main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Double post

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Well, yeah, that's kinda the point. Everywhere else on the internet is mindless prequel hating by the vocal minority.

3. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015

Is Darth Downunder telling you that you are wrong and should be ashamed of yourself for liking the prequels? If thats the case i would agree with you, but to me it looks like he simply disagrees with other users and are debating them, which is allowed.

4. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    And the saga now continues, from a point set nearly sixty-five years after the beginning of the saga.

The title of Episode VII, for me, heralds not only the personal epiphany of at least one destined force-user, but the beginning of a potential renaissance of a culture that was suppressed by the Sith reformation at the end of the prequel era. I for one am glad that this renaissance did not take place and the restoration completed in the meantime and off-screen, and that we get to watch it happen instead. And with the involvement of characters who have been directly or indirectly associated with the saga from episode I onwards.

Luke was able help his father in redeeming himself somewhat in the destruction of the Sith by the end of episode VI, but without the community of force users that the Jedi order represented, it was inevitable that it would be a long hard road to restore the old republic and its guardians to a level equitable with their pre clone war glory.

I do not think that any one part of the series is receiving undue prominence in the continuing saga. The dark times will be truly over when those with the power to effect it stop trying to impose it as their right and the whole galaxy co-operates in being tolerant of all its citizens. The complexion of the sequel trilogy so far is consistent with the effect of the darkness that the galaxy was left in at the end of the prequels.

Sidious was not so complacent that he created a society that would magically return as it was as soon as he was destroyed. It was always going to get worse before it got better, even after Endor. Because emerging from that situation coincides with all sorts of ideologies, priorities and needs rushing in to the vacuum and causing inevitable tension.

5. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

You're new, but be aware that this is not a safe space for PT super-fans. Criticism IS allowed here, and there's even a thread kinda focused on it. Having said that, THIS thread is SUPPOSED to be focused on discussing future Star Wars production from a PT (and I extend to PT-era) point of view. Make sense?

6. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    Hey, no problem, bro, listening to vocal minority is always a lot of fun!

Darth Basin likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    It's obviously Jar Jar. No matter how "everyone" dislike him, he keeps surprising them by saving the day at the last minute. He keeps outliving everyone, that's what Jar Jar is about.

8. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

Dude, don't troll. If you have an argument to make, make it.

9. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm not trolling. Trump winning just confirmed my vocal minority theory.

10. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

I think there is NO chance of that. Unless we see him in the background somewhere, bumbling along? But my curiosity is absolutely piqued, if there is any basis for this rumor. Some possibilities... some Naboo folks maybe? I'd say we see Typho in the Rebellion, but he wasn't in TPM. Maybe the pilot dude? Ric Olie? Maybe Sebulba?

11. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    darklighter99 Bail B. Baobab Strongbow

Wouldn't there perhaps be some fallout from Naboo being seen as complicit and enabling Palpatine's dismantling of democracy? I would imagine a reappearance would have to acknowledge it somehow. I doubt that a walk-on would satisfy anyone keen for their return. And the not so keen would most probably like a little penance.

12. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I would love it to be Jar Jar. And who's to say what side he would be on? I can see him as a loyal and easily duped Imperial Senator from Naboo just as easily as I can see him as a repentant Rebel in the Organa contingent. He wouldn't have to be some comedic centerpiece or anything. In fact, I highly doubt that. But a serious cameo? I'd be ecstatic.

13. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    With the actual (not acting) Senator from Naboo present at the time of the formation of the Alliance (deleted scenes, I know) iI find it a wee bit hard to imagine Jar Jar taking her place and then that connection with the fledgling Rebellion being completely dropped. But I could be wrong.

14. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Yeah, but Jar Jar is never shown in connection with the nascent Rebellion. Sidious has already found him easily manipulated, and very useful as a result. I can see him being a survivor of any purge of undesirable Naboo from the Imperial government.
    And Naboo is still Palpatine's homeworld. I doubt the planet as a whole is persona non grata.

Of course, they do seem to be pushing an Imperial anti-alien agenda in the new canon. But then again, there are exceptions like Thrawn and Mas Amedda (who I think is another possible candidate for our cameo). So I don't know.

15. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Chill out comrade.
    Yes I mostly like it. There are plenty of good parts. Too many to name. I think RotS is excellent, AotC is pretty good & TPM is average.

CIS Droid and DarthCricketer like this.
  16. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    My guess on the TPM character (although he's actually in all three prequels):

Mas Amedda. Dude's all over Catalyst, and seems to be Krennic's point of contact as opposed to the Emperor himself.

17. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    I'm always chill, m8

18. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    Yes. The story group has plans for him for sure.

Jedi Knight Fett and JoshieHewls like this.
  19. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    In what way do you think?

20. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I don't know, but he is popping up frequently in the new canon. Aftermath has him still in power after Palpatine's death (or at least claiming power, but that still shows that he's been an important player all along).
    If I had to guess, I'd say he'll be used primarily in novels and the like as the face of Palpatine's inner circle. An appearance in RO would bolster this nicely. I don't think he's Snoke or anything though. :p

21. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014

Edit: sorry, realised i didnt do spoiler tags, best to edit.

Jcuk likes this.
  22. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

Maybe. But I could see some of the folks there joining the Rebellion. But overall, those were minor characters. They would hardly "break the Internet." I suspect this rumor is just that. A Rumor.

23. Strongbow

Nov 6, 2014

Possibly, They've done a lot with that character in recent novels.

24. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
  25. Zejo the Jedi

Nov 16, 2016
    Saw Gerrera sends his regards.

thejeditraitor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.