main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Public Apology

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by UniversalDestiny, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UniversalDestiny

UniversalDestiny Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    To all Carolina Fan Force, Carolina Garrison, and Rebel Legion Members:

After IQM I, while still a member of the mailing group for the Garrison. I had received and seen a few e-mails from members of the Garrison that were mad at the Fan Forces for what happened at IQM 1. I had been asked by a certain Fan Force to let them know what was going on in the Garrison Mailing group concerning the Fan Force situation. There were a lot of e-mails floating around from members who were angry and frustrated about the situation. After being asked what happened by a certain Fan Force, I told them what was going on whereas I should not and should have directly reported the e-mails to the 501st directly. Which I did not, that was my mistake.

As IQM 2 moved closer there were still a few e-mails floating around in the group and as many of you know, tempers were flaring on the Fan Force boards. I should have also reported those e-mails to Sean and Chris and I did not, instead I told the certain Fan Force what was going on, after they asked me what was being done to solve the issues that opened up at IQM. I should not have told them what happened, again I made another mistake.

When IQM 2 came around, those that had issues resolved and we began to move forward in a new direction, which would lead to bigger and better things for all groups involved.

It is my hope that each group can work together towards bigger and better things. We are all Star Wars fans, and we have been brought together by these movies.

However, after IQM 2 I received an e-mail which I believe opened another rift saying that I had started a major lie about those e-mails. I will admit that I told the truth about those e-mails to the Fan Force group and I apologized for telling them things that should have only remained with the Garrison itself and not for the Fan Force public in general.

Again, I must apologize here and now for my actions. I originally thought I was doing something good by keeping the Fan Forces aware of what was being taken to help heal the rift that has driven the Fan Organizations apart. My goal since joining the Fan Force and the 501st is just to have an understanding between the two groups. There is so much good that each organization can accomplish together. There is so much that we can do together to spread the Fandom in North Carolina.

Now that this has happened, I might have opened another rift between organizations and I feel guilty for everything that has happened.

I sincerely apologize for everything that I have done, not only to the 501st but to the Fan Force directly. I should not have told anyone anything about what happened, nor should I have dragged myself into this mess. I feel like I have stabbed both of my families in the back and the guilt is overwhelming.

Sean, Chris Burnside, Felix, Jerri, Don, Rich, Natalie, everyone has been like a brother or sister to me. I owe everyone a major apology for my actions and I am extremely sorry for destroying the bond that we have all worked so hard to form.

I don't know how else to put everything, but I want to be there to see both groups working together as friends not as enemies.

Please accept my apology, and please don't let my actions destroy the bond that has formed at IQM 2.

Again, my sincerist apologizes,

Jane Willer
    North Carolina Fan Force Public Relations Director.

2. lumberjedi

lumberjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2002
    Wow, what happend? Whatever it is, it reminds me of Fredo from Godfather Part II.

"It was you UniversalDestiny, I know it was you. You broke my heart, you broke my heart!"

_jOBO

3. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    I know I appreciate your appology. I believe everything has worked out for the best. ENOUGH HAS BEEN SAID ABOUT THIS SUBJECT.

Let the past die.

Forgiveness is the gift we can not only give others but can also give to ourselves.

Jane, you are a dedicated and resourceful STAR WARS FAN. I am proud to call you a friend. Fan Forces and 501st alike should be happy to have you in their clubs. Everyone makes mistakes from time to time, we are only human.

May the Force Be with You!

Kevin N. Hill
    Jedi Master Kel / Supreme Sith Lord

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.