main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST PT/OT questions you hope Episode VII answers?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jedi_Lantern, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Her hair wasn't shorter at all... it was braided in the back... As seen here...

[​IMG]

2. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I wanna know about the developments in podracing over the last 50 years...

3. Jedi_Lantern

Jedi_Lantern Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2013
    Maybe dialogue in ROTJ or one of the other movies contradicts this, but I kind of feel like Anakin forfeited the role of his big prophecy by becoming evil, and Luke sort of inherited the duties of fixing his father's mistake and some of his father's original prophecy of bringing balance to the force. Between the two, they both sort of got rid of the main bad guy and Luke (we're assuming) began restoring (balancing the force) the Jedi order and fixing any flaws the old Jedi order had

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  4. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

I know Leia's hair is braided in the back.

But if you look at it from another angle the braids she has in the back are way smaller than the amount of hair she sports in the previous films and in the rest of Jedi. Whenever Leia's hair is braided up, she has so much of it that it requires thick, huge single and even double braids to contain it all. In the rescue scene it's basically Carrie Fisher's real hair pinned up without the usual truckloads of extensions.

It's just a funny little mistake that makes me laugh when I see it.

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    To be fair, that never seemed to stop George while writing.

6. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    I've never seen an angle that shows the entire length of the braid...

7. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

There is no "entire length of the braid". It's just a couple small knots in the back. It doesn't extend down her back or anything.

Somebody who has so much hair that they need to do all the following to keep it contained:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Has too much hair for this to be plausible:
    [​IMG]

8. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    In that last pic, we're not even seeing the entire braid... as you saw in the one I posted, it trails downward, in yours that portion is blocked by the gear on her back.

9. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Oh good grief. Just go back and look at the scene yourself. Carrie Fisher clearly tilts her head up a couple times and you see the base of her neck. There is no braid extending down her back. It was just a simple little mistake with the hair. Little oversights like that happen all the time. Not a big deal, just something I find a little funny.

TOSCHESTATION and darth ladnar like this.
  10. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Apparently, the technological development in the galaxy is going backwards, considering that the bounty hunter in the "Decieved" trailer for TOR had a 3D radar on her arm in 3600 BBY and the X-wing fighters in 0 BBY had a small screen with two red lines... :D

11. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    As I said, I know the answer. But I'm thinking about viewers who watch 1-6 in order and think, "Why isn't this big fantastic capital planet in 4-6?" Even though there's no immediate story reason, I think there would have been if the episodes were made in order. Lucas would have created a reason to include it.

12. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    I want to know... "what's the fastest land animal?"

TOSCHESTATION and darth ladnar like this.
  13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    There's some things for which I would be ok with an explanation within the ST but wouldn't want the spin-offs or EU to explain them. One of these things is the Dagobah cave. Another is the history of the Sith.

Dak Oolron, RyanForder and TheFoot like this.
  14. TheFoot

TheFoot Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2011
    I partly hope they say nothing about the cave, but actually still pull the concept of it out and perhaps use it again. For example, Yoda says that cave 'is strong with the dark side of the force' (guess there were some midichlorians in there...j/k), but this line (and Yoda saying the force is literally in the trees and rocks) suggests that certain places around the galaxy might be strong with the light/dark side of the force and such.

Just saying it would be cool to see a new place that is strong in the force like this...and might mess with the head of a force-user all Lost-style (how people would see unexplainable visions and such on the Island of Lost). I'm not sure about TCW, but I'm pretty sure no where else in the movies do they mention anything about a LOCATION having force properties and such.

Iron_lord and Hernalt like this.
  15. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Several of these have already been said, but I decided to go ahead and list mine.

Did Luke have a get married and have a family?

Did Han and Leia get married and have a family?
    If they did, how does Han feel about Vader- the man that tortured him being his father-in-law?

Did Leia embrace her Jedi heritage? Did she embrace it and become a Jedi? Just have some knowledge/use of the Force or none at all?
    How does she feel about Vader/Anakin being her father? Has she ever spoken to him via Force Ghost?

Is there a New Republic?
    If there is, how are things in the Senate? Is it corrupt? Or are things better that the PT/Dark Times eras?
    Did Leia become a Senator? Chancellor? Etc in the New Republic?

Is there a new Jedi Order? If there is, where is located? In the Old Temple? If not, what happened to it? I mean it was still standing in ROTJ.
    If there is a new Jedi Order, how many new Jedi are there? Who was Luke's first student(s)? Etc, etc.
    Does the new Jedi Order allow attachments, relationships, and marriage?

Does Luke still talk to the Force ghosts (Dad, Obi-Wan, Yoda) or did they retire?
    Have others ever spoken to the Force ghosts?

What does Luke and the others know of the PT era? What happened to Vader? Their mother? The Jedi? Midi-chlorians? Etc, etc.
    Also if Leia and Luke ever found out about their mother? Do they know about the Naberries?

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Is Zuckuss an alien or a masked human?

Krueger, TOSCHESTATION and Hernalt like this.
  17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    What is a Whill?

InterestingLurker and Krueger like this.
  18. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    What species is Yoda?

Dak Oolron, mes520 and TOSCHESTATION like this.
  19. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    The cheetah. Next.
    Should I fake my orgasms?

20. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    This question really stumped me because there is no fast silver bullet way to answer it. It is my finding, and I am not showing my work, for it is long and tedious, that yes, humans do want to eliminate, remove, resolve, answer, 'dark caves' of unknowns, unexamined assumptions, ephemeral phenomena. Some classes of dark cave are protected because they are a power source over the unenlightened. But the improved standards of living, abundance of consumer convenience, increased life expectancy, etc, together indicate, and should prove, that humans in general, or, the average human, does like to 'run out of' dark caves. There is a recalled comfort of some dark caves, but to occupy that historic space requires the psychic energy of denying new information that lights up or fills in that dark cave. The dark cave of Dagobah, Just For Instance, now has mitochondria floating around in it. Can the honest person say that their re-viewing of Buddhist ESB is unaffected in light of progressive evolutionary mitochondria? They cannot be ignorant of the mitochondria, such as may be the case of some lost Amazon tribe that still has all the old trilogy laser disks and plays them with their cheek needles, and has never heard of our modern, effete, civilized prequel trilogy.

21. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
  22. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Nope. Don't ruin all the mistery. Kid vader was enough.

Instead explain all the stuff that we were supposed to know. *Plinkett voice: Who wrote [the Prophecy]? When? What does it say? What does the jedi code/codex actually say? Is Palpatine really Frank?

23. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    So what exactly does knowing Yoda's species ruin? It's not like you are learning about his backstory.

24. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I started a whole thread on this...and the idea is getting trashed. LOL. I think it's plausible that Luke or Leia could go to Naboo and find their grandparents (over 100 years old I know but it's sci-fi), or their aunt or cousins.

25. Hernalt

Hernalt Force Ghost star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Yoda's lifespan does provoke awe. If I'm not mistaken the old Scholastic picture books of SW77 said Chewbacca was 200 years old. His leadership over the Jedi Council seems quite justified. How many Jedi Council members did he see come and go? But then it was on his very long watch that he did not see Palpatine. So Yoda's experience reading the landscape of the Force, and the future, further emphasizes Palpatine's victory of mind over mouth. Yoda's race wouldn't interest me so much as what was early Yoda like, what was he doing, did he have any interesting variations or deviations from the Jedi Code, did he have a dark period, ambivalent period. Did he have a stroke and that's why he talks backwards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.