main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "required" EU reading?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by RanPaltine, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RanPaltine

RanPaltine Jedi Master

Jun 25, 2005
    Way back in the day I read many of the OT EU books. I enjoyed the books I did read greatly. There were exceptions, and the fact that I despised a certain character many others love...

Now the PT is done and I realize I haven't ventured in the PT EU at all save for the Clone Wars toon. I was wondering if you all had some recommendations for books taking place in the PT.

I am not too interested with stories that center too much on characters that were never in one way or another shown in the PT movies. I would love to read books that talk about the relationship between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan as well as Obi-Wan and Anakin. I have always wondered about stories involving characters like Luminara and her Padawan along with Jedi like Koth & Mundi.

Thanks in advanced.

2. Thrawn1786

Thrawn1786 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 8, 2004
    I just finished reading Labyrinth of Evil, an Obi-Wan and Anakin story. It takes place right before ROTS, and is a fairly good book. It leads straight into the movie, and shows events from the Clone Wars 'toon. This is a good idea, as there are people who might not've seen the show. I would recommend it.

The Approaching Storm takes place right before AOTC. When Mace says, "That's possible. He's just returned from a border dispute on Ansion", this book deals with that story. It's Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luminara, and her Padawan Bariss working together.

If you like them separate, here are these titles:

The Cestus Deception- Obi-Wan and Kit Fisto team up to stop a planet from going to the Separatist side. Also, one of the clone troopers deals with his human side.

Jedi Trial- I read it several months ago and don't remember the plot very well, but it is an Anakin story. Quite good.

Hope this helps you! :)

3. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I ran a thread called "EUC Survivor" in which people voted off books. The top three prequel books occording to the EUC are.

#1: Republic Commando: Hard Contact
    #2: Shatterpoint
    #3: Labrynth of Evil

And Republic Commando also won the award for Best EU Book

-The Scummy-

4. RanPaltine

RanPaltine Jedi Master

Jun 25, 2005
    Thanks for the recommendations guys! :) I will be sure to take a look at these books.

5. DarthGabriel81

DarthGabriel81 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 22, 2005
    I only plan on reading one PT book. Possible even the Last of The Jedi youth books.

Star Wars: Dark Lord : The Rise of Darth Vader

6. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Dark Rendezvous was a favorite of mine. :)

~Vassago

7. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    I enjoyed LOE and I just recently finished Jedi Trial... I am going to get Dark Rendevouz soon. Along with Cestus Deception

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.