main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Posters? What do you think?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by GenMadine, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GenMadine

GenMadine Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 7, 2002
    I do not like it.

Here is a link to all three to compare & contrast:

All Three PT posters

I like TPM one the best, always will. Got me excited about the movie.

The Hayden in the middle bothers me. And why is Vader off-center?

Where is 3PO and R2? Jar-Jar? Grievious?

Weird poster, weird choices.

I see it matches, but really not liking it.

Comments?

Madine out

2. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    I think they all look fine.

3. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    Really? You are liking this new poster? Anakin does not look wonky to you?

4. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Well, sorry but it looks fine to me.

But Obi-Wan, him face is kind of weird, in my opinion.

5. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
    anakin looks way wonky, but i've always thought that. yah, i'd have to agree with the remark about how episode I was the best as far as the posters are concerned. but i'd have to say that episode II had the best teaser poster. i just cant' get into that new one with the anakin's cape looking like the vader mask.

6. Lord_Cole_Slaw

Lord_Cole_Slaw Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2003
    Wonky is a funny word. Don't like it. The poster that is :)

7. GenMadine

Mar 7, 2002
    I thought the best teaser was CLEARLY the Ep. I poster with little Anakin's shadow showing Darth Vader's silhouette.

How can you say the "back to back" poster is better.

The teaser TRAILER "breathing" was a great one, as was the ROTS teaser trailer.

I do not care for the Ep. III teaser poster either, but it makes sense to me, there is logic to it. I like the concept, not the execution.

Madine out

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Stryphe and I have decided to allow discussion of the ROTS release poster in the SWC forum. This is the ONLY exception to the SWC forum spoiler policy. Any other information released after Feb 8, even if it is officially released by Lucasfilm will be considered a spoiler here. The only place such information can be discussed is either in the SWC Spoilers allowed thread or in the ROTS forums.

We also decided to reopen this thread so long as it is a discussion of all the PT posters and not just the ROTS one.

9. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Well I was a little thrown off by the picture of Yoda they chose but I love the overall look of the poster. I have a picture of all six posters together and I think they look great together.

10. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I think the TPM poster is good, not great, but good. AOTC is so-so. It never grabbed me. ROTS is the best. If they would loose the flying Yoda, I'd really like it.

11. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    I agree. ROTS is the best.
    Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I've always taken a liking to the PT posters(even if I didn't care so much about the films themselves). In some ways, I may even like them better than the SE release posters. They just seem to show more of the story and are better constructed.

AOTC is my favorite out of the bunch with TPM coming in second and the newly released ROTS in third.

13. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I think the posters go downhill will each movie. TPM is seriously the best. Maul looms over. Qui-Gon and Padme are perfectly angled. Anakin centered. Then comes along AOTC, which isn't that bad reminds me of ESB and then ROTS, which isn't all that great.

14. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    TPM is the best...Everything just fits, and nothing is out of place

Vader seems out of place in the ROTS one, and Padme and Obi-Wan arent surrounding Anakin is a way I would like...Sidious should also have his hood down over his face a tiny bit

But yeah, TPM's is much better

15. VCT

VCT Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2001
    I'd rank them in descending order of release. TPM's has the best overall composition and all of the visual elements work harmonously together. AOTC's is okay, but the blank expressions on Padme and especially Anakin sap some of the life out of the poster.

I think ROTS is the weakest of the three. It is adequate and does the job, but that's about it. The faces of the lead characters are rather stiff, and the composition looks pedestrian and uninspired.

16. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    to theforgottenjedi:

"I have a picture of all six posters together and I think they look great together"

any chance of a link to this pic?

17. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    I like AOTC best. Probobly because I look at it every night for the past three years. ROTS is #2 for me and I didnt care much for TPMs.

18. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I got my ROTS release poster the other day. Finally got around to putting it up. It looks a lot better as a poster than it does in the files online. Still, I think of the three Struzan posters, I like AOTC the best. Of ALL the PT posters, I think the TPM teaser is the best! :D

19. PadawanEmily

PadawanEmily Jedi Master star 8

Oct 18, 2003
    I love all of them. ROTS is the best. All of them are equal, ROTS would be the best if they made Yoda in a different pose. But..overall i like them all :)

20. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I think they all look great. They've did an excellent job. :)

21. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    ep 1 poster was a letdown, ep 2 was more interesting but still bland i think ep 3 is pretty much in that tradition. its good art but not terribly exciting

22. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    AotC is by far the best. I don't care for TPM or RotS that much, allthough I think RotS wins by a hair. The RotS Teaser is definately the best of the three teaser posters. :)

23. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I think all three are great. I don't really have a problem with any of them. :)

24. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Your link took me to Sin City...

*please link me*

25. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    These posters are at a disadvantage because (perhaps for contractual reasons?) they have so many people to show.

The TPM poster is the only one of the three that I feel worked compositionally under the pressures of "OMG we have umpteen characters that have to go on the poster".

Rick McCallum loves you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.