main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT is cynical, negative and morally ambiguous; OT is positive, hopeful and morally absolute

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by NATIONALGREATNESS, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evenstarr

evenstarr Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2003
    Some further points:
    Apart from TPM, when Qui-gon is first attacked by Maul and then he appears in the hanger, as well as ANH when Obi meets Vader, i think the jedi side draws lightsaber first the most often when meeting the Sith for the majority of the rest of the saga.
    When Anakin a Sith, it is Obi who draws his lightsaber first on Mustafar, and in TESB and ROTJ, Vader responds to by Luke's drawn saber. Dooku, is responding to by Obi and Anakin in ROTS n AOTC, to Mace in AOTC and even Yoda draws first against Palpatine in ROTS, and before that Palpatine was responding to the drawn lightsabers of the three three Jedi.

Padme losing the will to live, i didn't understand, apart from probably being a recurring motif in myths of death and birth.

But losing the will to live, also relates to in general that the voice of the midi-chloreens has been lost in the prequel trilogy, and everything has turned cancerous and is dying, which as the female representative in the prequels, and thus representative of life, is strongly symbolic in her mysterious death. In many ways Padme was a strong character in the prequel trilogy, for example she had no malice or was forgiving towards Obi-wan for screwing up her meeting with Anakin beyond no return on Mustafar and getting into a shouting match, and simply was concerned about Anakin when briefly awake...(by this time he had been sliced up by Obi).
    Mayby because the will of the force, via midi-chloreens, was only being utilised by the Sith and which was fully triumphant at this point, that having the children of the biggest Midi-cloreen count force user in history, who had just been converted to the dark side and that the entire galaxy had ended up in the darkside of the force as Obi has recently said, all of this drained Padme's life force in the delivery of the untainted, yer highly force sensitive twins Luke and Leia when everything else was lost in darkness relating to the force.

Apart from when Qui-gon was about, Anakin was getting mixed signals from his experiences in the jedi order the whole way through.

The real jedi downfall, was using sentient beings(the clones) as a kind of robot army, when philosophically it is going against the creation of free will that should naturally be the jedi ally and Sith foe. Once this was lost, it was all over for the jedi-order against the darkside power of the Sith. (this is also the same conflict/question that has been with the human question from day 1)

2. Dark--Helmet

Dark--Helmet Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 22, 2003
    I watched the PT not to long ago and theres really nothing morally ambiguous about the PT.It' pretty clear who's bad and who's good.

Everything I've seen has the Jedi commanding the Clones with respect.The Jedi(good guys)taking control of a rogue directionless army ordered by I'm guessing was an evil man(Palp)is a good thing.The clones following the jedi was better than following the Sith.The clones are more or less drafted,everybody has to pitch in to help beat the Sith.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.