wars we wanted the old. Just recycled and plopped in our tummies." - South Park (complete with image of Abrams wearing a hat saying "Make Star Wars Great Again")

Also, why is a thread titled "PT fans discuss the future of SW" actually just full of infamous prequel haters discussing the future of SW? Don't you literally have like ALL the other boards to do that in?

Red23 and Prisic Duskleap like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.