main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT or TCW?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Slicer87, May 2, 2016.

?

When the PT and TCW / Rebels contradict, which do you side with?

1. PT

31 vote(s)
    79.5%
  2. TCW / Rebels

8 vote(s)
    20.5%
  1. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    When the PT and TCW / Rebels contradict with each other, which do you side with? I personally side with the PT.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Usually I default to the films, but I can handwave most design changes due to simple art shifts.

The stuff with Clones being more independent works alongside the PT... for the most part. The chip business is a bit overly complicated, and was really only necessary because of TCW independent clones. However, all in all, I'd rather have clones with distinctive personalities than meat robots as in the Microseries.

The Maul stuff and Ahsoka's existence are alright aswell, especially by virtue of Ahsoka's exit from the show. It was a perfect way to send her off, without giving Anakin too much emotional baggage that would affect ROTS.

I just wish they would wrap both of their arcs.

DarthAnakin96 and AshiusX like this.
  3. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    I can't tie in the PT with TCW or Rebels.

My problem is Filoni. He likes to have crazy fun and all, which is fine by itself, but tying it in with the movies is too much.

4. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    They don't contradict each other.

5. Delta Scepter

Delta Scepter Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2014
  6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Eh, tbh, it doesn't matter to me. What happens in the PT is final but contradictions or whatever in TCW don't bother me. I've never been the one to follow canon much anyway. The Republic comics from the 2000s and the micro 2D series is canon to me also.

7. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I don't mind the clones being more human figures in the TCW. I think it serves the movies fairly well. It makes sense why the Jedi couldn't sense the impending attack from the clones despite their high sense of clairvoyance. The clones do appear to be trustworthy and they bonded with them as family over the course of the war. The Jedi trusted them and they payed the price for it. I don't blame them for trusting the clones, I would trust them too if I was in their situation. If the clones were aloof figures, I don't think it would have worked as well.

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I side with the movies over everything period.

Though I don't find TCW or Rebels to be mandatory viewings in terms of the overall saga, as everything completely necessary to know is already in the films as far as i'm concerned, they are entertaining to watch.

9. CloneForce99

CloneForce99 Jedi Knight

May 10, 2015
    Both! The PT and TCW complement each other. I see no contradictions with them.

10. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    eh?? TCW doesn't contradict the PT?

Lama Su: they are totally obedient...taking any order without question

-except when they are farmers and have a couple of twi'lek kids-

Darth Maul (and the whole rule of two thing)

Ahsoka Tano (while not exactly a contradiction complicates matters too much)

I have no problems with people liking TCW, but lets not pretend there are no contradictions what so ever.

Slicer87 and AshiusX like this.
  11. AshiusX

Feb 7, 2016
    There are millions of clones. Just by pure chance, there are going to be a couple of outliers. Its more narrative interesting to focus on those. That episode was about Captain Rex being forced to confront his by the books nature. It was later explored in the Umbara arc.

The Rule of Two was a Sith Doctrine. Like the Jedi code it can be violated. Its the Sith who must enforce that rule.

12. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    a contradiction is still a contradiction, whether they explain it away, pretend it doesn't exist in the first place or saying "yeah, but..." :p

Slicer87 likes this.
  13. AshiusX

Feb 7, 2016
    There are varying degrees of ''contradiction''. Most of the times it just things not lining up because they are too taken too literally. Like how some OT fans make a big deal about how Yoda wasn't Obi Wan's padawan master. Which was Qui Gon. I don't deny there are couple of contractions here and there. Very mild ones likely. I haven't found anything that took me out of the experience.

WebLurker and Iron_lord like this.
  14. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Besides the things mentioned, Lama Su is a businessman. The clones being totally obedient is sales talk. Yes, they are designed to be obedient and the Kaminoans do have a reputation for being damn good cloners, but we must also remember that clones are superior to droids because they can think creatively (which is why they've been made less independent, not devoid of independence).
    Think about that for a moment. A creative thinker can't be expected to be 100% obedient at all times. Occasionally, he will think outside the box in order to get his job done - and that's exactly what you'll want him to do. Inevitably, in an army of 1,2 million creative thinkers, some of them will think farther outside the box than they were intended to - especially when all they've heard growing up is "You were bred to serve the Republic. Obey your orders at all times". Even if it's only one in two thousand, a few rebels should be expected. After all, they're still human beings. They have feelings.

The alternative would be to remove all traces of individuality, which would basically give you an overpriced meat droid who couldn't take initiative if his life depended on it.

Hence, the chip.

15. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I keep the Filoniverse animated series separate from the 6 George Lucas films. Different artist, different stories. Disney can do any weird thing they want, they don't effect the 6 George films.

Slicer87 likes this.
  16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Don't know or care about Rebels.

If there was a contradiction between the movies and TCW, the movies would take priority. But since there isn't...

What about it? There are only two Sith: Sidious and Tyranus (who replaced Maul). That's stated in the series itself, as if it wasn't obvious enough...

CloneForce99 likes this.
  17. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    Quite right. In fact, Maul's plan seemed to be to either replace both Sidious and Tyranus with himself and Savage, or to replace Tyranus with himself and get rid of Savage/use Savage as an assassin à la Ventress.

18. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I see the PT era as one entity, not split between the movies and TCW.

Lulu Mars, DarthAnakin96 and AshiusX like this.
  19. CloneForce99

CloneForce99 Jedi Knight

May 10, 2015
    George Lucas had the final say in anything involving The Clone Wars tv show.

20. Slicer87

Slicer87 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2013

He also told Filoni continuity is for wimps and the other writers to not be married to the films. It is very common for series based on movies and other media to take some liberties. I don't care that TCW deviates from the films, what irks me is others saying TCW is the same continuity when it clearly wasn't written that way and that what the series says supersedes and "corrects" what the films say. At times in TCW, it seems even Lucas backpedaled to appease the PT haters.

Dandelo and Valiowk like this.
  21. Lulu Mars

Mar 10, 2005
    I haven't seen these alleged "corrections".

22. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    You're taking an offhand quote probably meant as a joke for those too married to minutae as some sort of official command for the creative proccess.

23. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    They had their bio chips removed.

Palpatine excommunicated Maul in "The Lawless". In "Twilight Of The Apprentice", Maul no longer refers to himself as Darth Maul. Just as Maul.

How? She quit the Jedi Order in "The Wrong Jedi", resurfaces as Falcrum in "Fire Across The Galaxy" and is apparently killed by Vader in "Twilight Of The Apprentice".

Which isn't a contradiction. Yoda taught Obi-wan as he did most of the Younglings.

[​IMG]

Qui-gon was the one who completed his training in the field.

[​IMG]

AshiusX and Ezon Pin like this.
  24. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Not really any significant contradictions to speak of with TCW and the PT. I don't like Rebels so I choose to ignore that one.

25. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I think Maul was taking advantage of his former position and was pretending to be a Sith even though he knew he had been replaced. That's why he didn't involve himself in the war. He knew that was the playing field for the big boys and he wasn't one anymore. So he took advantage of what was left to build his own power base.

Still, he was a former Sith Lord and his fate should have been decided before RotS, as it was originally planned before the series' cancellation.