main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Discussion of future SW Content (Locked) - Discussion Moved to Saga Board

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Yeah, i don't really care about Han Solo movie.
    And Boba isn't confirmed yet, but that'll probably be 2020 Anthology film.

2. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    I'm not interested, but oh well, it might turn out okay. I was never too enamored by the character of Han Solo and I feel like this movie could give him a lot more depth, but I dread that we'll get a simplistic comedy of him being cool.

No confirmation, only rumors.

Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  3. TheDutchman

TheDutchman Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2015
    Darth Bane would be the ultimate butt kicking "anti-hero" story that so many people seem to be salivating for these days. I would hope we could get a film about that someday.

Looking for something we haven't seen yet.

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    How's Darth Bane an anti-hero?

Darkslayer and Big_Benn_Klingon like this.
  5. TheDutchman

Nov 10, 2015
    fair question....we know that he eventually becomes a real bad dude....but in reading the books you kind of got a glimpse into what made him that way and he wasn't a main antagonist from the very beginning.

I guess I was going for the point that many moviegoers nowadays want to root for the bad guy.

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    But the books were a mere interpretation of his character. The only thing we know about him is that he reformed the Sith due to the infighting. Being a Sith doesn't make him an anti-hero. At least he wasn't one by the person who created the character.

7. TheDutchman

Nov 10, 2015
    ok...ok.... I guess I used the wrong term....sheesh

my original point was meant to be---->I think the moviegoing public likes to root for the bad guy now....so a movie about Darth Bane could satisfy that and give us something different.

8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    so what do you want me to do? i've been posting my vids here for a year and no one had a problem with it.

Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  9. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    The correct answer is "OK, will do."

Add some commentary, your thoughts, something other than just posting a video. We can all go to YouTube.

Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  10. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    ok. see ya.

11. Winama Shiraya

Winama Shiraya Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 3, 2017
    Back on topic...

I am more interested in The Last Jedi than I am in the Han Solo movie. I just feel like the Solo film is a definite cash grab instead of something that would actually advance the story. Plus the dude who's going to play him just doesn't look like a young Harrison Ford. If they want to make more standalones, couldn't they do the Obi-Wan story? That would actually be interesting, would advance the story by providing a bridge between the trilogies, and would just make more sense from a storytelling standpoint.

Darth Basin likes this.
  12. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    What the...?!

Bail B. Baobab likes this.
  14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm also more excited about The Last Jedi, but the point of the standalone films isn't to advance the story. I don't understand why some fans are so hung up on that. That might not be your interest, you might prefer movies that advance the story, but that's not what the standalone films are meant to be. Rogue One, for instance, may have been very closely related to the main story, but it did nothing to advance it. And that doesn't make them "cash grabs." Of course they're making these for the money (IV-VI and I-III were also made for the money), but it's not like they hired Phil Lord and Chris Miller and said, "By the way, we have no script; we just wanted to make a film about Han. Shooting starts next week, have fun."

And I feel a Han Solo film makes way more sense from a storytelling standpoint than Obi-Wan. Han was doing things and having adventures during this period of time, and in terms of world building it can show us more of the seedy underbelly of the Star Wars universe than we've seen on film before. There's a great deal you can do with that, there's a lot of creative freedom. With Obi-Wan, you're kind of stuck in place creatively. What was Obi-Wan doing during this time? Nothing, really. Where was he? A desert. A real desert.

15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Also, to add to the defense of the Han Solo movie, George suggested it get made, which means there's at least an interesting story behind Solo's younger days.

I'll be in line to see it.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Han Solo movie could set up the plot lines for the OT (working for Jabba, meeting Lando, Chewie, getting the Falcon, the Kessel run, that dumped spice, Greedo) plenty of Saga development or just be a random adventure. If so, so be it.

Huttese 101 and Darkslayer like this.
  17. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    That was George's idea?
    Ok, now i'm interested :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017

Agreed. I think many underestimate the potential of the Han Solo movie to be a fund adventure that builds on our perception of Han from the OT and TFA. Lawrence Kasdan is known for writing good Han, so it isn't as if there has been no attempt at quality control by Lucasfilm on this movie.​

Also, didn't JJ advise auditionees for the Han part to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark. I could be down for an Indy style space adventure with Han and Lando:)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I just hope after the Han Solo movie they can explore new grounds with no movie characters.

Alienware likes this.
  20. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I think the Solo movie could be great. Its potential is not just about that character. What I'm interested in is a movie that focuses on the criminal element of the galaxy. Also fascinated by a movie set probably just 6-10 years after RotS. That's a time period that's barely been explored. Certainly never in a movie. I think the Jedi Purge could be referenced as still going on in the background. Back then there should still be quite a few in hiding. Who may seek refuge within the seedy parts of the galaxy that Han is involved in. I think they should have him witness some of that as a young man. Would add weight to his cynicism about the Jedi & how their religion was no match for a good blaster. Plenty of potential in this movie. Also Kasdan is at his best when writing for roguish characters, & Han Solo in particular.

21. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    Darth Downunder I'm not sure that we'll see Sidious' Jedi Purge as such, but I agree that this movie could focus on the criminal underworld of the GFFA much more than previous instalments, but I think that there will be minimal presence from the Empire. The Storm troopers mentioned in that MSW report are most likely window dressing.

Do you think Thandie Newton's character might be a villain?

Edit: I thought this might be worth posting
    http://io9.gizmodo.com/everything-star-wars-has-reintroduced-from-the-old-expa-1792224856

22. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    For me, as always, it comes down to execution. A Solo movies could be terrific. It could also be awful. I love Kasdan's writing, so I have tons of hope for it, but we won't know till the credits roll. I'm interested in a Kenobi movie mainly, I admit, because Ewan's Obi-Wan was the highlight of the PT for me. Fett? Never been a huge Fett fan, but I liked some of the underworld stuff they did in TCW. If they could make Fett more than a glowering "LOOKS like a bad***" character, I could be interested. But I'm not interested in Suicide Squad in space, if you get my meaning.

Something I WOULD be interested in is what happened to Rex and company when Order 66 was issued....

FYI, my friends wife is doing MUCH better. She is awake and aware. She can speak, but does have some memory loss, physical impairment. Still, she is making tons of progress and docs are hopeful for major, if not complete, recovery. Thanks for the kind thoughts and well wishes!

23. TheDutchman

Nov 10, 2015
    yes, agreed on this.

Big_Benn_Klingon likes this.
  24. Huttese 101

Huttese 101 Sam Witwer Enthusiast star 7

Jan 19, 2016
    Really, I'd just wanna see Solo win the Falcon from Lando in a game of Sabacc on film. That would be sweet.

The Kessel Run would be really awesome too. Also Chewie and the Wookiee life debt. But I'm not sure how they'd pull it off without a plot that jumps from year to year, like Forrest Gump, with establishing narration so the audience follows along. I'm not thrilled by the prospect of that sort of narrative for a SW movie, but they could pull it off.

Jedi Knight Fett and Alienware like this.
  25. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    Strongbow that's good to hear.

Jedi Knight Fett and Strongbow like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.