main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[PT Forums] How Long After RotS Hits Untill The Prequel Forums are Collapsed into One Category??

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LottDodd, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    I've Heard that After RotS Comes Out the Phantom Menace Forum, Aotc Forum and RotS Will collapse into One Forum... How Long will they Remain Seperate after the Release Date??

2. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    I'd guess they'll merge around summer of 2006.That's just my guess though. :)

3. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    If I were guessing, I'd say the logical choice would a few months after the release of the ROTS DVD.

4. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    So it's not going to be an IMMEDIATE Thing Then...?

Good.

5. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I'd guess they'll merge around summer of 2006.That's just my guess though.

A whole year? Good lord. You were around back in 2002, were you not? They didn't wait a whole year to delete the 2NS and change the name of the 2SA into the main forum did they? No. If i remember correctly, they waited a few months for it to be released in all forign counties and then they changed it immediately. If they waited a year, Revenge of the Sith would be already released on DVD by the time they did it.

I'm pretty sure they'll wait untill it's released in every country around the world just like before.

6. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    S-o-M-E:Actully,I didn't find/Join the JC until Oct.2002.I was just judging by the fact that the AOTC forum was still really active until spring of 2003,when it started to die down.I just figured they'll let the ROTS forum die down before they merge all the prequels into one. :)

7. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Yeah, SoME...

We're talking about when the TPM, AOTC, and ROTS forums will merge into one Prequel Trilogy Forum, not when the 3NS and 3SA merge...

:p

8. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    The real question is: who cares?

9. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    Admins/Managers/Mods (especially of said forums)
    Frequent Users (of said forums)
    Prequel Trilogy Forum mod-wannabes ;)

10. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    "I care!" ;)

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Does anyone remember the approximate time this happened for Episode II? I would think not too long after the film is out we would do it because there wouldn't be anymore spoilers.

12. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I would think we should keep the ROTS forum strictly for Revenge of the Sith until the DVD release. Then probably merge the forums into one, perhaps around late 2005 or New Year 2006?

13. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Why until the DVD if the only reason for two forums now is for spoiler protection?

14. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I would think so that people would have an adequate amount of time to discuss the film in-depth. As many have pointed out already, you have to keep in mind that the film gets released througout the rest of the world at later dates and it would only be fair to give other worldwide users the chance to discuss ROTS after seeing it.

15. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Sape, you are confusing two different mergers.

The one that this thread was started to address was how long will it take for the TPM, AOTC and ROTS forums to be merged into a single PT forum.

The one that you are responding about has to do with merging the two ROTS forums (3NS and 3SA).

The ROTS forums should be merged within a week or two of the release of the film. I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

In my opinion, the PT forums should be merged after all of the fuss from ROTS dies down, probably about the time that the DVD comes out. It's something that we can be slow about, since it will not be all that critical to do it and we can always do it later if we need to. It would be a lot harder to split it back out should a need arise before the DVD comes out.

Kimball Kinnison

16. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    You're right, I was mixing up the two. As far as merging all three films, that's not going to be anytime soon. Look at the TPM Forum, a film released years ago. It still gets good traffic. I'd say not even soon after the DVD release would we consider creating the PT Forum or whatever it'll be called. With the DVD out, it makes you look at all the films differently and it will more than likely breathe new life into the TPM and AotC Forums.

17. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    And as for merging the ROTS SA and NSA forums, of course we will do that in a very short period after the movie has come out.

18. LottDodd

Oct 4, 2002
    thank you

19. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    As stated above, I think it's a good idea that the 3NS and 3SA forums should be merged 1 week after the film is finally available everywhere, in all countries.

20. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    I agree, by that time spoilers would be sinking its teeth into the non spoiler forums so no one should have a problem with emerging the two boards as one.

Giving it some time before creating the PT board merging all three boards as one as the DVD comes out is also a good idea.

21. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    but after the DVD comes out there's going to be the easter eggs and stuff like that, after the DVD comes out i agree with but not durring

22. Darth_Weirdo

Darth_Weirdo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Wipe them out, all of them. ;)

23. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    What will happen to the SW Saga forum then?

All movies will have been released, and there will be no point to visit the SW Saga forum, when they can just go visit the prequel or the Classic films forums?

24. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    All movies will have been released, and there will be no point to visit the SW Saga forum, when they can just go visit the prequel or the Classic films forums?

ummm, i don't know about you but i still want to talk about SW as a whole

25. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Yeah, but most of the topic in there now fit pretty easily into the two different topics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.