main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT PT Trivia - New Format Edition

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Apr 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Okay it is just about time for the next round of PT Trivia to begin, I will have the first question posted later today. In the meantime, here are the rules and stuff:

Format: There will still be three rounds with 5 questions each. Each participant should PM me their answers, please do not post answers in the thread itself. The winner(s) will be whoever has the most points at the end of the third round.

First round:
    Basically I will come up with three clues about a character, movie, actor, etc. I will give the first clue and then everyone will have 2-3 days to answer. After the 2-3 days I'll provide another clue and then 2-3 days after that I will provide a final clue. Anyone who answers correctly after the first clue will be awarded 3 points, anyone who answers correctly after the 2nd clue gets 2 points, and if it takes the 3rd clue to get the answer correct you will get 1 point. In the first round you can guess after each clue, and I will inform you if you are correct or not so that you know if you need to keep guessing after each clue. (10 points needed to advance)

Second round:
    Same as the first round except that clues will become harder and more vague. You will also only be allowed to guess two times in this round, and after a second incorrect guess you are done with the question with no points. I will not let you know if your answer is correct or not either this round until points are given out. (20 points needed to advance)

Third round:
    Again, the clues will be harder and more vague. You also will only be allowed one guess, so you'll need to either be very sure when you answer or decide if the risk is worth it to get max points.

An example of how this will play out:

First round question:
    #1 This character was played by Samuel L. Jackson

Player 1 guesses Mace Windu
    Player 2 guesses Anakin Skywalker

Player 1 is awarded 3 points and is done with this question.
    I tell player 2 they are incorrect and they will wait for the next clue.
    #2 This character had a purple lightsaber
    This time Player 2 guesses Mace Windu and is awarded 2 points and does not need the final clue.

The second round would play out the same way except only 2 guesses are allowed and I do not tell everyone if they were correct or not, leaving them to decide if they need to change their answer or not after additional clues. The third round is the same except you only get the one guess. This should allow for some fun strategy in the 2nd and 3rd rounds with people having to decide if they should risk answering after the first clue or waiting until the next clues.....and I'll warn you now that the clues will become harder and more vague, meaning that there could be multiple answers that fit the first clue. For example a clue could be something like:

#1 One of the Jedi who confronted Palpatine in his office in ROTS.

Do you risk a guess after this clue or wait until the next one? :)

If any of this doesn't make sense or you have questions please let me know!!

Other rules:

Questions will be exclusive to the PT era movies - note that this may include BTS material. However, no knowledge of EU/Legends continuity will be necessary
    As this is the internet and I can't stalk you all, nothing's stopping you from using Google or Wookieepedia to look up the answers. In fact, you'll probably have to.

Also, please make sure to click on "watch thread" so that you get notifications about postings. With 20 people I'm not going to tag everyone every time because that will require a bit more work than I'd like and half the time I don't think the tags work anyways.

Previous Winners:

Count Yubnub
    Count Yubnub
    Darth Chiznuk
    Force Smuggler
    Immortiss
    Bail B. Baobab
    cubman987
    cubman987/Darth Chiznuk
    darkspine10/Evening Star

Dagobahsystem and Valency Jane like this.
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
  3. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'm a little insulted by that first sample question :p

Valency Jane and DarthAnakin96 like this.
  4. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
  5. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Because you didn't know the answer? :D

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Okay so time for the first question. Remember, in this round you can guess after each clue and I will let you know if you are correct or not. Everyone will have 48 hours to provide an answer with this clue. Some time after 48 hours I will post the next clue (you can still get your answer in for 3 points anytime before I post the next clue). If everyone answers correctly before the 2nd clue we will just move on to the next question. Always make sure to pay attention to what I'm asking for, be it the actor, the character, or whatever, answering the name of an actor when I'm looking for a character will not be accepted as a correct answer. We will start out a bit easier but the clues will get more vague and with more possible answers as we go on.

Question 1: Which character am I describing?

First clue: This character was voiced by Lindsay Duncan (3 points)

Valency Jane likes this.
  8. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Answer Sent.

It begins! :cool:

Valency Jane likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The correct answer has been sented.

Guidman , Valency Jane and Seagoat like this.
  10. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Oh yeah that reminds me.....posting that you sent your answer is completely optional. In fact, you can come up with some nice strategy and post that you sent your answer even if you didn't if you think it will help or post answer sent after each clue to throw people off.

Valency Jane likes this.
  11. BenYodaDagobah

BenYodaDagobah Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2016
  12. Tonyg

Tonyg Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Answer sent! Or unsent if you prefer it. ;)
    Only one question to clarify: if we guess the first clue, we shoudn't answer the next two or we could answer them (for extra points) for example?

[​IMG]

Valency Jane likes this.
  13. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I'm off to just a greaaat start..
    [face_worried]

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  15. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Once you answer correctly you are done until the next question. (So 3 is the max points you can get)

Tonyg likes this.
  16. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

Answer sent

Valency Jane likes this.
  17. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    This one deserves like 10 bonus points for amusing me with BotW

cubman987 make it so!

18. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Answer sent. :)

19. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013

B99 likes this.
  20. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Reminder that they 2nd clue will be posted tomorrow sometime after 12:41pm CDT, if you want to try for 3 points get your answer in before then.

21. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    12:41! Very specific... :p

22. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Just a reminder: as always if I lose I'm banning everybody. :p

23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    But.. if i win, do i get to take your place as Super Ninja mod?

24. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I'm sorry but there has only been one person to survive the intense training needed to become the Superninja and you're looking at him. Or at least his avatar that is. ;)

Darkslayer and B99 like this.
  25. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    Made a very educated guess based on that clue! Lets get this party started! :p

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.